PDA

View Full Version : Short yardage blocking video

Lebsteel
09-16-2009, 08:56 PM
A pretty funny video of our short yardage blocking against the Titans. On a couple of those plays, if our fullback would have made his block we could have had significant yardage.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=7680

stlrz d
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
The first one and 4th one were bad. But the 2nd and 3rd were actually good. The 2nd one Summers blocked his man...but the run went the opposite way. The 3rd one, Bullock came through free so Summers had to do something. With experience he'll figure out he could have probably put his hands on Bullock and shove him down as he goes on to his next block.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 09:37 PM
The first one and 4th one were bad. But the 2nd and 3rd were actually good. The 2nd one Summers blocked his man...but the run went the opposite way. The 3rd one, Bullock came through free so Summers had to do something. With experience he'll figure out he could have probably put his hands on Bullock and shove him down as he goes on to his next block.

I was thinking the same thing while watching it...what was wrong with his block on the 2nd and 3rd play? Then I realized that they gave him the Frank Drebin "Steeeeee-rike One!" on the first play and "Steeeeee-rike Two" on the fourth play. No Naked Gun clips made fun of the 2nd and 3rd plays, though. Makes sense, I guess.

D Rock
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Willie Colon on the 4th run

YIKES!!

at least BA thinks he's the best right tackle in the NFL...

:loser

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
i honestly could not believe the short yardage situation came into play so many times last week, we knew it was a problem all year last year and we get hit with it numerous time last week....we will have this problem alot this year again, but new england got stuffed 2wice on 4th and short yd situations on MNF too, so as much as we think we are the only team that this happens to, we are really not...