PDA

View Full Version : Steeler bars in Tampa

birtikidis
09-16-2009, 11:48 AM
hey just moved to Tampa, trying to find a bar that has a good Steeler crowd. any info?

Doogie36
09-16-2009, 02:22 PM
goto YAHOO and search STEELER BARS....you will see STEELER ADDICTS come up. On this site you will find all the STEELER BARS in the entire US.

Tampa has a few: Digity Dogs, Galley Pizza, Hattricks, Newk's Cafe, and more.

Check it out!!!!!!!!

Flasteel
09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
hey just moved to Tampa, trying to find a bar that has a good Steeler crowd. any info?

I used to go to a couple of places (JB's & The Scoreboard) but that was back in the early '90's.

Too bad you're not a little further south birt, there's a couple of places down here in Bradenton I could direct you to.

Hey, are you at a new school this year? I know the Chamberlain HC job was open. My buddy was actually hired there as the new varsity Basketball HC

birtikidis
09-16-2009, 04:59 PM

I used to go to a couple of places (JB's & The Scoreboard) but that was back in the early '90's.

Too bad you're not a little further south birt, there's a couple of places down here in Bradenton I could direct you to.

Hey, are you at a new school this year? I know the Chamberlain HC job was open. My buddy was actually hired there as the new varsity Basketball HC

no I'm actually back in school working on my masters degree. but, good chance that i'm going to switch programs... hopefully! I don't know my way around down here at all. I'm still coaching a bit at the old school, but not nearly as often. which is good, coaching was killing me last year (was in a car accident where dodge neon<optimus prime)

DkBlue
09-16-2009, 06:37 PM

Dagwoods at the corner of Sheldon and Waters. Good food, good Steeler's Bar.

steelfin
09-16-2009, 08:42 PM
There is a bar in Largo called Rudy's sports bar. Its not too far from Tampa... I haven't been there is a long time but it used to be a great place to go watch the games...

They claim to be the best Steeler bar in Florida....

"http://rudyssportsbar.com/"

Sorry if links are not permitted....

SF

stlrz d
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelernati ... sp#Florida (http://www.post-gazette.com/steelernation/steelerbars_list.asp#Florida)

Flasteel
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM

no I'm actually back in school working on my masters degree. but, good chance that i'm going to switch programs... hopefully! I don't know my way around down here at all. I'm still coaching a bit at the old school, but not nearly as often. which is good, coaching was killing me last year (was in a car accident where dodge neon<optimus prime)

Doing the exact same thing brother. Two more classes at USF to go after this semester and then I'm done. I guess the car accident was God's way of punishing you for driving a Neon, eh.

Just kidding man, glad to know you made it through. Good luck in grad school birt. It ain't all that bad and it'll be over before you know it.

birtikidis
09-16-2009, 11:41 PM

Doing the exact same thing brother. Two more classes at USF to go after this semester and then I'm done. I guess the car accident was God's way of punishing you for driving a Neon, eh.

Just kidding man, glad to know you made it through. Good luck in grad school birt. It ain't all that bad and it'll be over before you know it.
I'm looking at probably 6 more years of school if all goes as i hope. argh. what classes are you taking at USF.. i just started here. love it so far.
glad it was the neon, hell i'm just glad it wasn't my other car... that would have pissedme off!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v310/183/1/65902163/n65902163_31160180_6351.jpg

Flasteel
09-16-2009, 11:58 PM

I'm looking at probably 6 more years of school if all goes as i hope. argh. what classes are you taking at USF.. i just started here. love it so far.
glad it was the neon, hell i'm just glad it wasn't my other car... that would have pissedme off!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v310/183/1/65902163/n65902163_31160180_6351.jpg

6 years?!
Dude. :shock:
What kind of masters program are you working on?

My masters (Ed Leadership) is taking me 2 years which is pretty standard stuff. Im at USF in Sarasota for the most part. I'm taking one web-based course out of Tampa (Program Evaluation) and a law class down here.

As far as the car, I'm glad to see that your masculinity has been preserved with the 'Vette. I was beginning to wonder what kind of self-respecting man drives a Neon...or at least admits to it on a message board. :D

Sweet ride by the way.

birtikidis
09-17-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm getting my masters in education then going straight into the Ph.D. sports psychology program. I'll teach while i'm working on the Ph.D so I'll have to take it a little slow.

birtikidis
09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
btw the neon is about to be replaced by a new silverado. Stupid trucker who hit me was found to have 3 different drugs in his system. while he was on the job. so, other than the fact that I had to have surgery and haven't been able to do any heavy lifting for the past year, it seems that it will work out in my favor.
btw thanks for the props. you should have seen it when we bought it. was a piece of crap... but the numbers match and it only had 39k on an all original car... so not bad.
of course cleaning the dead possum out was kinda nasty. ever see a mummy possum before?

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm getting my masters in education then going straight into the Ph.D. sports psychology program. I'll teach while i'm working on the Ph.D so I'll have to take it a little slow.

I'm teaching an Educational Psychology course for an online Master's program at the University of Scranton. I do seem to get more than my fair share of Floridians in that course for whatever reason.

Flasteel
09-17-2009, 09:56 PM
...ever see a mummy possum before?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3334/3251361629_951c367b19.jpg

Flasteel
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM

I'm teaching an Educational Psychology course for an online Master's program at the University of Scranton. I do seem to get more than my fair share of Floridians in that course for whatever reason.

What's your degree in RB? I had no idea you dabbled in the educational or psychological realms...well, at least outside of this message board. Do you get into motivation and behavior-specific interventions?

birtikidis
09-17-2009, 11:11 PM

that's a little better preserved than the one I pulled out of the drive train of the vette. of course it hadn't been driven since '72 and I HIGHLY recommend not allowing a family of squirrels to build a nest inside the dashboard of a 1969 corvette. talk about a mess.

Flasteel
09-17-2009, 11:15 PM

that's a little better preserved than the one I pulled out of the drive train of the vette. of course it hadn't been driven since '72 and I HIGHLY recommend not allowing a family of squirrels to build a nest inside the dashboard of a 1969 corvette. talk about a mess.

That's a '69 Vette? Wow. 39,000 original miles? No matter how many mummified animals are entombed in it, that's a hell of a find.

birtikidis
09-17-2009, 11:36 PM
yea, my old man makes that his hobby. he did a '68 chevelle and a '68 vette for my older brother (my older brother is also restoring 3 old firebirds '67 i think). and my old man is doing a '67 chevelle for my younger brother. I'm glad he found this one because it's a gem and he came onto it accidently. I'll try to upload some pre-restore pics. funny thing is, my old man wont even look at a car if the numbers don't match. so all those cars are completely original, which is pretty impressive.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2009, 10:12 AM

What's your degree in RB? I had no idea you dabbled in the educational or psychological realms...well, at least outside of this message board. Do you get into motivation and behavior-specific interventions?

I have a B.A. in Psychology from Cornell and an M.S. in Elementary Education from the University of Scranton. I've been teaching a Master's level Educational Psychology course for them online every 8 weeks (twice in the spring, twice in the summer, and twice in the fall). I also occasionally teach an Ed Psych course on campus as well (either the undergraduates in the fall or graduate students in the spring).

And, by the way...finding disturbing images on the interwebz to post on this site is my job, Mr. Frozen Possum! :lol:

Flasteel
09-18-2009, 03:25 PM

I have a B.A. in Psychology from Cornell and an M.S. in Elementary Education from the University of Scranton. I've been teaching a Master's level Educational Psychology course for them online every 8 weeks (twice in the spring, twice in the summer, and twice in the fall). I also occasionally teach an Ed Psych course on campus as well (either the undergraduates in the fall or graduate students in the spring).

And, by the way...finding disturbing images on the interwebz to post on this site is my job, Mr. Frozen Possum! :lol:

It's not a frozen opossum, it's mummified.

Man, you'd think someone that went to Cornell would know the friggin' difference.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2009, 03:30 PM

It's not a frozen opossum, it's mummified.

Man, you'd think someone that went to Cornell would know the friggin' difference.

Nope. It's actually alive. That opossum is just playing possum.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PGvSoaafXiI/Rrv285XBD2I/AAAAAAAAAgE/d4b-94DpaEw/s200/DeadPossum.jpg