PDA

View Full Version : Were in a funk-Sweed sux-put in Wallace -D not doing it

feelthesteel
09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
thats my assesment so far call it SB hangover

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:36 PM
this season is a carbon copy of 2006, our third game that year was cincy, we lost on a last second touchdown....hmmmm

AngryAsian
09-27-2009, 08:08 PM
We have 13 games left folks... let's keep some perspective.

Starlifter
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
all i know is 3 weeks into the year, we're dropping touchdowns, not getting sacks, and though we appear to be able to move the ball fairly easily - we're not converting it into points. combine that with 2 weeks in a row the defense fails to stop a drive at the end of the game......not a good trend.

SD is looking for payback for last year. in 7 days we may very well be 1-3. THAT is my perspective.

Flasteel
09-27-2009, 08:19 PM
all i know is 3 weeks into the year, we're dropping touchdowns, not getting sacks, and though we appear to be able to move the ball fairly easily - we're not converting it into points. combine that with 2 weeks in a row the defense fails to stop a drive at the end of the game......not a good trend.

SD is looking for payback for last year. in 7 days we may very well be 1-3. THAT is my perspective.

Agreed. Who would have thought that not only would we start out 1-2, but it would be due in large part to our defense giving up last minute game-winning drives, our receivers (especially Holmes) betraying us, and the fact that we are generating almost no pressure on the opposing quarterback.

A loss next week, and we are in chase mode for a wildcard the rest of the way.

SD=Must win.

bostonsteeler
09-27-2009, 08:22 PM

I dont see us winning 10 of those playing the way we just did the past 3 weeks.

We squeaked past a team that is now 0-3, and lost to two teams we should've beaten easily.

Its not a talent problem. Its a combination of coaching and coaching-attitude.

With Cowher as coach, with a 11 point lead the game was basically over.
Now, I no longer feel safe with a 13 point lead.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 08:38 PM

We squeaked past a team that is now 0-3, and lost to two teams we should've beaten easily.

But Cowher had a power running game to seal the win and burn clock. We no longer have that but Arians insists on doing the same.

Tomlin needs to get with his coordinators and point out to them that this team is successful when it is being aggressive on both sides of the ball.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't understand the "Sweed sux-put in Wallace" sentiment. Wallace has been the 3rd WR in every game this year. Sweed was the 4th WR in games 1 & 3, and McDonald was the 4th WR in game 2. Wallace has already been put in ahead of Sweed long ago. He led the team with 102 yards on 7 catches yesterday, while we only threw 2 balls to Sweed.

Shoe
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't understand the "Sweed sux-put in Wallace" sentiment. Wallace has been the 3rd WR in every game this year. Sweed was the 4th WR in games 1 & 3, and McDonald was the 4th WR in game 2. Wallace has already been put in ahead of Sweed long ago. He led the team with 102 yards on 7 catches yesterday, while we only threw 2 balls to Sweed.

That is good perspective Ruthless. You're right--Wallace is #3, and Sweed is #4. It is clear that McDonald is just an insurance policy (that of being an experienced vet) should one of our starters go down.

I'm with you; as much as I do not like rewarding poor play (reward as in still getting PT), I'd stick with this foursome... but I'm also totally cool with Sweed getting benched/getting cut/getting punched in the face/getting fined for impersonating a WR/dipping his hands in honey before games.

grotonsteel
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM

If Steelers start the season 1-3 i hope Steelers tank the season. Atleast they will get a high draft pick.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM

If Steelers start the season 1-3 i hope Steelers tank the season. Atleast they will get a high draft pick.

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

If the Steelers start the season 1-3, I hope that they finish out the regular season with a 12 game winning streak and win their 7th Super Bowl. At least they will get another ring. But that's just me.

Steelgal
09-28-2009, 02:29 PM

Yeah, so they can spend more money on an unproven pro player, than being able to re-sign some of their own OR get a proven free agent. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger