PDA

View Full Version : Trade FWP

steelerkeylargo
09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
for Larry Johnson........just a thought!!!! :2c

Chucktownsteeler
09-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I would be for it, but doybt the Chiefs would ever make the trade.

Chucktown

JTP53609
09-23-2009, 12:19 PM
i dont think they would take parker and i dont think we take johnson....(i am a penn state guy too) one thing i love about the steelers is they dont sign troubled players, or players that had trouble in the recent past....

aggiebones
09-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Neither team will do this. Parker has zero trade value. Johnson has little. Parker is hobbled and a speed guy. RB is not the Chiefs problem. Niether is signed long term either, so both teams would need to set up contracts before the trade would go through.
If this was Madden '10, its a great trade idea.

Oviedo
09-23-2009, 01:23 PM
I would be for it, but doybt the Chiefs would ever make the trade.

Chucktown

Throw in Issac Redman. He is the next Priest Holmes. That would likely be something no NFL team would pass on :wink:

MeetJoeGreene
09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Despite being a PSU Homer, I am not sure that I would want LJ.

Also, I don't know if he could fit under our cap.

steelerkeylargo
09-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Neither team will do this. Parker has zero trade value. Johnson has little. Parker is hobbled and a speed guy. RB is not the Chiefs problem. Niether is signed long term either, so both teams would need to set up contracts before the trade would go through.

Exactly. Neither is signed long term so there is little risk. Parker will probably be gone after this season anyhow. I am not a fan of L.J.'s past behavior but I think he would relish the chance to play for a winner and a new contract. The risk here is minimal. The reward could be awesome.

frankthetank1
09-23-2009, 05:17 PM

Exactly. Neither is signed long term so there is little risk. Parker will probably be gone after this season anyhow. I am not a fan of L.J.'s past behavior but I think he would relish the chance to play for a winner and a new contract. The risk here is minimal. The reward could be awesome.

i agree the possible reward would be far greater than the risk. it worked for moss and the pats. sometimes a change of scenery and situation makes a huge difference for a player. LJ is a bit of a mental midgit, but at least he isnt a total jerk like moss or T.O.

SteelBucks
09-23-2009, 06:00 PM

i agree the possible reward would be far greater than the risk. it worked for moss and the pats. sometimes a change of scenery and situation makes a huge difference for a player. LJ is a bit of a mental midgit, but at least he isnt a total jerk like moss or T.O.

IMO, he is a total jerk. The guy has been arrested four times since '03 for domestic violence. I'll pass.

SidSmythe
09-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Make sure we wait til after the Bengals game this week to trade him!! :bungalssuck

I'd trade Willie in a heartbeat for a veteran O-Lineman or a performance based draft pick.

1,000 yards gets us a 4th
under 1,000 yards gets us a 6th

frankthetank1
09-24-2009, 07:15 AM

IMO, he is a total jerk. The guy has been arrested four times since '03 for domestic violence. I'll pass.

oh wow i didnt know that. nevermind then, no way i would want LJ on the steelers

proudpittsburgher
09-24-2009, 11:44 AM

oh wow i didnt know that. nevermind then, no way i would want LJ on the steelers

Yea, I was going to say Bettis was considered a "troubled guy" when we got him from the Rams, but I don't think he was that "troubled". I'll pass on LJ.

aggiebones
09-24-2009, 03:14 PM
If you think the Steelers can afford him (which we can't), then wait for him to be a free agent. Trading and signing doesn't help us unless we know he wants to stay.
And KC would laugh at us on the phone if we went to them with this offer. We have drafted Mendenhall for a roll that LJ would fill.

steelerkeylargo
09-24-2009, 05:43 PM
If you think the Steelers can afford him (which we can't), then wait for him to be a free agent. Trading and signing doesn't help us unless we know he wants to stay.
And KC would laugh at us on the phone if we went to them with this offer. We have drafted Mendenhall for a roll that LJ would fill.

I highly doubt they would laugh. They almost cut him. :nono

Shoe
09-24-2009, 08:30 PM
What has traditionally been an elixir of healing for a loss (for the Steelers)? the Bungles
What usually can cure an ailing running game? Answer: the Bungles

If FWP can't get well against them, that's a serious strike against.

BURGH86STEEL
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
What has traditionally been an elixir of healing for a loss (for the Steelers)? the Bungles
What usually can cure an ailing running game? Answer: the Bungles

If FWP can't get well against them, that's a serious strike against.

I hope the team does not go into the game thinking this way.