PDA

View Full Version : never go for the kill

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:26 PM
the steelers sure as hell dont. never, last week and this week were the exact same game and both times we had chances to run away but our vanillla game plan killed us......going for it on 4th and 4 at the end of the half, who saw that missing and than the bungles getting 3, i sure did, 52 yd field goal??? the defense messed up AGAIN on clutch time....coaching has been BAD this year

frankthetank1
09-27-2009, 07:28 PM
last week they did go for the kill and holmes dropped a td catch. i agree with the vanilla defense in the last few mins of both games hurt big time. the defense will be a lot better when troy gets back at least

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
last week they did go for the kill and holmes dropped a td catch. i agree with the vanilla defense in the last few mins of both games hurt big time. the defense will be a lot better when troy gets back at least

i agree, i dont mean the last 3 minutes of the game, im saying when we are up by 10 or whatever early and have a chance to put them away and we dont...it seems to happen alot, i wish wallace would of stayed in on that 50 yd pass.....

frankthetank1
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM

i agree, i dont mean the last 3 minutes of the game, im saying when we are up by 10 or whatever early and have a chance to put them away and we dont...it seems to happen alot, i wish wallace would of stayed in on that 50 yd pass.....

they need to get better in the red zone and put teams away when they have the chance. that was about the worst loss you can have. they have had no pass rush this year and again for the second game in a row they dont force any turn overs

Jooser
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
All the freaking talk about no Super Bowl hangover. What a joke!

I guess the reports of Tomlin's camp this year being something like organized chaos were accurate. This team needs to buckle up and start playing light's out football. Mike had better look in the mirror and ask why the wheels are coming off.....

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
All the freaking talk about no Super Bowl hangover. What a joke!

I guess the reports of Tomlin's camp this year being something like organized chaos were accurate. This team needs to buckle up and start playing light's out football. Mike had better look in the mirror and ask why the wheels are coming off.....

is he gonna be wearing those shades when he looks in the mirror......i think he is buddy buddy with them too much from what i see, of course im not in the locker room, but from seeing him at the games and camp...

pick6
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
the wheels are definitely not coming off. like coach says "dont ride the emotional rollercoaster". its for chumps like the browns to do that. we have to think 60 minutes of kill...make necessary adjustment... kill....kill...repeat until the final whistle.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
The key is to keep the foot on the gas pedal in today's offensively oriented NFL.

Jooser
09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Well, we just lost to the Bungles, so I guess it just feels like the wheels are coming off... :lol:

pick6
09-27-2009, 08:03 PM
well you have a piont jooser

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 08:05 PM
well you have a piont jooser

my car has 2 tires right now...where did that come from