PDA

View Full Version : lesson learned

pick6
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
well that sucks really bad. (understatement of the year)

although farrior knows much more, maybe timmons should play the short center in these situations (dime package).

i refuse to put this game on any one individual, there were enough mistakes to go around. but what i will say is that we dont have nor have we ever had in my entire life a truly consistant killer instinct. I mean when it is evident that you are better than your opponent and you are executing better than the enemy then you try to completely destroy them for 60 minutes and as soon as they are ready to surrender you stab them in the heart over and over until the whistle sounds. And you get off on doing this to people.

now i personally don't have a true killer instinct. not like the 49ers of the 80's, the cowboys of the 90's, and the cheats of the 00's. but if we're going to make a run for this thing again, we better get this mentality soon before things get away from us.

we are the steelers. this means that every team that plays us under whatever circumstances will use us as a measuring stick to see who they are as a team and as men. I dont care if we are 4-6, this has been and will always BE. Look at how our team dominates at the beginning of these games and then once we get a lead then here comes the complacency, in both the play calling and the execution.

Maybe you guys can help me out with these.
what is the deal with the empty set formation? I dont get it. and then on the last play, presumably one shot to the end zone we flank ben with not 1 but 2 players. gentlemen it seems as though we sent out 3 recievers on that last play. this makes no sense. an empty set on 2nd and 4 then a max protect on the last play. what the heck.

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I wonder if we go up by 13 next week if we will go into the locker room and eat VANILLA ice cream and be happy with the first half and than lie down......i have seen it happen before

pick6
09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
we are on the same page and i have to believe that tomlin sees what we see. we'll see.