PDA

View Full Version : Limes Sweed=BUST

drprwnap
09-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Limes Sweed=Weegie Thompson
Limes Sweed=Dwight "hands of" Stone

Sorry guys, this guy is a BIG TIME BUST! Mike Wallace (rookie) is making plays and Sweed (2nd year guy), can't. I was down on him last year but wanted to give him a second chance. Well, he ain't getting a third chance in my book. I don't want to see him on the field EVER again :evil:

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I agree. He needs to find another line of work.....

:tt1

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
if im dwight stone, i think i take offense to be compared to sweed.....limas sour not sweeD

drprwnap
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
if im dwight stone, i think i take offense to be compared to sweed.....limas sour not sweeD
:Agree Apologies to Dwight!

Mick'sTeam
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
I agree 100%!!!! He needs to be our #5 behind Wallace he is developing in to a very solid #3 and Shaun McDonald. To me Sweed is no different than Fred Gibson because I see no difference between not being able to learn the playbook and not being able to catch a football as both make you worthless.

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Sweed needs to be released. He just plain suks.

:tt1

JAR
09-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Sweed gets open on just about every play. He's young, give him a little more time. Nate W. also dropped a lot of passes in his first two years.

SteelBucks
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
While we're at it, Mendenhall = Bust.

The fact that he can't even get on the field speaks volumes. Outside of one run over the past 1+ seasons, he has shown absolutely nothing. The guy is playing like a undrafted FA than a 1st round pick.

DukieBoy
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
He gets open, he makes some tough catches. He has a couple big time drops, today's contributed to a loss.

I'd like to give him through year 3 to make a final call on him.

NorthCoast
09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Knowing Tomlin, my guess is Sweed will see fewer and fewer snaps to show what he's got while Wallace will enjoy being #3 (and rightly so because all he does is make plays). You want open?? Wallace has guys giving him 5 & 10 yds because of his speed.

I am all for playing the guy that makes the plays and right now that guy is Wallace...great hands and great route running. To me Sweed is looking more and more like Braylon Edwards. Fortunately for us Sweed is not our No. 1 while Edwards is for the Browns.

DukieBoy
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
We're one injury away from Sweed getting more playing time, though. Otherwise, I think you are right that Sweed will see the field less.

skyhawk
09-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Wallace is now our #1 receiver.

Mick'sTeam
09-27-2009, 10:43 PM
We're one injury away from Sweed getting more playing time, though. Otherwise, I think you are right that Sweed will see the field less.

Sweed should only see the field after Ward, Holmes, Wallace, and McDonald get hurt. He is our 5th best WR, and 7th if you want to throw Miller and Spaeth in to the mix.

Chadman
09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Can we agree that this puts paid to that STUPID clamour for Ben's 'need' for a BIG WR we seemed to all be gushing about going into last season's draft?

Chadman will say it again- if a WR gets open, and catches the ball, he can be 5'9" & be successful.

Sweed was a 'reach' based on a supposed 'need' for physical attributes, as opposed to football attributes.

feltdizz
09-27-2009, 11:10 PM
big time bust.. he is like a RB who fumbles at the goal line when no one touches him...

buckeyehoppy
09-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Not 4 nuthin', but how are those first two picks workin' out from the 2008 Draft? Just askin'...

FWIW, I clamored for the last three entry drafts for the FO to draft OL high in the process. Didn't happen. Oh well, the bell has rung on that thought process. But is the drafting of skill position talent highly in those drafts and bypassing a need looking more and more like a FO that doesn't have a clue as to how to evaluate whole segments of talent on their team?

Kids, unless we can find WRs who can f---ing catch balls that are right in their hands and an OL that can consistently block for the run, then the chickens may be coming home to roost more quickly than any of us will be feeling comfortable with.

Let the :stirpot :stirpot :stirpot begin!

Djfan
09-28-2009, 01:37 AM
The part that kills me is that I was in camp for a week last year. There was this guy named Rucker who was bigger and faster than Sweed. He caught most passes. Definately more than Sweed did. We cut him. Why? Don't know. The only reason I heard was that Sweed was a high pick and Rucker wasn't.

papillon
09-28-2009, 06:15 AM
The part that kills me is that I was in camp for a week last year. There was this guy named Rucker who was bigger and faster than Sweed. He caught most passes. Definately more than Sweed did. We cut him. Why? Don't know. The only reason I heard was that Sweed was a high pick and Rucker wasn't.

Hopefully, the CBA will put an end to that type of thinking. Once you invest the money the team has no choice really. Although, I still believe that Sweed will contribute this year to the team's success and be a good WR in the NFL.

Pappy

flippy
09-28-2009, 06:24 AM
The worst part about Sweed is he acts like a goober when he messes up. He akwardly put his hands up signaling he had a TD catch. What a dooche.

feltdizz
09-28-2009, 11:44 AM

i liked rucker too.. i remember a hail mary to end a preseason game where he didn't come down with a tough catch in the pile..

some fans say if he caught that he would have made the team..

it's sad how some players have to turn water into wine to make a team while high draft picks turn water into dirt and make the team.

Steeler Mafia
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Sweed gets open on just about every play. He's young, give him a little more time. Nate W. also dropped a lot of passes in his first two years.

and he continued to drop some in his last two years.

MeetJoeGreene
09-28-2009, 12:07 PM
To say that Limas is a disappointment would be an understatement.

I had high hopes he would do better this year as he appeared to be improving.

I fear this miss will be a damaging setback.

It will be a LONG time before I don't hold my breath/cover my eyes when I realize a pass is going to him.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-28-2009, 12:22 PM

Why do you think Jamarcus Russell is a QB in this league? IUP's QB could do a better job than Russell and I don't even know who that is.

AngryAsian
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM
When you have receivers like TO, Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall... the NFL's lovefest for Big Physical Receivers towering 6'3"+ and 210+ lbs is a flavor that most teams seem to covet. The physicality of such a receiving specimen has plenty of obvious advantages in the possession game.... but if a receiver has no fundamental ability to capture and retain a football, then the point of having such an individual on your squad is moot. Sweed is bust, sad but true.

Shoe
09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
I agree 100%!!!! He needs to be our #5 behind Wallace he is developing in to a very solid #3 and Shaun McDonald. To me Sweed is no different than Fred Gibson because I see no difference between not being able to learn the playbook and not being able to catch a football as both make you worthless.

That's a fair comparison so far. Gibson was also a supposed talent... I will stop from calling him a complete bust (yet), but he shows many symptoms of a bust. Man, he struggles to catch the ball naturally (I think that's what the scouts call fighting the ball).

Slapstick
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Sweet Jesus, why don't we overreact a little more?

I'm sorry that Limas didn't hold on to that ball. Limas is sorry that he didn't hold on to that ball.

But, that was not exactly a routine catch...if Limas comes down with that, it makes every highlight film on every sports network there is...

I still firmly believe that he'll come down with more of those than he drops...

Shoe
09-28-2009, 11:13 PM

I'm sorry that Limas didn't hold on to that ball. Limas is sorry that he didn't hold on to that ball.

But, that was not exactly a routine catch...if Limas comes down with that, it makes every highlight film on every sports network there is...

:?: :?: :?:
He is a professional Receiver, and he:
-wasn't touched
-got two hands on the ball, and
-the ball even contacted his body

You gotta make that catch (not "more than he drops", but regularly).

feltdizz
09-28-2009, 11:23 PM

your highlight bar is set really low... do you have analog? I'm watching Favre throw into double coverage with no time left and a guy tap dancing for a TD...

and you say a breadbasket TD with no defender on him is a circus catch? Have you been to the circus?

feltdizz
09-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Not 4 nuthin', but how are those first two picks workin' out from the 2008 Draft? Just askin'...

I'm seriously starting to wonder if we go after the "works in progress to low ball them and give are vets more playing time without the pressure of being replaced.

stlrz d
09-28-2009, 11:30 PM

I'm seriously starting to wonder if we go after the "works in progress to low ball them and give are vets more playing time without the pressure of being replaced.

Yeah, that's exactly it. Gump, you're a god damned genius!

feltdizz
09-29-2009, 12:50 AM

sure... get mad at me... :Clap

stlrz d
09-29-2009, 07:05 AM

sure... get mad at me... :Clap

Who said I was mad?

Was the drill sergeant mad at Gump when he said that?

You came up with a brilliant theory and I was recognizin'!