PDA

View Full Version : Has Tomlin lost his magic?

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Didn't know his downfall would come so soon in the year. Hopefully, he has his eye's on a wildcard spot after another pathetic loss where we let the lesser team just hang around and hang around. Good coaches put the pedal to the floor and put away lesser opponents.

This is becoming all to commonplace under the Tom-Tom regime.

frankthetank1
09-27-2009, 07:20 PM
1-2 following a sb win in his 3rd year. downfall? haha at least wait till mid season :lol:

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Always thought that we'd see how good of a coach he really is after 3 or 4 years. Last year and still to a point this year, most of those players are Cowhers players.....

:tt1

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
1-2 following a sb win in his 3rd year. downfall? haha at least wait till mid season :lol:

Thank god we didn't extend him already.

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
i think the coaching staff will have some VANILLA ice cream tonight

steelz09
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM

Agreed - While I think Tomlin is overall a smart guy, I will never understand why we never fired Arians and picked up Cam Cameron when he was available. I will never understand why he allowed this pathetic play calling today to continue to exist.

That is on the coaches. Period! Not the players. The Bengals should have never been in this game. These are the type of loses that are unacceptable.

Jooser
09-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Well, now we'll see how Mike responds to adversity-as he likes to say about his players. This is where he'll earn his money, by cleaning up this mess that is now the Pittsburgh Steelers. (no janitor pun intended)

steelsnis
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
You guys have got to be kidding...

Every win is only because it's "still Cowher's team" (which is insane in its own right) but every loss is on Tomlin??? Ridiculous.

This was an awful, awful loss but it stands on it's own. Sweed's TD drop and the inability to score from the Red Zone killed us today. Not to mention the Defense giving up yet another full-field drive to win the game.

Tomlin is the head coach so he will take the blame, but he's not on the field dropping passes or giving up 70-yard drives to lose the game.

uggh, why do i even log on to this board after a loss when I know the d-bags will be out in full-effect.

Jigawatts
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
First he was a janitor, now he's a magician?

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM

Every win is only because it's "still Cowher's team" (which is insane in its own right) but every loss is on Tomlin??? Ridiculous.

This was an awful, awful loss but it stands on it's own. Sweed's TD drop and the inability to score from the Red Zone killed us today. Not to mention the Defense giving up yet another full-field drive to win the game.

Tomlin is the head coach so he will take the blame, but he's not on the field dropping passes or giving up 70-yard drives to lose the game.

uggh, why do i even log on to this board after a loss when I know the d-bags will be out in full-effect.

Just keep in mind not everyone falls into that category. Some people wait, lurk and then strike when something goes wrong. When things go right they are nowhere to be found because it doesn't fit their agenda.

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM

Agreed - While I think Tomlin is overall a smart guy, I will never understand why we never fired Arians and picked up Cam Cameron when he was available. I will never understand why he allowed this pathetic play calling today to continue to exist.

That is on the coaches. Period! Not the players. The Bengals should have never been in this game. These are the type of loses that are unacceptable.

400+ yards of offense today. Boy wonder Tomlin will say at his presser that the offense did some good things today which resulted in 400+ yards. He likes to look at the glass as half full then half empty. He really needs to be saying how in the world do we rack up 400+ yards, let a team hang around and we still lose the game?

I am convinced boy wonder doesn't have the nuggets to fire Arians or make a change. We will leave that up to the good coaches who aren't afraid to fire someone off their staff. He'd rather just write up those pointless "grades" and "reports" on how to make things better and hand them out.

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 07:48 PM

Yo! phuckface. You must have me confused with the person that actually called him a janitor. Get the facts right before coming after me.

Jooser
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
who's a d-bag?

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM

Just keep in mind not everyone falls into that category. Some people wait, lurk and then strike when something goes wrong. When things go right they are nowhere to be found because it doesn't fit their agenda.

I've been saying Tomlin's been out of his league since he got the job. Now it's time to coach and he is nowhee to be found. Some of us don't walk around with our rose colored glasses like yourself and say it like it is.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Tomlin hasn't lost his magic. Our players aren't making plays. Drops by Holmes and Sweed cost us today. Our defense isn't getting pressure on the QB. Reed left points out on the field for a second consecutive week.

We will recover and rip off a nice winning streak. Wallace is emerging.

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2009, 07:52 PM
It is really ______ that some Steelers fans like to bask in their negative agendas after a loss.

Tomlin helped to bring this franchise two successful season. This season is far from over. He will get an extension regardless of what happens this season.

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Tomlin hasn't lost his magic. Our players aren't making plays. Drops by Holmes and Sweed cost us today. Our defense isn't getting pressure on the QB. Reed left points out on the field for a second consecutive week.

There are always positives after a loss. Wallace is a player that other teams will notice.

True Fan
09-27-2009, 07:55 PM
well, at least he looked cool with his shades on :roll: those must be to hide the deer-in-the-headlights look

Jigawatts
09-27-2009, 07:55 PM

Yo! phuckface. You must have me confused with the person that actually called him a janitor. Get the facts right before coming after me.

I can't remember who it was that called him a janitor, but I know it wasn't you.

Tell those knife juggling squirrels in your head to take a time out so you stop and
think about it for a minute.

Did you figure it out yet?

That's right, it was a joke. Some harmless ribbing.

But, phuckface? :loser

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM

There are always positives after a loss. Wallace is a player that other teams will notice.

Yes there are. Ben looked good yet again, early in the game the O line opened some holes for Parker, Parker ran well when he had some blocking and Wallace really stepped up his game.

Defensively, even without Troy, we were aggressive and successful early in the game.

Jooser
09-27-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't think you're a phuckface Jiga. I think you're A-OK.

Jigawatts
09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't think you're a phuckface Jiga. I think you're A-OK.

Hey, thanks.

http://web.mit.edu/ryangray/Public/Gnus/thumbs_up.jpg

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I think you're OK too. Some of these remarks are unwarranted.

Jigawatts
09-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Jigawatts - 2
LVG - 0

Take that poopy pants.

fordfixer
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM

Jigawatts - 2
LVG - 0

Take that poopy pants.

Can't we all just get along? :lol:

Jigawatts
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Jigawatts - 2
LVG - 0

Take that poopy pants.

Not today Rodney. :wink:

fordfixer
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM

Jigawatts - 2
LVG - 0

Take that poopy pants.

Not today Rodney. :wink:

Now thats not nice :shock: :lol:

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":3gfgokyi]Tomlin hasn't lost his magic. Our players aren't making plays. Drops by Holmes and Sweed cost us today. Our defense isn't getting pressure on the QB. Reed left points out on the field for a second consecutive week.

Yes there are. Ben looked good yet again, early in the game the O line opened some holes for Parker, Parker ran well when he had some blocking and Wallace really stepped up his game.

Defensively, even without Troy, we were aggressive and successful early in the game.[/quote:3gfgokyi]

Woo Hoo! At least we can hang our hats on the fact that we have the same record as the Lions.

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM

Jigawatts - 2
LVG - 0

Take that poopy pants.

I wish that was our record. Then we may have a shot at the playoffs after all.

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM
It's only September.

SteelCrazy
09-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Some of Tomlin's comments following the game:

“We have some work to do,” said coach Mike Tomlin “We have to finish football games better. That is the mark of a champion. It is not us at this point. We have to continue to grow. We have to accept responsibility for our actions, get back in the lab and turn over whatever stones possible to find a winning formula to get in the locker room victorious when we are in control of football games. That is the reality of it. We won’t run away from that, we acknowledge that. We accept responsibility for what happened.”

Flasteel
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Didn't know his downfall would come so soon in the year. Hopefully, he has his eye's on a wildcard spot after another pathetic loss where we let the lesser team just hang around and hang around. Good coaches put the pedal to the floor and put away lesser opponents.

This is becoming all to commonplace under the Tom-Tom regime.

The sad thing is no matter how upset you might be over this loss, a not-so-small part of you is happy. How predictable that you would come on here immediately after a loss and start spewing your never-ending agenda against Tomlin. It's like you've been lying in the grass for the past year, just waiting for your moment to strike.

I do agree that Tomlin is ultimately responsible for who he surrounds himself with, but as much as I've hated on Arians, I admit that there hasn't really been an opportune time to let him go...especially with Ben begging for him to stay. I really hope that we don't have to go in the tank for Arians to be removed. I'll even take him as my OC, if we don't have the letdowns in these other areas which make us susceptible to having a mediocre offense.

I am not trying to wash away any of my disgust with the dropped balls or lack of a pass rush, but Arians should be under the gun for getting more out of his offensive talent.

There. I guess I've changed your Tomlin hate-fest into my own Arians hate-a-thon.

Maybe I should rag on myself for coming on here after a loss and promoting my own hate-filled agenda.

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Some of Tomlin's comments following the game:

“We have some work to do,” said coach Mike Tomlin “We have to finish football games better. That is the mark of a champion. It is not us at this point. We have to continue to grow. We have to accept responsibility for our actions, get back in the lab and turn over whatever stones possible to find a winning formula to get in the locker room victorious when we are in control of football games. That is the reality of it. We won’t run away from that, we acknowledge that. We accept responsibility for what happened.”

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. Did you expect anything else from Tomlin? When he sacks up and fires Arains then it may speak volumes to what kind of coach he is.

ramblinjim
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
i tend to be one of those guys that yells at the TV set and says things like "well the season is over now" three games into the season. It's irrational and stupid but I like to yell for five minutes after we lose to the Bengals. Ugh.

The Steelers have a lot of work to do. Baltimore looks like a contender, we do not. Accordingly, we just lost to a team that hasn't beaten us in awhile. They may have not been the better team on paper today but in the end the score board is all that matters.

But let's get some perspetive:
- We are three games into the season and some of the problems that we have seen can get worked out.
- We have a Superbowl winning coach, a hall of fame D-Coordinator, one of the best quarterbacks in the game and an O-Coordinator that said quarterback has a lot of confidence in. Some benefit of the doubt is necessary.

For the Tomlin haters: Really? Last year must have really sucked for you huh? He's a terrible coach. Just an idiot. Get real.

Arians and Ben have some good chemistry together. The O looked better today against a pretty good "D" in Cincinatti. Our O-line played better, let's see if we can get some things ot come together.

Dick Lebeau gets the benefit of the doubt, our D failed to stop a team with no time left two weeks in a row. I believe the hall of fame D-Coordinator and the reams of talent that we have on that side of the ball will come together and tighten up.

As for hating on the coach, it just shows what you are made of. Hey, I yelled at my tv set too but I'm not going to go out and spout a bunch of venom because the coaches all suck. I know better; and so should others. :HeadBanger :Hater

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I know people keep talking about the Rats looking like a contender. Let's put that into perspective. 2 or their 3 wins came against 2 of the worst teams in the league. And I'm not convinced that SD is a top tiered team as well.

Their Defense may have had a good day today, but in reality, they got shredded last weekend and KC put 27-28 points on them too. Yikes.

I'll worry about the Rats in November/ December when we play them. Not now.

LasVegasGuy
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I know people keep talking about the Rats looking like a contender. Let's put that into perspective. 2 or their 3 wins came against 2 of the worst teams in the league. And I'm not convinced that SD is a top tiered team as well.

Their Defense may have had a good day today, but in reality, they got shredded last weekend and KC put 27-28 points on them too. Yikes.

I'll worry about the Rats in November/ December when we play them. Not now.

Maybe we should worry about the bungholes we lost to them today? You have to catch #2 before you set your sights on #1. A little Tomlinisms for you guys. :lol: :lol:

costanza2k1
09-27-2009, 09:49 PM

Differing opinions are very welcome but to sling names is not. Let's keep it civil.

feltdizz
09-27-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm done with Vegas guy...

something is wrong when a loss makes a guy happier then a win..

he is not a Steeler fan.. where was he after the SB win? Nowhere..

LasVegasGuy
09-28-2009, 12:14 AM

Don't leave me, Felt. I need to get some sleep tonight. Don't blame me because I didn't have the same lovefest you guys had with Tomlin and the staff he assembled. I knew he inherited a Super Bowl team and a legend for a defensive coordinator it was only a matter of time when he hit adversity and so far he is failing miserably.

This week should be filled with alot of Tomlinisms and coach speak. What happened to him watching the Patriots tapes and realizing they are who they are because they know how to put teams away. Did he forget all this when he hit the field.

feltdizz
09-28-2009, 12:22 AM

Don't leave me, Felt. I need to get some sleep tonight. Don't blame me because I didn't have the same lovefest you guys had with Tomlin and the staff he assembled. I knew he inherited a Super Bowl team and a legend for a defensive coordinator it was only a matter of time when he hit adversity and so far he is failing miserably.

This week should be filled with alot of Tomlinisms and coach speak. What happened to him watching the Patriots tapes and realizing they are who they are because they know how to put teams away. Did he forget all this when he hit the field.

lol!!! I'll never leave you.. (pause)

I'm getting tired of the Tomlin bull myself but I gave him credit when it was due....

I agree though... something stinks. Who the fugh is David Johnson and why isn't Russell on the field? Sure seems like Tomlin is giving players rewards based on superficial bullsh#t.

and LeBeau is only a legend when the game isn't on the line.. dude goes soft when it's under 2 minutes..

LasVegasGuy
09-28-2009, 12:28 AM

I'm getting tired of the Tomlin bull myself but I gave him credit when it was due....

I agree though... something stinks. Who the fugh is David Johnson and why isn't Russell on the field? Sure seems like Tomlin is giving players rewards based on superficial bullsh#t.

and LeBeau is only a legend when the game isn't on the line.. dude goes soft when it's under 2 minutes..

These are the exact things that frustrate me. No way, no how should Arians have kept his job even after winning the Super Bowl. He is an absolute cancer for our offense. Now we have to waste a year because he will not get fired during the season. I blame Tomlin for not seeing the writing on the wall last year.

Djfan
09-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Wow. That's all.

Wow.

kennyes
09-28-2009, 12:37 AM

I've been saying Tomlin's been out of his league since he got the job. Now it's time to coach and he is nowhee to be found. Some of us don't walk around with our rose colored glasses like yourself and say it like it is.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM

These are the exact things that frustrate me. No way, no how should Arians have kept his job even after winning the Super Bowl. He is an absolute cancer for our offense. Now we have to waste a year because he will not get fired during the season. I blame Tomlin for not seeing the writing on the wall last year.

Tomlin should have taken note from God's gift to coaching Ken Whisenhunt, who had the cojones to can a coordinator, Clancy Pendergast, after the Super Bowl.

Wait...the Cardinals have the same record as the Lions now too? D@mnit!!!!

:lol: