PDA

View Full Version : Flat!

Zigs
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
....no this isn't a thread about my wife......

I have to say that this was one of the first games I thought the Steelers came out flat and uninspired. They marched down the field and scored and it seemed like they thought they were going to walk all over the Bears. The Steelers seemed flat the rest of the game with no sense of urgency (dropped balls, missed kicks, weak QB pressure, etc...)

Hopefully this game serves as a wake-up call for them. I'm sure Tomlin will be all over them this week.

On a positive note, O-Line looked slighly improved.

JTP53609
09-21-2009, 08:18 AM
i think the o line looked majorly improved.......t carter missed about 2 sure tackles and looked to be carrying a fridge on his back.....i have to agree, we look uninspired after the first qtr, dont know why...

SidSmythe
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
i think the o line looked majorly improved.......t carter missed about 2 sure tackles and looked to be carrying a fridge on his back.....i have to agree, we look uninspired after the first qtr, dont know why...

We need better blocking on the run, but our pass blocking has been much improved.

We did look flat after that first drive ... i feel sorry for the Bungles next week.

SteelerNation1
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Kemo had some great blocks in the run game

buckeyehoppy
09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Kemo had some great blocks in the run game

I think it was Kemo who broke the MM long run open with a nice little pull. They need to pull him out of the LG to support the run on the right...the run game would be noticeably more consistent if Kemo's # was called more often in that role.