PDA

View Full Version : here's the math

Starlifter
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
well, we've dug a hole to climb out of. big test next week against SD. the way i see it, we have 4 games to the bye. SD, det, cleve, minn. we take all 4, sit at 5-2 and we're on our way in good shape. we lose more than 1 and i think at 4-3 things really get tight. one week at a time of course but i believe october will determine if we're playing in january.

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
I know that SD is the darling of the national media this year and most analysts have a hard-on for Philip Rivers, but that team ain't all that.

With that said, we should win at home against them. Let's get the next one and then go from there. Detroit and Cleve. are very winnable games...

Let's not forget that Baltimore has NE next weekend up there. Not an easy place to play....

:tt1

DrCalculus
09-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Trying to speculate as to where things will wind up in 3 months is difficult, but really -- who has really been that impressive in the AFC other than the Indy and the Jets?

Baltimore is 3-0, but got wins over KC and Cleveland. Ditto Denver with wins over Cinci, Cleveland, and Oakland.

Patriots & Bengals are both 2-1 but with a bounce or two going the other way NE should be 1-2 and Cinci could easily be winless.

SD, Miami, & Tennessee -- the other three division winners from last year, are a combined 2-7.

And really, would it surprise anyone if the Jets took a huge nosedive in the coming weeks?

No one is really looking unbeatable. Even if the Steelers make it to the bye at 4-3 or 3-4, what does that mean? Does 9-7 get into the playoffs this year? Remember that SD was 8-8 last year. Hard to speculate...

Hard to think that if Sweed wraps up that ball and Reed doesn't shank either of a pair of kicks last week the Steelers would be 3-0 and everyone would be saying how those close wins in September are good experience come January.

Djfan
09-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Trying to speculate as to where things will wind up in 3 months is difficult, but really -- who has really been that impressive in the AFC other than the Indy and the Jets?

Baltimore is 3-0, but got wins over KC and Cleveland. Ditto Denver with wins over Cinci, Cleveland, and Oakland.

Patriots & Bengals are both 2-1 but with a bounce or two going the other way NE should be 1-2 and Cinci could easily be winless.

SD, Miami, & Tennessee -- the other three division winners from last year, are a combined 2-7.

And really, would it surprise anyone if the Jets took a huge nosedive in the coming weeks?

No one is really looking unbeatable. Even if the Steelers make it to the bye at 4-3 or 3-4, what does that mean? Does 9-7 get into the playoffs this year? Remember that SD was 8-8 last year. Hard to speculate...

Hard to think that if Sweed wraps up that ball and Reed doesn't shank either of a pair of kicks last week the Steelers would be 3-0 and everyone would be saying how those close wins in September are good experience come January.

Sounds like football to me!

NorthCoast
09-28-2009, 09:01 AM
I know that SD is the darling of the national media this year and most analysts have a hard-on for Philip Rivers, but that team ain't all that.

With that said, we should win at home against them. Let's get the next one and then go from there. Detroit and Cleve. are very winnable games...

Let's not forget that Baltimore has NE next weekend up there. Not an easy place to play....

:tt1

The way the secondary is playing I would not pencil in a win against Diego just yet. They are very much like the Titans and you saw what a squeaker that was.

Think about this: we are 30 seconds from being 3-0 or 30 seconds from being 0-3. The NFL has gotten what they want. Games being decided in last seconds (OK, except when the Browns play).

The old adage still hold true: good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. You decide which one we are....

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 09:12 AM

Indy hasn't looked all that great so far except for last night. They beat Jacksonville 14-12 in week 1 and then allowed Miami to hold the ball for more than 45 minutes and only won that game because Chad Pennington ran one of the worst 2 minute "hurry-up" drills that I have ever seen.

JTP53609
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
i really believe next week is make or break....if we win than we win the next 2 after we sit 4-2 with minnesota comin to town before the bye.......

how weird is this though, i just thought of it...

2006- started 1-3 with our second loss coming to the bungles on a last second touchdown from palmer and the third loss to the chargers on sunday night football

SteelBucks
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
You know things are going bad when scenarios are being played out in Week 4! :D