PDA

View Full Version : Colon will need a lot of help

pick6
09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Colon will be going against a beast from the Chicago DL. I think his number is 92. He was abusing the packers RT. please Tomlin, send Heath to chip this guy.

Lebsteel
09-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Ogunleye was a beast against the Packers. They may need to triple team him! He is only listed at 260 lbs., but he looked extremely quick. Even more reason to have someone like Johnson active to provide extra blocking. I'd hate to see Summers lunging for him and whiffing. Maybe Johnson and Colon could keep Ogunleye quiet.

Iron Shiek
09-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah Ogunleye is a monster. Hopefully we contain him a bit.

Speaking of Colon, all I ever hear on radio shows on Sirius is how bright of a future Colon has. I have to be honest, I'm not an OL connosseur (sp?) and don't know all the nuances of protection. But I do know Colon takes a lot of flack from many of us here, perhaps deserving perhaps not. But Peter King was just raving on this morning about how Colon is an emerging star for us. I don't take everything these talking heads say for gospel, but can someone please tell me is he going a bit overboard for his man love for Colon?? I thought he was...

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Man Love for Colon??

Boy, that sounds ghey. Our right tackle has the wrong name to use that term. They really shouldn't use his last name for that.

Man Love for Willie??

D@mn...not much better. Still awfully ghey. :HeadBanger :lol:

papillon
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Ogunleye was awesome pass rushing, but, the Packers had success running the football at him. He seemed very easy to seal inside to get the RB to the outside. Ryan Grant had some real nice runs to the right.

Pappy

Shoe
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
1) Ogunleye definitely can play, but you all are making him out to be Reggie White. The guy is in his 30's, and my guess is that he has zero Pro Bowls to his credit.

2) That being said, he does pose a challenge. He is very rangy. And we know: Colon blows

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
im looking at the fact that he did not lineup in the wrong spot costing us a 5 yd illegal formation last way to go willie...

Oviedo
09-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Quick passes will take the pressure off the OL and minimize the effect of the Bears pass rush. If Ben insists on taking 5 step drops and holding the ball for 5+ seconds it will be a long day.

phillyesq
09-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah Ogunleye is a monster. Hopefully we contain him a bit.

Speaking of Colon, all I ever hear on radio shows on Sirius is how bright of a future Colon has. I have to be honest, I'm not an OL connosseur (sp?) and don't know all the nuances of protection. But I do know Colon takes a lot of flack from many of us here, perhaps deserving perhaps not. But Peter King was just raving on this morning about how Colon is an emerging star for us. I don't take everything these talking heads say for gospel, but can someone please tell me is he going a bit overboard for his man love for Colon?? I thought he was...

I'm certainly no OLINE guru either, but to my untrained eye, Colon has looked much better this year. I think that he was the Steelers best OLineman against TN (not saying much), and he certainly seems to have improved from last year. If he can continue to eliminate the weekly false starts, he could be at least league average at RT, if not above average. I'm not quite sure that I see him as an emerging star, but he seems to be improving.

RKSteel
09-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Quick passes will take the pressure off the OL and minimize the effect of the Bears pass rush. If Ben insists on taking 5 step drops and holding the ball for 5+ seconds it will be a long day.
Exactly, if you are Ben and you see an 8 man front do you:

a) Take a 5 step drop and run around like a chicken with no head cause you are a crazy gunslinger, or

b) Take 1-2 steps, hit Tone on a quick slant cause he is getting a 10 yd cushion, or

c) Run BA's play, Kemo pulling, tripping over his feet and Parker practicing for Dancing w/ the Stars, in the backfield instead of hitting the hole