PDA

View Full Version : Random Rants After the Bengal Loss

BradshawsHairdresser
09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Well, from my perspective our Steelers are in real trouble already. Down two games in the division after week 3, and have yet to play the Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Broncos and Dolphins, not to mention a rematch with the improved Bengals and two contests with the Ravens. It will take a major turnaround and heavy effort just to get into wildcard contention, IMO.

Can anyone tell me why Limas Sweed is on the active roster? Do Tomlin and Co. really feel as though it’s necessary to have a big, athletic receiver who can’t catch the ball?

Rashard Mendenhall, in his few touches last week, was extremely productive. His reward? Not even a sniff of action in this week’s game.

We are in desperate need of a short-yardage running game. This season, that lack of ability in that department has hampered us big-time.

I don’t care if we are the defending Super Bowl champs and we’re only three weeks into the season. If I were in charge, Bruce Arians would be fired right now.

The biggest problem with today’s defensive effort wasn’t the absence of Troy Polamalu.
It was LeBeau’s softee defense during the critical Bengal drives in the fourth quarter.
His schemes seem to have been wholly set on the premise that Palmer would
certainly make a fatal mistake. Palmer didn’t, and the Steelers paid for it.

And what’s been up with Santonio Holmes the last couple of games? Maybe someone had better check his locker (not to mention the jockey box in his car) and see if he’s been toking up before the games. And while they’re at it, check Lamar Woodley for the funny weed, too. With Woodley’s play thus far in the season, I’m thinking the Steelers got ripped off royally with his new deal.

This team doesn’t seem to want to go for the kill. Today’s game should have been
at least a two-touchdown victory for the Steelers...It seems that in keeping with their current identity, they let inferior teams hang around and have a chance to win. The blame for this ultimately rests with none other than Mr. Tomlin himself.

For all the talk about having no Super Bowl hangover, this team exhibits all the marks of having a Super Bowl hangover. Methinks that in the offseason, too many players read too many press clippings about themselves.

On a bright note (I like to end on a positive), Mike Wallace is looking as though he could be a very special player, don‘t you think?

grotonsteel
09-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, from my perspective our Steelers are in real trouble already. Down two games in the division after week 3, and have yet to play the Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Broncos and Dolphins, not to mention a rematch with the improved Bengals and two contests with the Ravens. It will take a major turnaround and heavy effort just to get into wildcard contention, IMO.

Can anyone tell me why Limas Sweed is on the active roster? Do Tomlin and Co. really feel as though it’s necessary to have a big, athletic receiver who can’t catch the ball?

Rashard Mendenhall, in his few touches last week, was extremely productive. His reward? Not even a sniff of action in this week’s game.

We are in desperate need of a short-yardage running game. This season, that lack of ability in that department has hampered us big-time.

I don’t care if we are the defending Super Bowl champs and we’re only three weeks into the season. If I were in charge, Bruce Arians would be fired right now.

The biggest problem with today’s defensive effort wasn’t the absence of Troy Polamalu.
It was LeBeau’s softee defense during the critical Bengal drives in the fourth quarter.

And what’s been up with Santonio Holmes the last couple of games? Maybe someone had better check his locker (not to mention the jockey box in his car) and see if he’s been toking up before the games. And while they’re at it, check Lamar Woodley for the funny weed, too. With Woodley’s play thus far in the season, I’m thinking the Steelers got ripped off royally with his new deal.

This team doesn’t seem to want to go for the kill. Today’s game should have been
at least a two-touchdown victory for the Steelers...It seems that in keeping with their current identity, they let inferior teams hang around and have a chance to win. The blame for this ultimately rests with none other than Mr. Tomlin himself.

For all the talk about having no Super Bowl hangover, this team exhibits all the marks of having a Super Bowl hangover. Methinks that in the offseason, too many players read too many press clippings about themselves.

On a bright note (I like to end on a positive), Mike Wallace is looking as though he could be a very special player, don‘t you think?

:Agree

Dick LeBeau should hang his boots. He should have done it after Superbowl win.

Time for 4-3 defense.

feltdizz
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
you cannot blame Arians.. not when Sweed drops a TD and Wallace runs out of bounds on a sure TD....

I agree though.. Lebeau go's soft at the weirdest times.. I'm a conspiracy guy and feel as though we are going to make sure we don't repeat. I can't find any other theory as to how we aren't 3-0 after watching these games...

4th and 4 and our D is killing them and we go for it then play soft D?

I'm not buying the Bungles being that good. We are giving games away.. we lose the Tank and then I hear a guys name I never heard before.. David Johnson I think?

No Mendy.. no Russell.. No Mundy.. it's bullsh##t.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM

:Agree

bad word LeBeau should hang his boots. He should have done it after Superbowl win.

Time for 4-3 defense.

It wasn't the scheme, it was the conservative play calls late in the game.

pittpete
09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Plain and simple the defense blew and didnt finish
We can cry and complain till we're blue in the face.
Defense ran outta steam,didnt play 60 minutes.
BTW,we are in serious trouble as Baltimore may have finally put it together.
I'm scared this year allready(fighting back tears) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Very disappointing this year, as we have given 2 games away we would've won last year.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
you cannot blame Arians.. not when Sweed drops a TD and Wallace runs out of bounds on a sure TD....

I'm not blaming Arians for Sweed's drop or Wallace's run out of bounds...I'm not blaming him for Ben's pick 6, either. I'm blaming him for lame play-calling in critical situations, and in particular in the fourth quarter. We'd have been much better off going to the no-huddle and putting Ben in charge of selecting the plays.

I agree though.. Lebeau go's soft at the weirdest times.. I'm a conspiracy guy and feel as though we are going to make sure we don't repeat. I can't find any other theory as to how we aren't 3-0 after watching these games...

I'm not buying the Bungles being that good. We are giving games away.. we lose the Tank and then I hear a guys name I never heard before.. David Johnson I think?

The coaching so far this season earns no better than a D-. Today it was an F.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
And while they’re at it, check Lamar Woodley for the funny weed, too. With Woodley’s play thus far in the season, I’m thinking the Steelers got ripped off royally with his new deal.

Woodley did not get a new deal. He's still playing off of his rookie contract.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM

David "D.J." Johnson is a TE that we drafted in the 7th round. He took HcHugh's role when Sean was placed on I.R. (he's the 3rd TE/H-back/FB). I'm not sure how you never heard of him because he was a much more impressive blocker than Summers all camp long and should have been the primary FB all along. We didn't lose the Tank...he was inactive in this game because Johnson is the better blocker. Also, Gary Russell was cut in the offseason long before camp even started.