PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football crew: Question

Snatch98
09-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm in a 12 team league. It's points per reception and I'm stuck on who to start as my number 2 back this week. Steven Jackson is already going but I'm stuck between Willie and Ahmad Bradshaw. It pains me to say it but I'm leaning Bradshaw because it's PPR but in the back of my mind I feel Willie will be able to put something together this week because he and the line have something to prove and Urlacher and Pisa Tinowhatever is out as well.

I had Parker in and about 15 mintues ago plugged in Bradshaw. I imagine i'll switch them back and forth another 10 times before game time lol.

Thoughts? It's once again PPR (Points per reception) and Willie has stone hands but he may be able to crack off a few big runs. I'm lost on this one.

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Bradshaw had a dozen carries last week at 5 yards a pop, plus he caught another 3 passes. I'd go Bradshaw. Never let your real-life fandom influence your decisions in fantasy (or else I would not have drafted guys like Brady and Ochocinco).

Snatch98
09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Bradshaw had a dozen carries last week at 5 yards a pop, plus he caught another 3 passes. I'd go Bradshaw. Never let your real-life fandom influence your decisions in fantasy (or else I would not have drafted guys like Brady and Ochocinco).

Yea I totally agree. I usually don't but with the weakened bears defense I still have/had Parker in my mind. I told myself after plugging in Bradshaw 20 minutes ago that I could at least enjoy the game 100% now. Last week I loved getting the win but Parker also killed me by pulling down a embarassing 1.95 points. I almost hate having Steelers for that reason because instead of just rooting for Victory i'm cheering for victory AND wanting certain guys to put up points. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping Bradshaw in espsecially when you consider Danny Ware for the Giants is injured and Dallas got abused on the ground by the Bucs week 1.

stlrz d
09-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Bradshaw's probably the smart play, but I have a difficult time benching a starter for a back up from another team.

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Bradshaw's probably the smart play, but I have a difficult time benching a starter for a back up from another team.

But the Giants are a run-first team (and one that employs an actual real-life fullback...take note Arians) while the Steeler run game could not get out of its own way. Jacobs should split carries with Bradshaw while Parker should split carries with Mendenhall and Moore. I'd rather have a RB2 in a RBBC for a team that is a dominant running team than a RB1 in a RBBC for a team that is struggling to get the run game going at all. The fact that it is a PPR league (and Bradshaw catches passes while Parker does not) is a clincher for me.

stlrz d
09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm just talking in general terms RB. :D