PDA

View Full Version : Timmons could be back for Sunday's game

fordfixer
09-16-2009, 01:12 AM
Timmons could be back for Sunday's game

By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 43310.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_643310.html)

All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu (knee) will miss the Steelers' game Sunday at Chicago, but the team could have starting inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons for the 4:15 p.m. contest. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Timmons, who missed the season opener because of a sprained left ankle, may start practicing again this week. "We're hopeful that he's capable of getting some work here and pushing toward game readiness," Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. Polamalu is out for three to six weeks with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee. But he avoided surgery after getting hurt in the Steelers' 13-10 win over the Tennessee Titans last Thursday. "It's really a week to week thing as we progress from here on out," Tomlin said of Polamalu.

The absence of Polamalu could mean more playing time for Ryan Mundy, a Woodland Hills High graduate. Mundy, who played primarily on special teams in the season opener, may play in the Steelers' dime defense against the Bears, Tomlin said. "We'll be capable of using dime, and that may include Ryan Mundy, who proved last week that it wasn't too big for him when he went in and he actually did some nice things for us," Tomlin said.

Undrafted rookie Ramon Foster is the Steelers' No. 3 offensive tackle, but Tomlin said Trai Essex could move from right guard to tackle in the event of a game-day injury to Max Starks or Willie Colon. Still, Foster has made enough strides to move ahead of second-year man Tony Hills at offensive tackle.

"We like where he is and he's improving every week," Tomlin said of Foster.

Digits

1 -- Win the Steelers have in 12 games all-time against the Bears in Chicago.

-- By Scott Brown

Djfan
09-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Wow. One in 12 at Soldier Field. That should change on Sunday!

fordfixer
09-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Yes it will :tt1 :tt1

frankthetank1
09-16-2009, 07:18 AM
good news about timmons. i was hoping he would be back for sunday's game

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Interesting on Hills / Foster.

I wonder if Foster has moved ahead at tackle, or if he is being activated because he is able to play tackle or guard.

What I'm wondering is if one of the starters was unable to dress, would they start Hills, Foster, or would they move Essex over and start Legursky at guard?

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Interesting on Hills / Foster.

I wonder if Foster has moved ahead at tackle, or if he is being activated because he is able to play tackle or guard.

What I'm wondering is if one of the starters was unable to dress, would they start Hills, Foster, or would they move Essex over and start Legursky at guard?

My guess would be move Essex and start Legursky at guard. You hate having to make two moves to fill one hole, but a tackle is out on an island, so I'd rather have someone with experience out there instead of someone who has never taken an NFL snap. I'd prefer having the inexperience guy at guard, where he could get help from the center and tackle if need be.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-16-2009, 10:36 AM
My guess would be move Essex and start Legursky at guard. You hate having to make two moves to fill one hole, but a tackle is out on an island, so I'd rather have someone with experience out there instead of someone who has never taken an NFL snap. I'd prefer having the inexperience guy at guard, where he could get help from the center and tackle if need be.

I think that I agree RB. I think that the team really likes Essex and put him at guard to just get him in the game. Prior to last year he was exclusively a backup tackle.

Tackle being the most important position, if they are going to make a double move it would be because they want their best option at tackle.

So, who would be next, Foster or Hills?

Shoe
09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Hills blows.

He stinks.

This "great athlete" was a ham & egger in college.