PDA

View Full Version : the difference between winners and losers.

Starlifter
09-15-2009, 01:43 AM
wow, what a week of football. you sit there and think cincy should beat the lowly chiefs and the pats and chargers should destroy buffalo and the raiders. yet all 3 of them give up the game in the final seconds. yeah, the play in cincy was a fluke but the other two were just painful. 11 point lead on the pasterisks with just over 5 minutes to go and you give up 2 TD's? the raiders go up by 3 and allow SD to drive 78 yards in just over 2 minutes for a go ahead TD leaving only 18 seconds on the clock.

just sickening to watch........well, except for denver... :bungalssuck :bungalssuck

Discipline of Steel
09-15-2009, 06:26 AM
The way those teams lost was turrible. On the bright side, the NFL served up some chumps for NE abd SD to beat up on and they barely scraped by on national TV.

Oviedo
09-15-2009, 07:49 AM
The way those teams lost was turrible. On the bright side, the NFL served up some chumps for NE abd SD to beat up on and they barely scraped by on national TV.

What do you want to bet that the patriots zoom to the top of the "Power Ratings" this week with a less than impressive win against a team that couldn't score all pre-season.

The love affair will begin in earnest now.

proudpittsburgher
09-16-2009, 09:01 AM

The Raiders got screwed out of a TD, so yes, I feel bad for them. But the Bengals did not deserve to win that game in any way shape or form. I didn't feel bad for them at all. :bungalssuck

AngryAsian
09-16-2009, 09:07 AM

The Raiders got screwed out of a TD, so yes, I feel bad for them. But the Bengals did not deserve to win that game in any way shape or form. I didn't feel bad for them at all. :bungalssuck

That game cost me 115.00 bones in my work-pool this weekend. (**note to self, never bet on Cincy**) What a let down.

ramblinjim
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM
First off Asian....you BET ON CINCY??????? Just kidding.

The Cincinnati / Denver game was a game that both teams tried really hard to lose, the Bengals just worked at it a little bit harder..... :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I've always said that when you bet on bad teams you can't be upset when bad things happen. It is reasons like this that make those teams so bad.

sd steel
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
What is, "One team has more points than the other." Alex?

papillon
09-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Those teams lost, simply, because they are not good enough to win close games. The better teams won in all instances, the lesser team has to play flawlessly for 60 minutes, the better team doesn't.

The more talented teams won.

Pappy

JTP53609
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
i really cannot stand just about every team in the nfl, but as much as i strongly dislike the pats, rats and chargers, they did and often do find ways to win when they are not at their best. That being said, if any of those three played a better team this past week than I think they would have not been so lucky...

Jom112
09-16-2009, 07:14 PM
That game cost me 115.00 bones in my work-pool this weekend. (**note to self, never bet on Cincy**) What a let down.

I could have told you that...

fordfixer
09-17-2009, 12:04 AM

Words of wisdom form Fordfixer :bungalssuck Hope that helps

skyhawk
09-17-2009, 01:53 AM

What do you want to bet that the patriots zoom to the top of the "Power Ratings" this week with a less than impressive win against a team that couldn't score all pre-season.

The love affair will begin in earnest now.

Umm, I think the Pats were at the top of most rankings before a single snap this season had taken place :HeadBanger

spyboots
09-17-2009, 01:57 AM
The Bills planned really well and played their hearts out. How sad to lose on a stupid mistake and to the *Cheats!