PDA

View Full Version : People its one game, no time to panic......

Captain Lemming
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
You'll survive. :D

http://i.treehugger.com/files/th_images/jumper.jpg

JTP53609
09-21-2009, 07:42 AM
i agree, but it is sooo hard to get through mondays and tuesdays after a steeler loss, especially when its a game you should of won.....after the first 3 and out and our 92 yd drive with ease, i thought CAKEWALK

Oviedo
09-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I predicted we would lose either to the Titans or the Bears. Not surprised we are 1-1. Not much you can do when your kicker misses two very makeable FGs late in the game.

One thing that is clear is that teams are going to attack us with a short passing attack as long as Troy is out. LeBeau needs to figure that out. The problem was magnified yesterday because our pass rush has been substandard.

This is still a very good team but as yesterday proved the margin of error is very small between success and failure.

The positives:

1. Running game is waking up. Why isn't Mendenhall playing more?
2. The OL held up very well against a very good DL.
3. The run defense is awesome.
4. Sepulveda is a difference maker.

Chachi
09-21-2009, 08:35 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/jqngiw.gif

Ozey74
09-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I agree, no time to panic. It was a out of conference road game in a hostile envirnoment against a good team. Reed is $$ 99% of the time. I'm glad the time he wasn't $$ was an early season out of conference game. Once we get Polamalu back & if we can avoid any other injuries (KNOCK ON WOOD), this team will be hard to beat.

I feel much better about my team, than Pats should feel about their team after 2 games.

Iron Shiek
09-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Good post Ozey.

Gotta keep it in perspective...I was mad at the time...but have accepted the loss pretty well today. It was a tough game that could've gone either way. We weren't on the winning end yesterday, but the team has some things to work on and build on.

JTP53609
09-21-2009, 12:08 PM
out here in rat country, i woke up this morning to the news and the lead story was THE FIRST PLACE BALTIMORE RAVENS grrrrrr, as much as i hate them, say what you want but to hold the chargers out of the endzone after giving up a million yds shows the bend but dont break, i think it is us and them again in the afc...

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
out here in rat country, i woke up this morning to the news and the lead story was THE FIRST PLACE BALTIMORE RAVENS grrrrrr, as much as i hate them, say what you want but to hold the chargers out of the endzone after giving up a million yds shows the bend but dont break, i think it is us and them again in the afc...

I like how the Rooneys will not allow the receptionists in the team offices to answer the phone with a "World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers" greeting, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were mandated starting this morning that all receptionists in the Raven team offices MUST answer the phone with a "First Place Baltimore Ravens" greeting. :lol:

:ratsuck

Northern_Blitz
09-21-2009, 01:09 PM
It's funny because we should be 1-1 with a loss to Ten and a win over Chi.

Last week we were the benificiaries of 2 missed FGs, this week they cost us the game.

Not bad to be 1-1 with two of our hardest games out of the way.

Remaining Schedule:

3 Sep 27 PIT @ CIN
4 Oct 04 SD @ PIT
5 Oct 11 PIT @ DET
6 Oct 18 CLE @ PIT
7 Oct 25 MIN @ PIT
8 Bye
9 Nov 09 PIT @ DEN
10 Nov 15 CIN @ PIT
11 Nov 22 PIT @ KC
12 Nov 29 PIT @ BAL
13 Dec 06 OAK @ PIT
14 Dec 10 PIT @ CLE
15 Dec 20 GB @ PIT
16 Dec 27 BAL @ PIT
17 Jan 03 PIT @ MIA

I think we finish with between 10-3 wins. We need to win in the division. Everything else will take care of itself.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 01:11 PM
It's funny because we should be 1-1 with a loss to Ten and a win over Chi.

Last week we were the benificiaries of 2 missed FGs, this week they cost us the game.

Not bad to be 1-1 with two of our hardest games out of the way.

Remaining Schedule:

3 Sep 27 PIT @ CIN
4 Oct 04 SD @ PIT
5 Oct 11 PIT @ DET
6 Oct 18 CLE @ PIT
7 Oct 25 MIN @ PIT
8 Bye
9 Nov 09 PIT @ DEN
10 Nov 15 CIN @ PIT
11 Nov 22 PIT @ KC
12 Nov 29 PIT @ BAL
13 Dec 06 OAK @ PIT
14 Dec 10 PIT @ CLE
15 Dec 20 GB @ PIT
16 Dec 27 BAL @ PIT
17 Jan 03 PIT @ MIA

I think we finish with between 10-3 wins. We need to win in the division. Everything else will take care of itself.

Anywhere from ten to three wins, eh? That's quite a spread. :wink:

Yeah, I realize that you likely meant 13, but I still think it's funny anyway.

Jigawatts
09-21-2009, 01:22 PM
You're right Maui.

I think I'll cancel those "how to make a noose" classes.

For some reason the class just keeps getting smaller and smaller anyway.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
You're right Maui.

Just stay home and macrame yourself a pair of jean shorts. :lol:

Jigawatts
09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
You're right Maui.

I can weave like a mother effer. :lol:

spyboots
09-21-2009, 02:01 PM
At least this loss is to an NFC team (not a conference or division team).

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
You're right Maui.

You like the movie "Maid in Manhattan".

I saw you make a spinach dip in a loaf of sourdough bread once.

You like Coldplay.

:P

fezziwig
09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Only time will tell if this loss will mean anything. It is a game we should have won. It was a game we allowed them to stick around. It was a game that puts the Ravens ahead of us.

Time will tell if this loss keeps us from the playoffs or homefield advantage, a high seed or to get a week off for the playoffs.
This loss doesn't mean much now but, two weeks into the season and we already trail behind the Ravens.

Kicker failed, Santonio didn't have to be great but catching the ball would have helped. No Troy = not very many blitzes. No defensive line pressure, Ike taylor getting flags thrown as always. Gay doesn't seem to be the guy we hoped for.

Just one game, might not mean anything come the end of the year but, you never know.

ikestops85
09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
You're right Maui.

We aren't talking about hair Jiga. :shock:

:lol: