PDA

View Full Version : David Johnson - FB

SidSmythe
09-28-2009, 09:15 AM
David Johnson started at FB yesterday due to Frank Summers ineffectiveness at the position. Parker started out hot, but his production fell off late.
Could this be due to Johnson getting injured??? Could we have a gem here???

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I've been saying that Johnson was a better blocker than Summers for a while now, which was the reason that I thought it was okay to ship Summers to the practice squad to learn how to play fullback, and replacing him on the roster with Redman to run behind Johnson in short yardage situations.

Does anyone have an update on the extent of Johnson's injury? I don't want to have to go back to seeing the Tank trying to learn how to play fullback on the job again.

SteelerNation1
09-28-2009, 09:33 AM
I've been saying that Johnson was a better blocker than Summers for a while now, which was the reason that I thought it was okay to ship Summers to the practice squad to learn how to play fullback, and replacing him on the roster with Redman to run behind Johnson in short yardage situations.

Does anyone have an update on the extent of Johnson's injury? I don't want to have to go back to seeing the Tank trying to learn how to play fullback on the job again.
Take this for what it's worth. I saw DJ (in uniform)on the sideline late in the game. This has to be a good thing I'd imagine.

NorthCoast
09-28-2009, 09:34 AM
No. Johnson left way early in the game. Most of the running was after that.

I still think Johnson can't be any worse than Summers so it is good he is getting a shot at PT.

SidSmythe
09-28-2009, 10:55 AM

I still think Johnson can't be any worse than Summers so it is good he is getting a shot at PT.

From what I recall Johnson left late in the 2nd quarter and a bulk of Willie's yardage was before his injury. I could be wrong, afterall i'm a little emotional right now. :cry:

NorthCoast
09-28-2009, 11:05 AM

From what I recall Johnson left late in the 2nd quarter and a bulk of Willie's yardage was before his injury. I could be wrong, afterall i'm a little emotional right now. :cry:

He was injured at 5:28 of the first quarter.

ikestops85
09-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I thought he got hurt in the 1st quarter ... but I didn't sleep very well last night. :(