PDA

View Full Version : lets all laugh at "americas team"

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM
did not see this posted yet...

http://cbs11tv.com/cowboys/Dallas.Cowbo ... 87593.html (http://cbs11tv.com/cowboys/Dallas.Cowboys.Cowboys.2.1187593.html)

As of 4 p.m. Wednesday, the only people guaranteed to watch this weekend's Dallas Cowboys home opener in North Texas are those with tickets to the game. The game hasn't sold out yet and if it doesn't by 7:15 pm Thursday it will be blacked out to the Dallas/Fort Worth television market.

But, one step the Cowboys took to ensure a sellout isn't sitting well with some season ticket holders.

The Dallas Cowboys have released 1,200 reserved seat tickets for Sunday's game against the New York Giants. Most of those seats are close to PSL's (private seat licenses) which cost the owners $5,000 on top of the price for game tickets.

Many of the seats are close to season ticket holders Tom and Sandra Gipson of Flower Mound. The couple has only missed two Dallas Cowboys home games since 1978. They forked over the $10,000 for their PSL's.

"I don't quite understand why there's tickets available without the PSL's if they are good seats. But I guess with the price they couldn't sell them all," Tom said.

"I know [Jerry Jones] wants to sell out the stadium so everybody can see it at home and I think that's great," explained Sandra. "But it is unfortunate for those of us who bought PSL's to be there, and now there's going to be people offered just the tickets themselves."

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 11:05 AM
my apologies, i should of put this in the "talk around the nfl" forum...

papillon
09-17-2009, 11:38 AM
my apologies, i should of put this in the "talk around the nfl" forum...

It's okay, I can laugh at the Cowboys with it being in the Steeler forum just as easily if you had posted it in the 'talk around the NFL' forum. :P :Clap :Beer

Pappy

anger 82&95
09-17-2009, 11:39 AM
In reality, I used to fear and respect the Cowboys, especially during the 1970s. Now, they are just another sideshow team dominated by modern aesthetic surgeries version of a Stretch Armstrong doll. Maybe stretch and Al should arm-wrestle for the much coveted “asinine owner interference award.”

papillon
09-17-2009, 11:48 AM
In reality, I used to fear and respect the Cowboys, especially during the 1970s. Now, they are just another sideshow team dominated by modern aesthetic surgeries version of a Stretch Armstrong doll. Maybe stretch and Al should arm-wrestle for the much coveted “asinine owner interference award.”

The sideshow comparison is about the best way to describe the Cowboys that I have heard. I feel like I need to buy tickets to the circus and go to the freak show tent to watch the Cowboys and Jerry Jones. His narcissism and ego have created an aura of absurdity around the Cowboys.

Pappy

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 11:50 AM

i would like to see that match, I wonder what would happen first from both of them exerting themselves, jerrys face melting or al davis pooping himself

anger 82&95
09-17-2009, 11:55 AM

i would like to see that match, I wonder what would happen first from both of them exerting themselves, jerrys face melting or al davis pooping himself
Is it just me, or is Al Davis starting to look like the elderly version of Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China?

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2009, 12:04 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":2xpm36gt]In reality, I used to fear and respect the Cowboys, especially during the 1970s. Now, they are just another sideshow team dominated by modern aesthetic surgeries version of a Stretch Armstrong doll. Maybe stretch and Al should arm-wrestle for the much coveted “asinine owner interference award.”

Is it just me, or is Al Davis starting to look like the elderly version of Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China?[/quote:2xpm36gt]

http://www.hotstovenewyork.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/lopan3.jpg http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/12/Picture%204.png

LasVegasGuy
09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
This is why you don't build 100,000 seat arena's. They will have a hard time selling out every game this year and years to come. Way to go Jerry.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-17-2009, 12:08 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":3fhf19wn]In reality, I used to fear and respect the Cowboys, especially during the 1970s. Now, they are just another sideshow team dominated by modern aesthetic surgeries version of a Stretch Armstrong doll. Maybe stretch and Al should arm-wrestle for the much coveted “asinine owner interference award.”

Is it just me, or is Al Davis starting to look like the elderly version of Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China?

http://www.hotstovenewyork.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/lopan3.jpg http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/12/Picture%204.png[/quote:3fhf19wn]

I think he looks more like the crypt keeper.

LasVegasGuy
09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":2hl6wne8]In reality, I used to fear and respect the Cowboys, especially during the 1970s. Now, they are just another sideshow team dominated by modern aesthetic surgeries version of a Stretch Armstrong doll. Maybe stretch and Al should arm-wrestle for the much coveted “asinine owner interference award.”

Is it just me, or is Al Davis starting to look like the elderly version of Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China?[/quote:2hl6wne8]

I'm thinking he is looking more like the Crypt Keeper.

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2008/10/31/al_davis_crypt_keeper_618_2.jpg

Mister Pittsburgh
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
This is why you don't build 100,000 seat arena's. They will have a hard time selling out every game this year and years to come. Way to go Jerry.

I wish the Steelers would of built an additional 5,000 seats and reserved those for a random drawing for people on the waiting list. So each year, if you are on the waiting list, you have a shot at season tickets for that season. They could of also had a small section of that 5,000 held back for 'student rush' type programs like the Pens have.

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2009, 12:11 PM

You'd think that a smart businessman like Jerry Jones (even though as a football mind he is marginal at best and utterly incompetant at worst, you have to admit that he is a smart businessman) would understand the concept of supply and demand. But his massive ego got in the way. He just assumed that people would be falling all over themselves to see his crappy team in the new palace he built to honor himself. Idiot.

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I think he looks more like the crypt keeper.

I've always enjoyed the "Al Davis is a Sea Monster" comparison, myself. :mrgreen:

anger 82&95
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":3qdf8nm1]In reality, I used to fear and respect the Cowboys, especially during the 1970s. Now, they are just another sideshow team dominated by modern aesthetic surgeries version of a Stretch Armstrong doll. Maybe stretch and Al should arm-wrestle for the much coveted “asinine owner interference award.”

I'm thinking he is looking more like the Crypt Keeper.

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2008/10/31/al_davis_crypt_keeper_618_2.jpg[/quote:3qdf8nm1]
Lmao! There is no doubt, he is the crypt keeper. If my daughter sees his hideous mug, she will have nightmares for a week.

pfelix73
09-17-2009, 01:07 PM

I wish the Steelers would of built an additional 5,000 seats and reserved those for a random drawing for people on the waiting list. So each year, if you are on the waiting list, you have a shot at season tickets for that season. They could of also had a small section of that 5,000 held back for 'student rush' type programs like the Pens have.

Great idea. They could've added 10000 just to get us all off the waiting list. I must be getting close.... 1/1996.

:tt1

LasVegasGuy
09-17-2009, 02:08 PM

Great idea. They could've added 10000 just to get us all off the waiting list. I must be getting close.... 1/1996.

I would say you are probably up next year or the year after.

papillon
09-17-2009, 02:17 PM

You'd think that a smart businessman like Jerry Jones (even though as a football mind he is marginal at best and utterly incompetant at worst, you have to admit that he is a smart businessman) would understand the concept of supply and demand. But his massive ego got in the way. He just assumed that people would be falling all over themselves to see his crappy team in the new palace he built to honor himself. Idiot.

That's exactly what I said above, narcissistic ("honor himself") and an ego ("massive ego") larger than Texas itself. :tt2

Pappy

pfelix73
09-17-2009, 10:58 PM

I would say you are probably up next year or the year after.

I hope you are right. :tt1