PDA

View Full Version : What does your user name mean?

Jigawatts
09-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Saw this thread on another forum so I'm stealing the idea and bringing it here in order to
help figure some of you people out.

Fordfixer is pretty obvious.

What the hell is a Jooser? Do I want to really know?

Does Ghetto Scott really live in the ghetto?

Does Papillon have a secret crush on Steve McQueen or does he have some kind of sick
fetish with people calling him Pap?

I could keep going, but I need to leave work early and get some Pizza from The Hut.

JACKPOT

MeetJoeGreene
09-16-2009, 07:15 PM
One of my favorite players was MEAN Joe Greene.

And then I was watching this semi-stupid movie called Meet Joe Black.

Joe Black (played by Brad Pitt) was death.

And I thought it would be worse meeting Joe Greene than Joe Black.

So I put the two together and we have MeetJoeGreene.

I left out the spaces due to the former programming geek in me.

stlrz d
09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I think mine is pretty obvious. But my first name also begins with a D so it's kind of a double meaning.

Iron Shiek
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Ha MJG...that's awesome.

I was like 6 or 7 and one of my older friends would always call me the Iron Shiek, like the wrestler for some odd freakin reason. I was't bald. I didn't have a bushy mustache or big belly or pointy shoes, I was 7 for crying out loud! Never understood it. But eventually all my friends just started calling me Shiek when I got a bit older. So my original username was shiek2134...but many of you fellow board members persuaded me to "steelerize" my name a bit, so I went back to "Iron" Shiek

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Admit it...you got the idea for this thread when spyboots joined earlier this week...

Our quarterback is a Ruthless competitor, and since he lives in Pittsburgh, he is officially a 'Burgher. Ben's family may spell their last name Roethlisberger, but I spell it RuthlessBurgher.

fordfixer
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Saw this thread on another forum so I'm stealing the idea and bringing it here in order to
help figure some of you people out.

Fordfixer is pretty obvious.

What the hell is a Jooser? Do I want to really know?

Does Ghetto Scott really live in the ghetto?

Does Papillon have a secret crush on Steve McQueen or does he have some kind of sick
fetish with people calling him Pap?

I could keep going, but I need to leave work early and get some Pizza from The Hut.

JACKPOT

Fordfixer no longer fixes fords I quit that job last February. Now I work for the Wyoming Department of Transportation (Wydot for short) fixing thier stuff I would have said sonthing sooner but Wydot is too close to Wydo For most of you. So I'll just stick with Fordfixer :lol:

Discipline of Steel
09-17-2009, 01:30 AM
At the beginning of Conan the Barbarian, young Conan's father teaches him about the Discipline of Steel.

"Trust not man, nor woman, nor beast. This you can rely on, this you can trust"

He gives him his first sword and a warrior is born. I like to think the Steelers are a more disciplined team. To me, the Discipline of Steel is that hard, professional attitude we seem to present every year.

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 08:18 AM
mine is my initials and it is followed by numbers of significance.....i wanted to go with a steeler something name, but than i just said ehh,

ghettoscott
09-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I HAVE lived in the ghetto, but I moved on up like George and Weezy...

Back in the 90's I worked at Ft. Sam Houston and one of the Sergeants used to say i was "ghetto acting" (whatever that means) and she would always call me Ghetto Scott. She also set me up with a yahoo email account with the same name. I figured since I have been using the moniker for over 10 years, might as well continue with it. My XBOX live account is ghetto scott as well....anyone up for some COD4 or Fight Night get at me :wink:

Good topic. I always wondered how some users came up with their names....like Armpit, i am very interested in the orgins of that name.. (just kidding RPM, i remember from the Trib days) :Cheers

Jooser
09-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, believe it or not, Jooser isn't too awfully bad. This is a family nickname relating to my youngest son, Ryan. When he was born, MadTV was just gaining fame. My wife and I liked to hang out and watch it all the time. When Ryan was just about a month old, we were watching an episode and a music group called Corky and the Juice Pigs was on there as a guest. They sang a hilarious song called "My Pants". Anyways, we thought they were really funny and Ryan was up late that night with us. He was our largest child at birth and he was as pink as Miss Piggy with blond hair and big blue eyes. His face was soooo plump and pink we always joked that he looked like cute little baby piglet. :D That night, watching Corky and the Juice Pigs, I joked to my wife that's a cool nickname for Ryan. She thought it was pretty funny and the name just stuck. Ever since, Ryan is called "Jooser", or "The Jooser" (kinda like the Beaver?) around the house by us. I think it's funny, and I use it on many forums I join, just ask the Ratbird fans over on the Sun Forum.
Hope that helps! -Ben

Here's some of their work...... :lol:

[youtube:1hwubvyj]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/We-r4TuYWAg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/We-r4TuYWAg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:1hwubvyj]

[youtube:1hwubvyj]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D9WRfQaQA9w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D9WRfQaQA9w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:1hwubvyj]

Meatloaf Parody: :lol:
[youtube:1hwubvyj]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqGEVLKaUCk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqGEVLKaUCk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:1hwubvyj]

Jigawatts
09-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Admit it...you got the idea for this thread when spyboots joined earlier this week...

Our quarterback is a Ruthless competitor, and since he lives in Pittsburgh, he is officially a 'Burgher. Ben's family may spell their last name Roethlisberger, but I spell it RuthlessBurgher.

There ya go. What is a spyboot?

JTP53609, you sound like a DVD player I returned last Christmas. :lol:

Djfan
09-17-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm a mobile DJ. Kinda simple.

http://www.anewsong.com

Have at it.

BigLebowski
09-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I actually joined the Trib site in the "news of the day" for politics and then noticed a few of the posters like MeetJoeGreen with pictures of Steelers and such and then realized there was the Steelers board too.

Ironically there are no spaces in my name for the same reason as MJG, it is the old programmer in me.

Just trying to relive my college years, by choosing my moniker of the funniest movie from that time in my life and Billy Madison was already taken as a user name at Triblive.

:Cheers

papillon
09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I took Papillon from the book of the same name about a man named Henri Charriere who was wrongly accused of murder and sent to a French penal colony. Papillon is the french word for butterfly which is a beautiful creature and, this, is in direct contrast to the hardship Charriere endured while imprisoned. And, while he served his time and planned his escape he did not allow his captors to "break" him in any fashion. The Steelers are beautiful, violent and can't be broken, so, hence, I became Papillon.

When I took the name I had no idea the dog breed existed and the only reason I mention that is because I'm a fan of big dogs, German Sheperds, Huskies, Mastiffs, Great Pyreness, etc. and so, had I known about the breed I may have opted for a different username.

Actually, I'm surprised that BigLebowski and MeetJoeGreene didn't create their usernames as follows based on their comments about programming: Big.Lebowski and Meet.Joe.Greene, some of us old programmers liked to make variable names more readable. :wink:

I do not have a mancrush on Steve McQueen, but thanks for asking Jig. :moon

Pappy

Ghost
09-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Stumbled upon the Trib Live board back in '99 during the 6-10 season. Had never belonged to a message board and actually didn't join that year for most of the season. Between the lousy play and the trolls from other teams posting ridiculous stuff I couldn't take it any longer and had to post to one particular jerk. I didn't have a name and I thought to myself - "I'm on this board everyday and no one ever sees me, kind of like a ghost", hence the name. It was short and easy and I needed something to use to reply. Been using it now for 10 years.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I took Papillon from the book of the same name about a man named Henri Charriere who was wrongly accused of murder and sent to a French penal colony. Papillon is the french word for butterfly which is a beautiful creature and, this, is in direct contrast to the hardship Charriere endured while imprisoned. And, while he served his time and planned his escape he did not allow his captors to "break" him in any fashion. The Steelers are beautiful, violent and can't be broken, so, hence, I became Papillon.

When I took the name I had no idea the dog breed existed and the only reason I mention that is because I'm a fan of big dogs, German Sheperds, Huskies, Mastiffs, Great Pyreness, etc. and so, had I known about the breed I may have opted for a different username.

Actually, I'm surprised that BigLebowski and MeetJoeGreene didn't create their usernames as follows based on their comments about programming: Big.Lebowski and Meet.Joe.Greene, some of us old programmers liked to make variable names more readable. :wink:

Pappy

I thought because you are an old, old man, that it just felt right for all of these young whippersnappers to refer to you as "Pappy." :P

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Stumbled upon the Trib Live board back in '99 during the 6-10 season. Had never belonged to a message board and actually didn't join that year for most of the season. Between the lousy play and the trolls from other teams posting ridiculous stuff I couldn't take it any longer and had to post to one particular jerk. I didn't have a name and I thought to myself - "I'm on this board everyday and no one ever sees me, kind of like a ghost", hence the name. It was short and easy and I needed something to use to reply. Been using it now for 10 years.

Better than admitting that you were obsessed with Patrick Swayze and a pottery wheel. :wink:

Ghost
09-21-2009, 02:48 PM

Better than admitting that you were obsessed with Patrick Swayze and a pottery wheel. :wink:

Nobody puts Ghost in the corner...oh...wait...wrong movie...my name is a sham...

papillon
09-21-2009, 09:49 PM

Pappy

I thought because you are an old, old man, that it just felt right for all of these young whippersnappers to refer to you as "Pappy." :P

Only my friends can call me Pappy, you be careful how you address your elders and betters. :moon :P

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Pappy

Only my friends can call me Pappy, you be careful how you address your elders and betters. :moon :P

Pappy

I'll just call you Henri "Butterfly" McQueen then. :wink:

Uncle Rico
09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
My screenname was inspired by some lunatic in Johnstown who got thrown into jail for making death threats against Congressman Jack Murtha.

Jom112
09-26-2009, 12:40 AM
My name is Jom. Hence the first part.

When I first was introduced to the internets back in the AOL days, I needed to create a username. So I just put in my name and the first number that popped into my head was 112. I'm not a big 112 fan, although they have some decent music, but for some reason the number was in my head at the time.

I told myself I would always change it later. But a mixture of laziness and no creativity leaves me still with the username Jom112.

You can ask me what Jom means, but in truth I really have no clue.

As for the "old" programmers, forget Big.Lebowski or Meet.Joe.Greene. And instead step into the world of object oriented programming and go with bigLebowski and meetJoeGreene...

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2009, 02:35 PM

When I first was introduced to the internets back in the AOL days, I needed to create a username. So I just put in my name and the first number that popped into my head was 112. I'm not a big 112 fan, although they have some decent music, but for some reason the number was in my head at the time.

I told myself I would always change it later. But a mixture of laziness and no creativity leaves me still with the username Jom112.

As for the "old" programmers, forget Big.Lebowski or Meet.Joe.Greene. And instead step into the world of object oriented programming and go with bigLebowski and meetJoeGreene...

It's just Jom? Not short for anything? That's a first for me. It would be funny if it was short for Jomathan instead of Jonathan (kind of like Anfernee instead of Anthony). :lol:

Did your parents want to name you John, but the nurse in delivery ward had a short stem on the "h" with the "n" too close to it? That would look a little like a lower case "m". :wink:

Jom112
09-26-2009, 04:05 PM

It's just Jom? Not short for anything? That's a first for me. It would be funny if it was short for Jomathan instead of Jonathan (kind of like Anfernee instead of Anthony). :lol:

Did your parents want to name you John, but the nurse in delivery ward had a short stem on the "h" with the "n" too close to it? That would look a little like a lower case "m". :wink:

The parents wanted to name me Jom. No typo and it's not short for anything.

I still have no clue why. I've asked many times, but the best I got is my dad liked it...

D Rock
09-27-2009, 10:46 PM
one of my friends started calling me D Rock back in high school. Then a bunch of other people did. I think it came from the movie Zoolander most likely since that had just come out around that time.

AngryAsian
09-28-2009, 12:40 PM
My name came out of the fact that I have such a strong Slovic background. :x

Djfan
10-02-2009, 12:38 AM

Does that hurt?

ghettoscott
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM

http://h2dj.com/uclaradionews/files/borat-high-five.jpg

eniparadoxgma
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
So here's where my name comes from....kinda....

I was reading an ee cummings poem one day (I think) and I came across a literary device that read something like

"a for(a tree)est"

and I found it interesting. That's not exactly what I read or anything. I'm just making it up. However, it works the same way as the original. It would read "a tree in a forest".

So, I smoked some fruit loops and came up with my user name, which I assume everyone gets now. It used to be eniPARADOXgma but it evolved to where it is now...

Blah blah blah, that's that.

I think the best nickname I've gotten online from it is just "wrapped".

Djfan
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
So here's where my name comes from....kinda....

I was reading an ee cummings poem one day (I think) and I came across a literary device that read something like

"a for(a tree)est"

and I found it interesting. That's not exactly what I read or anything. I'm just making it up. However, it works the same way as the original. It would read "a tree in a forest".

So, I smoked some fruit loops and came up with my user name, which I assume everyone gets now. It used to be eniPARADOXgma but it evolved to where it is now...

Blah blah blah, that's that.

I think the best nickname I've gotten online from it is just "wrapped".

I call you Enip, and worry about you some.

eniparadoxgma
10-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I call you Enip, and worry about you some.

You're not the only one. http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8742/crazyw.gif (http://img5.imageshack.us/i/crazyw.gif/)

Sugar
10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Sugar is my stage name. My real name is Sayer, but when I sign autographs the sig is fairly illegible- you can make out the S but the way the rest of it runs together looks like "sugar" so my band guys kept calling me that and it stuck.

I'm also a huge boxing fan and of course there are a number of famous "Sugar's" in that sport, so it works.

Chadman
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Well, CHADMAN's name comes from.....

PART 1- CHADMAN has always had a fascination with all things CENTRAL AFRICAN. What a wonderfully sandy part of the world.
http://www.mapsofworld.com/images/world-countries-flags/chad-flag.gif

PART 2- CHADMAN's mother is FRENCH. CHAD, the country, is a FRENCH republic.
http://www.mapsofworld.com/images/world-countries-flags/france-flag.gif

PART 3- CHADMAN likes the song "La Tchadienne"

People of Chad, arise and to work!
You have conquered the soil and won your rights;
Your freedom will be born of your courage.
Lift up your eyes, the future is yours.
O my Country, may God protect you,
May your neighbours admire your children.
Joyful, peaceful, advance as you sing,
Faithful to your fathers who are watching you.

PART 4- Chadman is, in fact, a MAN.

PART 5- CHADMAN's name is, ironically, CHAD....which really kinda surplants all the above points- bar the MAN one...