PDA

View Full Version : steelers send in holding tapes...

JTP53609
09-25-2009, 12:42 PM
this may be a very good thing for us...the steelers finally sent the nfl a tape of all the non holding calls on #92

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... rison.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2009/september/25/steelers-stop-holding-harrison.html)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
this may be a very good thing for us...the steelers finally sent the nfl a tape of all the non holding calls on #92

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... rison.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2009/september/25/steelers-stop-holding-harrison.html)

Last game I thought I saw a non-call on Harrison where he was HORSE-COLLARED for goodness sake. I could not believe the LT didn't get flagged for that.

I would bet good money the opposing OCs are telling their LTs to hold Harrison as much as they need to to protect their QB, until they start getting flagged.

It's disgusting.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-25-2009, 12:50 PM
they shouldn't send the tape to the NFL...it will just end up where the patriots cheating tapes went.....they should send the tape to espn or some other sports reporting agency. The NFL is beginning to piss me off with the fines for good hits that are clean, and calling everything in favor of the offense. How about Troy's pass interference call in the first game. Holy crow...that was horrible. I saw Orlando Paces arm draped around Harrison numerous times.

JTP53609
09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
they shouldn't send the tape to the NFL...it will just end up where the patriots cheating tapes went.....they should send the tape to espn or some other sports reporting agency. The NFL is beginning to piss me off with the fines for good hits that are clean, and calling everything in favor of the offense. How about Troy's pass interference call in the first game. Holy crow...that was horrible. I saw Orlando Paces arm draped around Harrison numerous times.

yea the image of this league is not so nice with the pacmans of the league getting chance after chance, but the officiating is getting really bad too, i understand making a mistake, but to constantly be inconsistant is just wrong, harrison is basically held evey play but they than call holding penalties on plays that are not really holding at all...i dont get it, and dont get me started on offensive pass interference never being called, that is an outrage, when the do call it, it is not even a penalty most of the time...

Djfan
09-25-2009, 12:55 PM
It seems that Goodell focuses on non issues a lot, and ignores the issues like this.

I just don't get the direction of the NFL leadership anymore.

phillyesq
09-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Glad to see the Steelers being proactive with this. Harrison has been held game after game -- not only last year, but also in the Jags playoff game the year before.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Have we done this before though, to no avail?

SteelCrazy
09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
It boils down to this: What does the league believe to be the biggest money maker? Scoring offenses. They have changed and ignored rules for this very belief and it is sickening.

What they fail to realize is the Steelers are one of the lowest scoring teams in the NFL, but it has one of the biggest fan bases, if not the biggest. What's their rationale on that?

Djfan
09-25-2009, 02:42 PM
What's their rationale on that?

I admire your willingness to find rationale in all of this.

Sugar
09-25-2009, 03:13 PM
It's cool of the Steelers to do it this way first and not in the media. However, if the league chooses not to respond, then this video information needs to be in the hands of a PR firm who can get full press on it.

JTP53609
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
It's cool of the Steelers to do it this way first and not in the media. However, if the league chooses not to respond, then this video information needs to be in the hands of a PR firm who can get full press on it.
:Agree

stlrz d
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM

The Steelers are too classy to do that.

Scarletfire1970
09-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Maybe that is why pass protection has been better for Ben.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-25-2009, 10:35 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":yvxi1mkg]they shouldn't send the tape to the NFL...it will just end up where the patriots cheating tapes went.....they should send the tape to espn or some other sports reporting agency. The NFL is beginning to piss me off with the fines for good hits that are clean, and calling everything in favor of the offense. How about Troy's pass interference call in the first game. Holy crow...that was horrible. I saw Orlando Paces arm draped around Harrison numerous times.

The Steelers are too classy to do that.[/quote:yvxi1mkg]

Not just too classy, but this would not be what is in the best interest of the game. And the Rooney family will always put that ahead of trying to gain a bit of ground for themselves.

Think back to the spygate affair. The Rooneys were all for the tapes disappearing along with the issue. Even though it would have looked better on the team if they had been cheated out of SB shots, the Rooneys would never want such a negative light shon upon the league.

papillon
09-26-2009, 07:19 AM
What Pace and Roos did to Harrison mostly was push him to the ground and simply lay on top of him. As soon as Harrison gets under their pads and get leverage and they out weigh him by 100 pounds the tackles simply push him to the ground. The NFL officials will tell that Harrison initiates the contact and that the tackle has no choice, but to push him down. What they shouldn't let them do is then lay on top of him and not let him back into the play.

I'd like to see Harrison take a little more upright outside rush, he gets so low to the ground on the edge if he doesn't come clean the tackle can just bury him by falling on him. He'll get it worked out and when he does he may still hang 16 sacks on the quarterbacks this year.

Pappy

Mister Pittsburgh
09-26-2009, 09:52 AM
What Pace and Roos did to Harrison mostly was push him to the ground and simply lay on top of him. As soon as Harrison gets under their pads and get leverage and they out weigh him by 100 pounds the tackles simply push him to the ground. The NFL officials will tell that Harrison initiates the contact and that the tackle has no choice, but to push him down. What they shouldn't let them do is then lay on top of him and not let him back into the play.

I'd like to see Harrison take a little more upright outside rush, he gets so low to the ground on the edge if he doesn't come clean the tackle can just bury him by falling on him. He'll get it worked out and when he does he may still hang 16 sacks on the quarterbacks this year.

Pappy

There were a few instances against Chicago where it looked like an MMA match and Pace had Harrison in the standing rear naked choke.