PDA

View Full Version : Timmons re-injures ankle in practice, Sweed hurt too

PSU_dropout43
09-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Timmons re-injures ankle in Steelers practice, Sweed hurt too
by Ed Bouchette

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons returned to practice today for the first time in more than three weeks, then eased off after his left ankle was injured again.

Wide receiver Limas Sweed also left practice with a mid-foot sprain. Their availability for Sunday's game is in question.

Timmons has a high left ankle sprain that was injured in the second preseason game Aug. 22 at Washington. He pulled on his uniform and pads today and joined his teammates for a regular practice, but "tweaked" the left ankle during the afternoon drill.

Sweed and Timmons were listed as having limited participation on the Steelers' official injury report.

Tyrone Carter, who will start for injured strong safety Troy Polamalu, was excused from yesterday's practice for personal reasons. He should rejoin the team Thursday and his status for Sunday's game is not affected.

Veterans Aaron Smith and Hines Ward were held out of practice as normal procedure on Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09259/99 ... z0RIxuzRTb (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09259/998584-100.stm#ixzz0RIxuzRTb)

Shoe
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
GD Timmons... quit being a pu$s! :HeadBanger

Shut him down for a month then... little bi+ch. Fox can have his job--and if Fox performs well, let his injury-nursing a$s play nickel again.

aggiebones
09-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Unfamiliar with high ankle sprains are we?

They should have kept him out for a few more weeks frankly.
Build some depth with Fox starting and make sure Timmons is healed for the playoffs.

Guys can play with upper body injuries a bit and contusions and stuff in the legs, but start messing around with ankles for fast guys and you waste players for a whole season.

Starlifter
09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
don't forget when kendrell pushed the recovery on his sprain. he had a monster game in the playoffs against (i believe) cleveland but was never the same again. not sure if that was the reason but clearly his level of play was not the same moving forward. I think Fox is an excellent sub right now. I say let timmons, polamalu rest until the bye. I think with the schedule we have we should be in good shape standings wise. let's have those guys when it counts the most.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Sit him--out of games AND practices--until after the bye.

Mel Blount's G
09-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Damn. We definitely lack a Monster Man with both Troy and Olajuwon out.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Damn. We definitely lack a Monster Man with both Troy and Olajuwon out.

This man disagrees:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/HarrisonGodzilla.jpg

There are still several other Monster Men to choose from on our defense.

steelsnis
09-16-2009, 11:18 PM
It's amazing how different people report on the same events. Bouchette writes that Timmons "reinjures" his ankle. Dale Lolley reports nothing of the sort, and says that

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons was back at practice Wednesday in a limited basis as he further tested his sore ankle, pushing forward toward playing Sunday in Chicago.

He did not, however, work in the team portion of the practice.

So who's right about this??? You wonder if the PG is pushing for the "sensational" angle by saying he reinjured his ankle, when maybe it's just that the ankle is sore from getting the first on-field action in a few weeks.

Shoe
09-17-2009, 01:30 AM
It's amazing how different people report on the same events. Bouchette writes that Timmons "reinjures" his ankle. Dale Lolley reports nothing of the sort, and says that

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons was back at practice Wednesday in a limited basis as he further tested his sore ankle, pushing forward toward playing Sunday in Chicago.

He did not, however, work in the team portion of the practice.

So who's right about this??? You wonder if the PG is pushing for the "sensational" angle by saying he reinjured his ankle, when maybe it's just that the ankle is sore from getting the first on-field action in a few weeks.

Nice find steelsnis.

spyboots
09-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Hmm. Wonder which it is.

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 07:26 AM
i like timmons and all but jeez come on, he is turning into fu amatu ma afala, he needs to get on the field, we need him, if he needs to rest another week than fine but lets not keep reaggrevating the same injury......lucky we have fox to not miss a beat

SteelerNation1
09-17-2009, 07:59 AM
I have a sinking feeling we aren't going to see 94 until after the bye. :(

Jooser
09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Those high ankle sprains are a b*tch! I suspect Timmons will have problems all season, frankly.

What about the prognosis on Sweed? :wft

Ghost
09-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Not worried about Sweed. Wallace is his equal already.

phillyesq
09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Not worried about Sweed. Wallace is his equal already.

I'd also think that McDonald would be able to fill in admirably against the Bears. He should have experience playing against their secondary from his time in Detroit, and I think he'd be fine.

At this stage in the season, Timmons is much more of a concern than Sweed.

steelsnis
09-17-2009, 10:10 AM
The Trib didn't even mention that Timmons "tweaked" his ankle. They only said that he practiced on a "limited basis."

My guess is that the ankle is still a little gimpy as it's not even 3 weeks since he hurt it in the game vs. Buffalo.