What a great find!

Steelgal
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
I agree, now get to the chat room :Cheers

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I agree, now get to the chat room :Cheers

:nono

Nope. I'm enjoying the games too much to go in there.

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
What a great find!

I agree, might have gotten a steal. When the light really goes on for him, he might be a really good WR.

If Sweed can get his act together, the WR corps should be in good hands post Hines.

drprwnap
09-27-2009, 07:55 PM
What a great find!

I agree, might have gotten a steal. When the light really goes on for him, he might be a really good WR.

If Sweed can get his act together, the WR corps should be in good hands post Hines.

That will never happen.

JTP53609
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
i love wallace's attitude, gets up and walks to the huddle, on that long reception he was not jumping up and down, rather he was pissed bc he could not finish the last 5 yds upfield for a TD...take a note from a rookie santonio...thats how you become great, humbleness.....

AngryAsian
09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
This guy is the heir apparent to Ward.... not Holmes. This guy just fits the organization.

stlrz d
09-28-2009, 08:28 AM
He doesn't showboat, he didn't celebrate his first ever 100 yard game and he said he is to blame for not getting the TD on that long pass. Also, he'll play deep threat AND possession receiver willingly...this guy is a Steeler through and through!

I imagine we'll be seeing some 17 jerseys in the stands real soon.

RussBII
09-28-2009, 09:00 AM
He doesn't showboat, he didn't celebrate his first ever 100 yard game and he said he is to blame for not getting the TD on that long pass. Also, he'll play deep threat AND possession receiver willingly...this guy is a Steeler through and through!

What was up with that? Did he just lose his balance, or his bearings? Was the ball the that close to the sideline?

Different game if we get 7 on that drive.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 09:16 AM

I'll have to dust off my authentic Gardocki model. :lol:

stlrz d
09-28-2009, 09:25 AM

What was up with that? Did he just lose his balance, or his bearings? Was the ball the that close to the sideline?

He said his body took him in that direction and that he wasn't really aware of where he was on the field...and that he's got to get better at that.

RussBII
09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2pugge7m]He doesn't showboat, he didn't celebrate his first ever 100 yard game and he said he is to blame for not getting the TD on that long pass. Also, he'll play deep threat AND possession receiver willingly...this guy is a Steeler through and through!

He said his body took him in that direction and that he wasn't really aware of where he was on the field...and that he's got to get better at that.[/quote:2pugge7m]

Fair enough, still... Hate to put our O in an opportunity to waste a nice play like that.

frankthetank1
09-28-2009, 09:39 AM
i love mike wallace. the guy has been amazing. going back to the preseason i havent seen him drop one pass so far this season. he seems to run very good routes and his speed is unstopable. every game he beats a db badly, weather he gets a good deep pass to catch is another story, but this guy is a serious threat. sweed should take notes from wallace on how to play the position. its going to be pretty sweet to watch holmes and wallace opposite each other in the future.

NorthCoast
09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
On another note, is Holmes getting into one of his funks like he did in '07? Remember that stretch of games where Ben had INTs and it always seemed to be on plays that involved Holmes? Plus Holmes has been non-existent for long stretches in games this season. Maybe he is being doubled, I don't know.

SidSmythe
09-28-2009, 11:05 AM
On another note, is Holmes getting into one of his funks like he did in '07? Remember that stretch of games where Ben had INTs and it always seemed to be on plays that involved Holmes? Plus Holmes has been non-existent for long stretches in games this season. Maybe he is being doubled, I don't know.

Holmes had 9 catches in the first game, and 5 vs. Chicago (w/ 3 drops). yesterday I believe the Bungals gave him a lot of attention which allowed Wallace to have a big game. He's gotta focus on catching the ball with the passion he had in the SuperBowl ... after the first game I thought we had an emerging star in the league, but you just can't habitually drop balls like this.

LasVegasGuy
09-28-2009, 11:30 AM
What a great find!

Ranks up there with Sweed and Mendenhall. Can't remember the last time Cowher bombed on the first 2 rounds.

stlrz d
09-28-2009, 01:38 PM
What a great find!

Ranks up there with Sweed and Mendenhall. Can't remember the last time Cowher bombed on the first 2 rounds.

WTF are you talking about? Wallace was a great pick.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2009, 01:56 PM
What a great find!

I'll take Troy Edwards and Scott Shields for $100, Alex.

frankthetank1
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
if it was up too cowher the steelers wouldnt of drafted ben. yea cowher was a genius and was much better than tomlin :roll:

Slapstick
09-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Wallace is turning into a good WR...he is becoming the offensive factor that teams cannot account for...