PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson vs the Browns (Just an observation)

jj28west
09-13-2009, 08:08 PM
If you look at his runing style (besides the obvious power and speed) I am really suprised at his lateral cutting ability and vision. The national highlights are probably only going to show the style point runs but he really had some incredible 7-14 yd runs where he was ready to blow into the closed up hole right up the middle and then jumped outside laterally 5-10 yds and then went vertical at full speed and power.

My point is he has all the tools and seems to even get good yardage on plays that look like they are going nowhere. It does help to have big Hutchisnson blocking and a solid fullback but I saw this guy run like Fred Taylor today from his Jacksonville days.

In AP's 1st year he seemed to look for contact and would try to run you over. Today he showed shiftiness. I am not an expert in breaking down Willie's & Rashard's running style but maybe watching a sh!tload of film and not just weights can help these guys improve their game in making quicker decisions while viewing the field.

feltdizz
09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
If you look at his runing style (besides the obvious power and speed) I am really suprised at his lateral cutting ability and vision. The national highlights are probably only going to show the style point runs but he really had some incredible 7-14 yd runs where he was ready to blow into the closed up hole right up the middle and then jumped outside laterally 5-10 yds and then went vertical at full speed and power.

My point is he has all the tools and seems to even get good yardage on plays that look like they are going nowhere. It does help to have big Hutchisnson blocking and a solid fullback but I saw this guy run like Fred Taylor today from his Jacksonville days.

In AP's 1st year he seemed to look for contact and would try to run you over. Today he showed shiftiness. I am not an expert in breaking down Willie's & Rashard's running style but maybe watching a sh!tload of film and not just weights can help these guys improve their game in making quicker decisions while viewing the field.

He is a natural..

I thought he ran too high when he was at Oklahoma but he proved me wrong as an NFL RB..and he bounces and slides just as fast as when he is running north and south..

WP looks like he uses a ton energy just to bounce outside

sd steel
09-14-2009, 12:25 AM

He is a natural..

I thought he ran too high when he was at Oklahoma but he proved me wrong as an NFL RB..and he bounces and slides just as fast as when he is running north and south..

WP looks like he uses a ton energy just to bounce outside

It's called vision, FWP doesn't have it and never will, Mendenhall has it and you will see the more touches he gets. And Stephan Logan has more of it, and I would love to see him get some touches in the backfield.

grotonsteel
09-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Steelers need to use Logan as Chargers use Darren Sproles. Logan might help to jump start Steelers running game against Chicago run defense.