PDA

View Full Version : Suppose you HAD to trade Ben straight up for another QB...

snarky
09-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Had an interesting conversation with a friend on FB this week. He's a Cowboys fan and he has hated Romo for a few years now. But we also got to talking about Ben and we both agreed that when you combine current skill with age and potential, there's not a better QB to have right now. Brady is still good but I personally don't think he will be in the league much longer.

This guy said, if he had to trade Ben he would want somebody like Sanchez or Ryan. I know they are young but I tend to agree. I finally decided that my final two would be Ryan and Rivers (even though I can't stand the guy). And I would probably take Ryan.

Anyway, was interested to know what others would say to this.

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Eli might make the list also.

Mel Blount's G
09-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I'd have to go w/ Ryan or Sanchez I think. Actually, Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be out of the question for me either.

Not Rivers. I think he is over hyped. He has never proved he can carry his team during high pressure situations, when it really counts. Of course, these other guys haven't either but Rivers' big mouth tips the scale towards these other guys for me (that, and they have a few more years of youth). And Rivers' has had a very good o-line, a trio of very good receivers/te (chambers, jackson, gates) and arguably the best receiving rb in the league so he has no excuses as far as his supporting cast. The only thing not in his favor is he has had a head coach who should never have been anything more than an OC. Norv has no business being a head coach imo but then I'm happy he is at he helm of one of our AFC competitors.

flippy
09-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Flacco

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Rivers. I don't like his trash talking, but he's tough, he's got heart and he's a competitor. And he can make all the throws.

Scarletfire1970
09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
That would be my worst nightmare, trading Ben. But if I had to, give me Ryan. I can't stand Rivers and Eli and Flacco show no emotion. I don't like that either.

Discipline of Steel
09-27-2009, 03:23 PM
I dont like any of them over Ben and wouldnt do it. :Steel