PDA

View Full Version : Will this loss turn the Steelers

stlrz d
09-28-2009, 08:35 AM
from house cats into jungle cats?

House cats get their prey and toy with it...and sometimes don't even kill it.

Jungle cats are in it for survival and don't f**k around...they go for the kill!

So is this the game that gives the coaching staff the impetus to start going for the kill instead of toying with the prey?

RKSteel
09-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I hope so. Will they, no. The days of running out the clock with the Bus are long gone. The offense has to keep scoring cause the d cannot hold a lead.

Did you see the Jets yesterday. Ryan had the defense attacking all day. On the Titans last drive, the defense was blitzing 6-7 guys, not sitting back in a soft zone hoping the qb will not be able to complete the pass.

SteelBucks
09-28-2009, 08:54 AM

Jungle cats are in it for survival and don't f**k around...they go for the kill!

So is this the game that gives the coaching staff the impetus to start going for the kill instead of toying with the prey?

We'll find out next Sunday night vs. the Bolts. I'm pushing the panic button if they drop this one.....

rpmpit
09-28-2009, 09:01 AM
The scary thing is we were saying this after every loss in '06. Hopefully we right the ship and start playing like we're capable of playing.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
The scary thing is we were saying this after every loss in '06. Hopefully we right the ship and start playing like we're capable of playing.

That team eventually turned it around and went 6-2 down the stretch. Hopefully this team will wake up before they are 2-6 at midseason and out of the running.

True Fan
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM

no, that was last weeks game.........oh, never mind

jj28west
09-28-2009, 06:57 PM
The year the Steelers went to the Superbowl in '96 didnt they go 2-4 before they lost to Green Bay? I also believe they got beat soundly by a couple teams early on. Was there anyone at yesterday's game that is here? The body language on Hines looked like he was frustrated maybe with the holding call on him earlier. Also, did the safety roll over to double Santonio? Its early but he looks uncoverable one on one.

The TV only shows you so much and the play by play guy would not have a clue. He was calling the hold on #26 Joe Burnett. Deshea has always tugged a little when trailing the receiver. He gets away with it most times.

NW Steeler
09-28-2009, 07:04 PM
The year the Steelers went to the Superbowl in '96 didnt they go 2-4 before they lost to Green Bay? I also believe they got beat soundly by a couple teams early on. Was there anyone at yesterday's game that is here? The body language on Hines looked like he was frustrated maybe with the holding call on him earlier. Also, did the safety roll over to double Santonio? Its early but he looks uncoverable one on one.

The TV only shows you so much and the play by play guy would not have a clue. He was calling the hold on #26 Joe Burnett. Deshea has always tugged a little when trailing the receiver. He gets away with it most times.

I believe that we were 3-4 after a loss to the Bengals, when they shredded our pass defense. They moved Carnell Lake to corner after that game because of the huge hole left there after Woodson was hurt in the opener. I forget who they were playing at that corner spot until that point.

jj28west
09-28-2009, 07:23 PM

I believe that we were 3-4 after a loss to the Bengals, when they shredded our pass defense. They moved Carnell Lake to corner after that game because of the huge hole left there after Woodson was hurt in the opener. I forget who they were playing at that corner spot until that point.

Thanks NW,

He tore the MCL from Barry Sanders and I think we had Alvoid Mays and Willie Williams @ corner also. I thought that was the Bengals which was probably around the Blake, Pickens years.

SteelerNation1
09-28-2009, 07:58 PM

Alvoid Mays #28 :wft Why do I know that?

isonator07
09-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Nicely done was thinking it had to be him or Willie Williams #27....i think??

SteelerNation1
09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Nicely done was thinking it had to be him or Willie Williams #27....i think??
Willie Williams started opposite Lake that year.

grotonsteel
09-28-2009, 08:47 PM

Yes..if Steelers D shows up..

NorthCoast
09-28-2009, 11:04 PM
We have short memories. It was not long ago in the Cowher era that the Steelers were notorious slow starters. We dropped some highly winnable games early in the season. This is the time for the vets to step up and renew the urgency. It can't be easy after winning a Superbowl but if any team can do it I think this one can.

JTP53609
09-29-2009, 12:06 PM
i agree we need to go for the kill, but really, we were up 10-0 when wallace caught the deep ball, i wish he could of scored a TD instead we get 3, 17-0 is totally different than 13-0....but yea we do need to go for the kill even when it is 20-0, the rats won 34-3 and kept going when it was 20-0

Jooser
09-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Yep, we were very slow starters under Cowher. We aren't slow starters now though, we're slow finishers. That's a nice analogy stlrs_d, we do need to finish off the competition and not let the proverbial mouse hang around...

NW Steeler
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Well we certainly didn't finish slowly last season.