PDA

View Full Version : **SHIVERS** Be Careful Hines

Jooser
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
:roll:

Can you believe this crap? Are they on the Bens gals' band wagon or what? I bet Hines is chopping at the bit!

1. Be careful, Hines Ward

Ward is a great competitor and has his name attached to an NFL rule. A wide receiver can no longer turn back and block a defender who is blind to the block coming. Last year, Ward knocked Keith Rivers of the Bengals out for the season and he claims he will block the same way again this year. He better watch out, because the league is watching and Rivers' Bengals teammates will be looking for him. :shock: Ward is one tough football player, but so are the Bengals defenders. :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep your eye on this battle this weekend.

courtesy of NFL.com BTW

Jom112
09-25-2009, 08:34 PM
People are really trying to make something out of nothing. Rivers has said countless times it's in the past and he's just trying to play football.

Maualuga when asked about it said the following:

"If he has the ball, I'll tackle him. I'm not going out of my way to hit him for something that he did that was right. Just blocking for one of his players," Maualuga said. "I'm just going to continue to do what I do. If he has the ball, I'll just try to get it from him."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/B ... fb46abff23 (http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Balance-of-North-power-/62a9b411-54a6-455b-80dd-a7fb46abff23)

The media is really trying to make this into a story. Yeah, we have some hard hitters now, but no one is hunting for Ward...

RuthlessBurgher
09-25-2009, 11:18 PM
They say that a wide receiver can no longer turn back and block a defender who is blind to the block coming, but that is not a case. Ward can still deliver a blindside crackback block legally. The "Hines Ward" blocking rule makes illegal a blindside block if it comes from the blocker's helmet, forearm or shoulder and lands to the head or neck area of the defender.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Hate to say this but.........

It looks like the Bengals are finally starting to draft some mature players.

Rivers missed most of his rookie season and is downplaying it.

Maualuga is a rook and seems to be focused on winning the game, not exacting revenge.

"If he has the ball, I'll tackle him. I'm not going out of my way to hit him for something that he did that was right. Just blocking for one of his players,"

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2009, 12:22 AM

Maualuga is a rook and seems to be focused on winning the game, not exacting revenge.

"If he has the ball, I'll tackle him. I'm not going out of my way to hit him for something that he did that was right. Just blocking for one of his players,"

Why would Maualuga want revenge, though? He wasn't a Bengal last year when this happened. He played Washington State that weekend.

Jom112
09-26-2009, 12:24 AM

Maualuga and Laurinaitis are proving a lot of scouts wrong. I'm glad teams passed on Rey and he dropped to us...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-26-2009, 12:46 AM

Why would Maualuga want revenge, though? He wasn't a Bengal last year when this happened. He played Washington State that weekend.

Why? Because he is a Bengal, and the inmates usually run that asylum. In years past I'd expect every member of that team - rookie or not - to be talking revenge. It has been the culture of that locker room for so long that thinking about winning a game took a back seat to talking about how great they are and what they are going to do to you, and what kind of dances you will see on Sunday.

You still have that Johnson guy yapping like an idiot with his mangled name and revenge list. However, nobody else is following his lead. Players are talking about playing football and it is the USC kids leading the way.

stlrz d
09-26-2009, 07:21 AM

When I played it didn't matter if you were on the team when something happened...you're part of a team. You take the team attitude. Hines got one of their guys and I guarantee you their team mentality is that they want to get him (cleanly) too. That's how it works man.

What they say publicly and how they feel privately are two different things. There may be a few guys who want to get Hines in any way possible, but every team has guys like that. See Flozell (sp?) Adams for an example of that.

They want to get Hines and I don't blame them. Just like I'm sure our guys want to get rayray for what he did to Mendy...even though it was clean. That's just the mentality. You got us and now we wanna get you.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2009, 10:15 AM

[quote]"If he has the ball, I'll tackle him. I'm not going out of my way to hit him for something that he did that was right. Just blocking for one of his players,"

When I played it didn't matter if you were on the team when something happened...you're part of a team. You take the team attitude. Hines got one of their guys and I guarantee you their team mentality is that they want to get him (cleanly) too. That's how it works man.

What they say publicly and how they feel privately are two different things. There may be a few guys who want to get Hines in any way possible, but every team has guys like that. See Flozell (sp?) Adams for an example of that.

They want to get Hines and I don't blame them. Just like I'm sure our guys want to get rayray for what he did to Mendy...even though it was clean. That's just the mentality. You got us and now we wanna get you.[/quote:2bgcdmuq]

What would happen if the Bengals signed a player this year who played for the Steelers last year (for example, I believe they signed Gary Russell after we let him go, but I don't think he lasted there very long, though). Hypothetically, if you were Hines' teammate last year when it happened, but are Rivers' teammate this year for the rematch, would you be out for revenge as well? Just a thought...

stlrz d
09-26-2009, 10:58 AM
There are exceptions to every rule. For example, what if a former Steeler didn't like Hines and decided to get him? Or what if the guy thought it would be a good way to ingratiate him to his new teammates?

spyboots
09-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Sure, but other teams (and their fans) would LOVE to have Hines on their team.

Jooser
09-26-2009, 03:05 PM

[quote]"If he has the ball, I'll tackle him. I'm not going out of my way to hit him for something that he did that was right. Just blocking for one of his players,"

They want to get Hines and I don't blame them. Just like I'm sure our guys want to get rayray for what he did to Mendy...even though it was clean. That's just the mentality. You got us and now we wanna get you.[/quote:ulgeyw4u]

I didn't realize the chess team was close! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfhound45
09-26-2009, 06:15 PM

They want to get Hines and I don't blame them. Just like I'm sure our guys want to get rayray for what he did to Mendy...even though it was clean. That's just the mentality. You got us and now we wanna get you.

I didn't realize the chess team was close! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote:2u0ncsti]

It was the DEBATING TEAM funny guy! :x

:P

Discipline of Steel
09-27-2009, 09:10 AM

Nothing wrong with chess...and many on here are master debaters. :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
[quote="stlrz d":16m18hjk]

Nothing wrong with chess...and many on here are master debaters. :Cheers[/quote:16m18hjk]

And the rest are fishermen.

http://www.marinavallartabusinessdirectory.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/masterbaiterstrademark-logo.jpg