PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Offers Bettis a Job

Jooser
09-18-2009, 11:08 AM
:shock: Bring him back Mike, bring him back!

Tomlin offers Bettis a job
Posted by Mike Florio on September 18, 2009 6:49 AM ET
Earlier this week, we mentioned a recent SI.com column of former Steelers great Jerome Bettis containing a bare-knuckled assessment of the team, and we later compared it to an item he had submitted to Steelers Digest, which conveyed a much softer message.

On Thursday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin appeared on ESPN's Pardon The Interruption. He was asked about the strong words in SI.com from Bettis.

"I don't worry about criticism," Tomlin said. "If those are his observations then I accept those. He's paid to entertain and I'll let him do what he does. If Bussy wants to help us with those issues, let him know I have a helmet and a locker space available."

Tomlin chuckled as he offered the final line, and Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon laughed in response. But maybe it shouldn't have been a joke. "Bussy" is a large man, and he probably could do a better job of blocking for Ben Roethlisberger than either Max Starks or Willie Colon, the two starting tackles.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/oh_snap-1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JTP53609
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
i saw it and i laughed....that would be nice to have him be a coach, but you cant coach how to be 275 lb and run downhilll......

fezziwig
09-18-2009, 12:20 PM
sweet, i would have loved to seen that.

proudpittsburgher
09-18-2009, 12:23 PM
i saw it and i laughed....that would be nice to have him be a coach, but you cant coach how to be 275 lb and run downhilll......

I wouldn't mind him working as a consultant with Mendenhall. Just a thought.

Starlifter
09-18-2009, 12:49 PM
sweet, i would have loved to seen that.

here ya go!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4482958

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Tweet Question of the Year for Mike Tomlin at the end of the PTI clip:

What is it like to wake up every morning and be awesome every day?

:tt2 :tt1

Doogie36
09-18-2009, 03:09 PM
How do you not LOVE THIS GUY????

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!

aggiebones
09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Not sure what the Bus could offer as far as coaching to RBs? General team mentor or leadership training, maybe.
But he was large and nimble. Always was, not from hard training. He was always a bit overweight and he struggled from it at times. Mendenhall does not have any similar skills to Bettis. Bettis fumbled at times too. The things that worked for him, didn't work for Parker when he tried to help him. Different body styles. All fun and games, but Tomlin is correct, he is paid to entertain. His expertise is with the Steelers. He may not know the league well enough to hammer other teams yet, so he wouldn't have a job if not for hammering on the Steelers. I hope he hurries and gets some news cred, so he can get off our jocks. I love the bus, so he has some time to work this out, but he can't just keep bashing the Steelers to make a living.

100$handshake
09-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Bring back Dick Hoak ! Seriously, since he left, the running game has underwhelmed.