PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

drprwnap
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I know many people will blame Reed but this was a TEAM loss. Ben, 'Tone and the defense sucked. How in the hell do you let Jay Cutler beat you? This guy is NOT THAT GOOD.
Ben should have went for the first down instead the incomplete pass to 'Tone with 3 min. left. :HeadBanger
The D could not stop Cutler! :HeadBanger
Reed should have hit ONE of those fg's :HeadBanger
Mendy should have run it in for the TD :HeadBanger
'Tone dropped too many passes :HeadBanger
Ben was off target too many times :HeadBanger

Okay, I feel better now. Bring on the Bungles!

NW Steeler
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Other than Troy's pick in the first game, our D just hasn't looked like it did last year. They are still hitting a ton (btw, Timmons was layin' the wood today), but aren't making any big plays at all. They force a fumble on that last drive but don't recover it. I knew the game was over when that happened.

stlrz d
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Other than Troy's pick in the first game, our D just hasb't looked like it did last year. They are still hitting a ton (btw, Timmons was layin' the wood today), but aren't making any big plays at all. They force a fumble on that last drive but don't recover it. I knew the game was over when that happened.

Me too.

Vindrow
09-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Me, I blame the entire team from the coaches down...that was a pathetic performance out there today.

Wolfhound45
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Did not get to see the second half so I cannot comment on our execution (or lack thereof). However, I can take away one good thing. We lost on the road against an NFC team. If we are going to lose a close one, then that is the game to lose. Not as much of an impact when it comes to AFC tiebreakers. 1-1 and we are moving on to take on the Bungals.

pittpete
09-20-2009, 08:06 PM
I had this game as a loss when the schedule came out so Im not gonna kill myself
but
Ben taking the sack when we were close was bad
Colon is a lazy bag of sh1t and let the DE make the play on Moore during the last drive, knowing the play was going to the other side
Reed is probably thinking why the Steelers didnt extend him and least he knows why now and cant argue it
T.Carter is just average at best
Gay looks lost at CB,constantly running in circles
Steelers on punt return fail to make blocks at the LOS to allow Logan to get any kind of forward burst

grotonsteel
09-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Harrison and Woodley need to step up
No pass rush is exposing our DBs
Steelers FO need to talk contract with Reed now... :wink: :twisted:

SteelBucks
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM

I didn't think Orlando Pace still had it in him. He's the first Tackle in a while to shut down Harrison.

Chadman
09-20-2009, 11:56 PM
You know, if Reed doesn't miss those two kicks, the Steelers win.

So, you know, even playing uninspired, woeful, terrible, rediculously poor football...the Steelers LOST this game, as opposed to the Bears beating them.

Not worried. Not even one little bit.

The last team to go undefeated in the regular season fell short at the end.

Just sayin'....

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 12:46 AM

So, you know, even playing uninspired, woeful, terrible, rediculously poor football...the Steelers LOST this game, as opposed to the Bears beating them.

Just sayin'....

This is what the Titans said last week when they missed 2 FG's (one blocked, but still). They said that they lost the game and gave no credit to the Steelers. Well, I for one will give credit to the Bears, who stepped up their game from week 1 to week 2 in spite of numerous injuries.

jj28west
09-21-2009, 05:47 AM

Just sayin'....

This is what the Titans said last week when they missed 2 FG's (one blocked, but still). They said that they lost the game and gave no credit to the Steelers. Well, I for one will give credit to the Bears, who stepped up their game from week 1 to week 2 in spite of numerous injuries.

Excellent Point. You have to give credit to these guys for sticking around when they were against the odds. It was less than a quarter of football left and we were up by a touchdown and driving. The Bear D looked physically exhausted but they stepped it up when they had to.

Yeah, you can say we beat ourselves with missing the kicks, etc. but the Bears had a good gameplan with the short passing plays to neutralize our LB's.

The "this team sucks, this Defense sucks stuff kills me". In modern rules football if your defense can give up 17 or less points in a game it will (most times) keep you competitive in any game.

frankthetank1
09-21-2009, 07:09 AM
you cant blame ben for taking a chance in the end zone instead of going for the first down. if holmes hadnt dropped that pass you wouldnt blame ben. you can blame ben for taking a bad sack to make reed's first fg more difficult

JTP53609
09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
we need to bring more of a blitz, rushing harrison and or woodley on the edge is getting to predictable, especially when you can get away with holding every play...the sent farrior up the middle a few times and cutler did not know what to do, why run away from that.....
where was heath miller, why did we not use him more, best TE in football and we use him sparingly it seems
holmes needs to catch the ball, period..

Mister Pittsburgh
09-21-2009, 12:28 PM

I didn't think Orlando Pace still had it in him. He's the first Tackle in a while to shut down Harrison.

I think I saw Harrison being held about a half dozen times. Woodley on the other hand.....needs to wake up and get some sacks.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
we need to bring more of a blitz, rushing harrison and or woodley on the edge is getting to predictable, especially when you can get away with holding every play...the sent farrior up the middle a few times and cutler did not know what to do, why run away from that.....
where was heath miller, why did we not use him more, best TE in football and we use him sparingly it seems

Is anyone else surprised after all those drops yesterday that Santonio Holmes leads the NFL in receiving yards right now (214 yards...tied with Steve Smith...the Steve Smith from the Giants, not the Steve Smith from the Panthers)?

JTP53609
09-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Is anyone else surprised after all those drops yesterday that Santonio Holmes leads the NFL in receiving yards right now (214 yards...tied with Steve Smith...the Steve Smith from the Giants, not the Steve Smith from the Panthers)?

shocked, had he caught 2 of the 4 he should of had yesterday than he has 50 more yds on top of the 214.......all i can remember of him right now is on the sidelines at the super bowl pounding his chest saying "thats how you be great" i like him but he needs to make the catch that hits his hands too....

NW Steeler
09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm still steaming today over that loss. But then I think back to the game last year against Philly and how far we looked from being a Super Bowl team at that point. that is why they play 16 games, right? I guess we'll find out this weekend what this team is going to be this year. We need to bitch-slap the Bungles because.....

:bungalssuck