PDA

View Full Version : Troy out = dissapointment and loss for ALL NFL fans!

Mel Blount's G
09-16-2009, 06:15 PM
It has occured to me that losing Troy P. to injuries will hurt the league in the way that it would if Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson or Larry Fitzgerald went down: These are the most entertaining players in the league that casual football fans turn on games to watch. Highlight reel players that bring excitement to the game and bring in new fans. Troy P. is one of these. The guy has made enough freakish one handed diving catches and tackles to prove to even the biggest skeptics that he is one of the most, if not THEE most, incredible and exciting atheletes in the NFL, be it offense or defense. It's not just us Steeler fans who miss Troy but fans all over the world who love to see great plays. From the 8 year old kid who imagines himself scooping a ball off he ground with 1 finger to a 70 year old high school defensive coordinator who studies the game to all points in between. When any degree of football fan has watched the Steeler D take the field (aside from straight out haters) they harness a hope in the back of their minds that Troy Polamalu might fly through the air like superman, knock a receiver down/out, strip the ball from the opponents hands, intercept the ball after completing a full 360 degree body flip and landing on his feet and then zig zag the length of the field like a Tasmainian Devil for a touchdown.

Troy brings fans to the game and I kinda hope the league recognizes this.

D Rock
09-16-2009, 06:43 PM
I read the other day on here somewhere that he is one of the top 5 selling jerseys. That seems to be good evidence that people all over recognize his skills, seeing as how Roethlisberger would appear to be the obvious choice for the Steeler to be in the top of the list for jersey sales.

Chachi
09-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Nah....I hear Ed Reed is better. ;-)

birtikidis
09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
i have a feeling that troy will only miss one game. the media took this MCL sprain and ran with it before there was an official announcement...

spyboots
09-17-2009, 02:03 AM
i have a feeling that troy will only miss one game. the media took this MCL sprain and ran with it before there was an official announcement...

I've love it if you were correct, but didn't Tomlin say 3 to 6 weeks in his press conference?

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2009, 09:04 AM

Don't push to try to get him back before he is ready. They tried getting Timmons back to practice this week, hoping to use him in the Bears game, and he re-tweaked his ankle in his first practice, meaning that he will be out even longer now. The focus should be having these guys good to go for the playoff run. If they have to sit out the entire first half of the season until our bye week to be safe, then so be it.

Jooser
09-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Nah....I hear Ed Reed is better. ;-)

They refer to Troy as the "second best" safety in the league on the Rats' forum. They're out of their minds, Troy is fugging Super Man in cleats!

NC Steeler Fan
09-17-2009, 09:31 AM
When I was coming back from the Steelers/panthers preseason game in Charlotte, NC I stopped at a Walmart in Asheboro which is about equal distance (50-60 miles) between Charlotte and Raleigh.

I'm just tooling around when I happen to be passing the boys clothing area and see a whole rack of Steeler's hoodies. I turn around and there's an entire display of Steelers hats in the men's dept across the aisle. I look up the aisle towards the ladies dressing rooms and there's a rack of women's Steelers jerseys with the away colors for Ben and Troy hanging there.

For a brief moment I thought I was in Latrobe at training camp! No where did I see any Panthers garb, but I'm sure there had to be a display somewhere!

And, it occurred to me then, of course, it's because they won the superbowl and Ben and Troy are "heroes" on this team.

Pretty bitchin'... 8)

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 11:31 AM
the league will miss troy for 3 weeks but luckily the cowboys and patriots and eagles dont have bye weeks during that time, so they will cover 98% of the nfl stories....

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
the league will miss troy for 3 weeks but luckily the cowboys and patriots and eagles dont have bye weeks during that time, so they will cover 98% of the nfl stories....

You forgot the Vikings! Favre gets 24/7 coverage! For shame...

California-Steel
09-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I read the other day on here somewhere that he is one of the top 5 selling jerseys. That seems to be good evidence that people all over recognize his skills, seeing as how Roethlisberger would appear to be the obvious choice for the Steeler to be in the top of the list for jersey sales.
I thought it was because of his hair. :lol:

Jigawatts
09-17-2009, 02:55 PM

MCL's are tricky. You fell absolutely normal running forward and backward, but try
making any lateral movements and you're screwed. No way he only misses one game
unless they just have him run up and down the field all day long without making any
cuts. :lol:

proudpittsburgher
09-17-2009, 03:26 PM

MCL's are tricky. You fell absolutely normal running forward and backward, but try
making any lateral movements and you're screwed. No way he only misses one game
unless they just have him run up and down the field all day long without making any
cuts. :lol:

I would rather he sits out a few weeks and gets absolutely healthy, especially with his balls-to-the-wall playing style. He relies too much on horizontal cuts and I don't want him gone for the year by reagrivating it. Get healthy Troy, the D will learn how to hold the fort without you.

Mel Blount's G
09-17-2009, 04:14 PM
[quote="D Rock":fs612aoq]I read the other day on here somewhere that he is one of the top 5 selling jerseys. That seems to be good evidence that people all over recognize his skills, seeing as how Roethlisberger would appear to be the obvious choice for the Steeler to be in the top of the list for jersey sales.
I thought it was because of his hair. :lol:[/quote:fs612aoq]
We laugh about the hair but the fact is that his hair also makes him unique and adds to the Troy P. mystique. Think about it: Because he more than likely has the longest hair of any NFL player, ever, and plays with that head-salad in full-tilt mode, it makes him known by sight to a lot casual, "part-time" fans (unlike us obsessed zealots of the Planet). Then chuck on his mind boggling plays and you have Troy Polamalu - The Man, The Myth, The Legend