PDA

View Full Version : Bolts looking sophmoric

Djfan
09-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Wow. The faiders are all over them. Didn't predict this. But, based on last game they may win still.

SidSmythe
09-14-2009, 11:29 PM
ONE WORD: NorvTurner!!

birtikidis
09-14-2009, 11:41 PM
raiders just got robbed.

Flasteel
09-14-2009, 11:44 PM
What an unbelievable screw job on that Raider TD just before the half. That ref has no idea what he is talking about. The ball clearly was in possession with two feet down, plus an asscheek and an elbow. To overturn that call is simply a travesty and these refs need to be held accountable. Wow...just friggin' wow.

Djfan
09-14-2009, 11:49 PM
You know what FS? I would really love to give these conspiracy kooks who think that the games are fixed a hard time. Sometimes I wonder if they know more than we do.

It always seems to benefit the same teams, and impact some others negatively.

BURGH86STEEL
09-14-2009, 11:53 PM
What an unbelievable screw job on that Raider TD just before the half. That ref has no idea what he is talking about. The ball clearly was in possession with two feet down, plus an asscheek and an elbow. To overturn that call is simply a travesty and these refs need to be held accountable. Wow...just friggin' wow.

They are held accountable. The problem is people expect perfection out of imperfect people.

Flasteel
09-15-2009, 12:00 AM

They are held accountable. The problem is people expect perfection out of imperfect people.

Perfection? How about something other than the vision of a blind cave newt. Accountability needs to be more than the withholding of a paycheck when you talk about egregious errors during a replay review. If you can't see well enough or understand the rules (Polamalu's pick against Manning) and you overrule the call on the field, your ass needs to be sent down to the UFL, AFL2, or the couch in your living room.

Shoe
09-15-2009, 12:48 AM

That's pretty much it.

What's amazing is how dominating they were running the ball. It says A LOT about SD's weak D, as well as the Raiders O-line. The only really recognizable talent on that O-line is Gallery. It's so annoying how are run game/O-line is so garbage.

birtikidis
09-15-2009, 01:42 AM
raider d looked good, but they did what we've come to expect from them...

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2009, 01:16 PM
You know what FS? I would really love to give these conspiracy kooks who think that the games are fixed a hard time. Sometimes I wonder if they know more than we do.

There are some moron refs out there (it is implausible to me how in this case...and the Troy INT vs. the Colts in that playoff game...that instant replay has actually managed to make things worse, even when the visual evidence is right there for everyone to see clearly), but I wouldn't say it always seems to benefit the same teams.

The dumb@$$ call of the year of last season (the Cutler fumble play against the Chargers) cost San Diego that game.

The dumb@$$ call of the year so far this season (get both feet, plus your butt and elbow down on a TD catch) benefitted San Diego this time.

NorthCoast
09-15-2009, 09:18 PM

That's pretty much it.

What's amazing is how dominating they were running the ball. It says A LOT about SD's weak D, as well as the Raiders O-line. The only really recognizable talent on that O-line is Gallery. It's so annoying how are run game/O-line is so garbage.

It was a complete SIZE mismatch. Diego's DL has ALWAYS been undersized compared to league average and Raiders OL is HUGE. In this case, size does matter.

papillon
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM

There are some moron refs out there (it is implausible to me how in this case...and the Troy INT vs. the Colts in that playoff game...that instant replay has actually managed to make things worse, even when the visual evidence is right there for everyone to see clearly), but I wouldn't say it always seems to benefit the same teams.

The dumb@$$ call of the year of last season (the Cutler fumble play against the Chargers) cost San Diego that game.

The dumb@$$ call of the year so far this season (get both feet, plus your butt and elbow down on a TD catch) benefitted San Diego this time.

Instant replay made it worse, because, instant replay is a bad idea. The referees lean too heavily on the instant replay to bail them out.

Pappy

sd steel
09-16-2009, 01:26 AM

That's pretty much it.

It was a complete SIZE mismatch. Diego's DL has ALWAYS been undersized compared to league average and Raiders OL is HUGE. In this case, size does matter.

There was no size mismatch, Jamal Williams - 348, N Ogemdi - 303, M Vauhn - 320, T Johnson - 311, J Cesaire - 295, L Castillo - 290, R Bingham 303, and Phillips and Merriman are both listed at over 260 LBS. They aren't undersized, just soft.

JTP53609
09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
i thought the faiders would roll over, but they hung in there, cant stand them still.....i thought that the chargers would beat up on baltimore next week, but now im not so sure..

Northern_Blitz
09-16-2009, 02:25 PM

Perfection? How about something other than the vision of a blind cave newt. Accountability needs to be more than the withholding of a paycheck when you talk about egregious errors during a replay review. If you can't see well enough or understand the rules (Polamalu's pick against Manning) and you overrule the call on the field, your ass needs to be sent down to the UFL, AFL2, or the couch in your living room.

NFL should do replays centrally. It is the ONE thing right with the NHL. At least that way things are consistant and you wouldn't get screwed by refs not knowing the rules (like against the Chargers last year).