PDA

View Full Version : PROUD DAD TIME AGAIN

fordfixer
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
My 13 year old son was just invited to be on the Wyoming State Special Olympics team, to compete in the 2010 National Games in lincoln Nebraska next summer. He will be the first person from Platte County Wy, to ever make the state team. We are very excited for him, as are his team mates from Platte co. :D :D

Discipline of Steel
09-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Sports are a great activity for kids and to go to Nationals is an honor because not many people can say they have competed at that level. I wish your son success and hope he can bring home some hardware! :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2009, 08:49 AM
http://images.zaazu.com/img/clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emoticon-000340-large.gif

MeetJoeGreene
09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
My 13 year old son was just invited to be on the Wyoming State Special Olympics team, to compete in the 2010 National Games in lincoln Nebraska next summer. He will be the first person from Platte County Wy, to ever make the state team. We are very excited for him, as are his team mates from Platte co. :D :D

what event(s) does he do?

JTP53609
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
i wish him lots of success

Djfan
09-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Well done both of you! He may be great, but these kids don't get far with out dad's involvement!!

fordfixer
04-10-2010, 08:39 AM
O.K. heres an update on my son. We are in Casper Wy, this weekend where my son is participating in the Team WY Sport Camp. He is getting to meet the rest of his team mate's and coaches that will represent WY at the 2010 USA National Special Olympic games in Lincoln, NE in late July. He will also get to see what the uniforms will look like , and what events he will be doing. We are verry proud of him. Jacob has his own webpage set up, http://www.firstgiving.com/jacobmckinley, check it out, but please do not feel obligated to help support Jacob. Just thought you might want to see it.

stlrz d
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM
He's $10 closer to his goal. :)

fordfixer
04-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks alot D :tt1

fezziwig
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Great news ! Obviously we don't no each other personally but, you along with others are on this site together and we communicate so I really mean it that I do consider most of you guys better than just some stranger. With having said that, Dang ! I feel proud for both of you and I'm happy for you and your son. Way to go.

fordfixer
04-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Great news ! Obviously we don't no each other personally but, you along with others are on this site together and we communicate so I really mean it that I do consider most of you guys better than just some stranger. With having said that, Dang ! I feel proud for both of you and I'm happy for you and your son. Way to go.

Thanks Fezz

stlrz d
04-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks alot D :tt1

My pleasure!

JAR
04-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Great news Ford. I have a cousin who participates in the Special Olympics every year. It's one of the greatest programs ever. He's again a little closer to his goal.

The best of luck to Jacob!

fordfixer
04-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Great news Ford. I have a cousin who participates in the Special Olympics every year. It's one of the greatest programs ever. He's again a little closer to his goal.

The best of luck to Jacob!
Thanks JAR :tt1

fordfixer
04-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Today Jacob competed in the Regional Special olympics. In standing long jump (gold), 50 meter dash (gold) , soft ball thow (gold) and the 4X100 relay (silver), he also competed in the tennis ball throw (a mistake by his coach) but he won silver in that as well.Tomorrow he plays in 3on 3 basketball.(gold) :tt1 :tt1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Well done both of you! He may be great, but these kids don't get far with out dad's involvement!!

I second DJ's insightful comment - congrats to both of you!

And, wow that's a lot of hardware!!!

flippy
05-03-2010, 02:31 PM

Congrats! I'd be interested in hearing the story about his disability and how he was able to make it and qualify. I'm a big fan of the Special Olympics.

fordfixer
05-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Congrats! I'd be interested in hearing the story about his disability and how he was able to make it and qualify. I'm a big fan of the Special Olympics.

flip- he has been diag with mild Cerebral palsy. He was selected by a drawing of all gold medal winners for the previous year.

flippy
05-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh, that's cool. I didn't know how the selection process works. I bet yinz are pretty excited.

fordfixer
05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh, that's cool. I didn't know how the selection process works. I bet yinz are pretty excited.
That's how it works out here I don't know about other state's, and yes we are very excited :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

fordfixer
05-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Update

Last week was Wy. state Special Olympics. My son once again did well and had a great time, and got to spend a little more time getting to know his team mates for the national games in July :tt1

flippy
05-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Update

Last week was Wy. state Special Olympics. My son once again did well and had a great time, and got to spend a little more time getting to know his team mates for the national games in July :tt1

Best of luck to him in July. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

43Hitman
05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey Ford, congrats on your son's athletic achievements. My Dad actually used to coach the Special Olympics way back when I was just a kid. He used to take me to help him out. It was so much fun being around all of those wonderful people.

fordfixer
05-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey Ford, congrats on your son's athletic achievements. My Dad actually used to coach the Special Olympics way back when I was just a kid. He used to take me to help him out. It was so much fun being around all of those wonderful people.

Thanks It takes special people to coach the Special Olympics. Thanks to you and your dad :tt1 :tt1