PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin and Mendy

SteelStallion
09-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Second week he essentially doesn't let him play. Simms said something about him being in the doghouse. I don't know, I question if this is hurting the team.

Jom112
09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
I was wondering why Mendy wasn't in there. I know Parker had some good success early, but I think Mendy really could have craved us up...

SteelBucks
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Second week he essentially doesn't let him play. Simms said something about him being in the doghouse. I don't know, I question if this is hurting the team.

The team has some serious issues, but Mendenhall not playing isn't one of them.

steelz09
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM

I disagree - There is not excuse why Mendy is not playing. He's been just as successful as Parker in previous games. It's a case of favortism by Tomlin.

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
my mistake again, i made a similar post 2 minutes after this was posted.....parker looks good but you need to put mendy in at times too....

drprwnap
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM

From what I heard Tomlin say, Mendy isn't "taking care of the details, so I decided not to play him." Sounds to me like Mendy is lazy, doesn't care, or has a lax attitude.

hellbanger
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
just heard Tomlin say Mendy wasnt in the "details" so he didnt put him in on offense. Whatever that means. I also heard him say hes not interested in putting teams away early, just finishing the games. Thats a dumb comment after this loss.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Seems like it was a case of Mendy in the doghouse and Parker having the hot hand early in the game...and actually up until the half.

hellbanger
09-27-2009, 07:48 PM

From what I heard Tomlin say, Mendy isn't "taking care of the details, so I decided not to play him." Sounds to me like Mendy is lazy, doesn't care, or has a lax attitude.

Hmm. maybe that was it. Either way this team has got a few issues.

DukieBoy
09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
I was wondering why Mendy wasn't in there. I know Parker had some good success early, but I think Mendy really could have craved us up...

Jom ~ Looks like you've got a competitive team again. They played a gutsy game today. Just wanted to give you an acknowledgment, you've been a good troll and interacted well with our board. The next game between our teams could be even bigger for you.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Jom ~ Looks like you've got a competitive team again. They played a gutsy game today. Just wanted to give you an acknowledgment, you've been a good troll and interacted well with our board. The next game between our teams could be even bigger for you.

I don't consider Jom a troll. He's not here for the sole purpose of causing trouble.

Imo, someone being a fan of another team doesn't automatically make them a troll. And there are also "home team" trolls who only show up to cause trouble, imo.

Snatch98
09-27-2009, 09:49 PM

I don't consider Jom a troll. He's not here for the sole purpose of causing trouble.

Imo, someone being a fan of another team doesn't automatically make them a troll. And there are also "home team" trolls who only show up to cause trouble, imo.

Agreed. Definitely not a troll.

DukieBoy
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
My apologies, then. I stand corrected, and can make adjustments with new information.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 09:59 PM
My apologies, then. I stand corrected, and can make adjustments with new information.

:D

You're a good man Dukie. :)

Jom112
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM

Agreed. Definitely not a troll.

You guys are making me blush.

It was a great game. Very impressed by Benson and the O-Line. They keep fighting...

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Yea, but in the long run they will be the same old Bengals.... :lol:

SteelBucks
09-27-2009, 10:43 PM

I disagree - There is not excuse why Mendy is not playing. He's been just as successful as Parker in previous games. It's a case of favortism by Tomlin.

I wasn't impressed with Mendenhall in college and he has done nothing to change my opinion. Tomlin's comments after the game shows that Mendy is not putting in the work during the week......that's just sad for a 1st round draft pick. Until his work ethic changes, he'll be on the sideline where he should be.

feltdizz
09-28-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't buy it.. Tomlin is starting to remind me of a few HS coaches I had...

they put a superficial value on practice, drills or cleaning their locker properly and try to use that as the barometer for playing time.... some guys are great in practice but suck when the lights are on... "sweeeeed"..

I heard Ben was terrible in practice.. but got the name Big Ben for game day play..

some players can smell a coaches bullsh#t too.... just give Mendy reps in the game and let that decide his reps..

obviously the Lebeau practice D is nothing to go by as of now....

kennyes
09-28-2009, 12:48 AM

Very true!!!