PDA

View Full Version : Over 8 minutes on the clock, only a 5 point lead

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM
and Arians thinks it is time to chew clock.

:wft

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 06:49 PM
run, run, pass
run, run, pass
run, run, sack

punt and give them the ball back with a lot of time with only a 5 point lead.

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
run, run, pass
run, run, pass
run, run, sack

punt and give them the ball back with a lot of time with only a 5 point lead.

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Should they had pass, run, pass? or pass, pass, pass? or run, pass, run? The combination of plays called is really never an issue. It's better to look at how the players executed the plays that were called.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Burgh, we don't have a POWER running game anymore. The Bengals knew we were running the ball and stacked the LOS to stop it.

You have GOT to mix it up there. This "the players are the only ones responsible" stance of yours is BS.

pfelix73
09-27-2009, 07:20 PM
It does matter how you call the plays. I agree with stlrzd. They knew they had to score in that situation- at least a FG to put the game away. You do what you were doing in the 1st half, not change things up.... BA just totally suks.

We won last year in spite of him.

:tt1

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Burgh, we don't have a POWER running game anymore. The Bengals knew we were running the ball and stacked the LOS to stop it.

You have GOT to mix it up there. This "the players are the only ones responsible" stance of yours is BS.

The Steelers knew the Bengals had to throw the ball. They got out executed. I did not say the players are the only ones responsible. I said it was a team loss. I do take the stance that 85% of what happens is on the players.

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
85% is way too much blame. The coaches need to call a game based on what is happening at the time, as well as considering all the circumstances.

At the time Arians went to turtle ball and LeBeau went to a soft zone with a 4 man pass rush we only had a 5 point lead with a lot of time left on the clock.