PDA

View Full Version : Harrison dismisses Bo Scaife's complaint

fordfixer
09-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Harrison dismisses Bo Scaife's complaint

By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 17, 2009
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 43519.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_643519.html)

Bo Scaife took exception to the hit that James Harrison made on him last Thursday, which caused a fumble, and the Tennessee tight end recently called it a dirty play. Harrison's reaction? "I don't give a damn what he said," the Steelers outside linebacker said after practice Wednesday. "If I hit high, I get fined. If I hit him low, I keep money in my pocket." Harrison, who was docked $7,500 by the NFL for driving the quarterback into the ground in the Steelers' first preseason game on Aug. 13, did not get fined for his hit on Scaife.

Harrison may be a captain this season, but don't expect to see him at midfield for any of the pregame coin flips. The 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year skipped the one that preceded the start of the Steelers' game against the Titans as well as the coin toss that decided which team got the ball first in overtime. "We've got three or four other captains that can go out there and do that," Harrison said. "I don't feel the need to go out there." The Steelers have five captains in addition to Harrison.

Steelers cornerback Deshea Townsend returns to the airwaves as he is co-hosting a show with ESPN Radio's Ken Laird every week during the season. The show will air from 6 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday, and it will be broadcast from Doublewide Grille on the South Side. Rotating guests who will join Townsend and Laird include linebacker James Farrior, nose tackle Casey Hampton, defensive end Ziggy Hood and kicker Jeff Reed.

Starting inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons practiced on a limited basis Wednesday in his bid to return from an ankle injury and play in the Steelers' 4:15 p.m. game Sunday against Chicago. Wide receiver Limas Sweed left practice yesterday with a foot injury, but it did not appear to be serious. Strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) was the only Steelers player who didn't practice yesterday because of an injury. Coach Mike Tomlin held several veterans out of practice, including wide receiver Hines Ward, defensive end Aaron Smith and strong safety Tyrone Carter.

Bears starting outside linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa (knee) didn't practice yesterday because of an injury. Also missing practice for Chicago were defensive end Mark Anderson (toe), tight end Desmond Clark (rib), safety Danieal Manning (back) and cornerback Trumaine McBride (knee). Starting defensive tackle Tommie Harris (knee), starting left guard Frank Omiyale (ankle) and starting strong safety Al Afalava (shoulder) were limited in practice because of injuries.

Kicker Jeff Reed learned Wednesday that he had won AFC special teams player of the week honors. Reed kicked two field goals in the Steelers' 13-10 win over the Titans last Thursday. His 33-yard field goal in overtime allowed the Steelers to extend their opening-game winning streak to seven games. Reed has kicked eight game-winning field goals during the regular season over his career.

Digits

9 -- 100-yard rushing games Willie Parker has in the month of September during his career.

15 -- Players on the Steelers roster who are listed at under 6 feet, tying them with the Falcons for the most in the NFL in that category

41 -- Players from LSU and Miami (Fla.) on NFL rosters for the opening weekend of the season, tying them for the most of any school.

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 07:24 AM
how dare james harrison tackle the tight end during a tackle football game, doesnt he know that he is supposed to gently place him on the ground and then help him up, and keyon fox was completely out of line for actually picking up the fumble, he was supposed to pick the ball up and tuck it under bo's arms to make him feel better.....

high sarcasm..