PDA

View Full Version : Classic Bungles!

Flasteel
09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
They go scoreless the entire game and take a 7-6 lead with just over 30 seconds left. Denver takes over at their own 13 after the KO and Orton promptly throws an 87 yard TD with 27 seconds to go.

Holy crap that's hilarious.

birtikidis
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
did you see the play. it was awesome. bengals linebacker deflects a pass that would have been INCOMPLETE right to brandon stokely who promptly runs 87 yards for the td. hahahahaha

steelsun7
09-13-2009, 04:07 PM
that play was UNFREAKINBELIEVEABLE! (SP)

grotonsteel
09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Dayuyyyuummmmmmmmmm......What the hell was tht....a tipped pass for TD(87-yds) ...you got to be kidding me........I thought i won the Pick the Loser Challenge for Wk1 until Leon Hall had to tip it.

That freak play screwed my pick big time.... :evil:

Anyways its always nice that a division team lost.

AngryAsian
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Pretty heads up by Stokley running parallel to the goal line to shred off more time off the clock. Sorry, Jom... good luck this season.

Uncle Rico
09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
It's always good to see the Browns and Bengals in midseason form.

Jooser
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
OCHO OH NO!!!!! :shock: :wft

proudpittsburgher
09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
First Ohio State, then this. lol, I am just now finishing my hysterical laughing from that play. And the fact that no other Bungholes ran with him, other than the linebacker, which allowed him to run parallel to the 1 yard line. All I kept saying was "hey ocho, kiss the baby. kiss the baby."

feltdizz
09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Pretty heads up by Stokley running parallel to the goal line to shred off more time off the clock. Sorry, Jom... good luck this season.

that looked ghay... I think the NFL should call a penalty if you do that.

I remember the HOF game this year and the Titans punter ran 30 yards and took a safety which screwed up the spread. (only an idiot would bet on a preseason game) but still...

run in the endzone like a man and kick off. This isn't 4 corners like basketball.. which was also ghay..

Iron Shiek
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM

I remember the HOF game this year and the Titans punter ran 30 yards and took a safety which screwed up the spread. (only an idiot would bet on a preseason game) but still...

run in the endzone like a man and kick off. This isn't 4 corners like basketball.. which was also ghay..

Well then the defender should've played like a man and not quit chasing him...watch the replay...he lets up at the 5. All he had to do was keep chasing him and push him in the end zone.

Oviedo
09-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Maybe finally the media pundits will get over their "man love" of Carson Palmer and the illusion that he is an elite QB. He is/was nothing more than a "stats accumulator" when he had Johnson and TJ carrying him.

Pundits love stats which is why Drew Brees will soon be touted as the greatest QB in NFL history even though he has won nothing.

Jom112
09-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Maybe finally the media pundits will get over their "man love" of Carson Palmer and the illusion that he is an elite QB. He is/was nothing more than a "stats accumulator" when he had Johnson and TJ carrying him.

Pundits love stats which is why Drew Brees will soon be touted as the greatest QB in NFL history even though he has won nothing.

So I was at the game and I can tell you at least one of the following is true:

1. There is something wrong with Carson's arm/elbow/shoulder.

2. Bob Bratkowski is the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL.

I'm leaning towards #2. The reason I say that is because none of the routes that were run, were deep routes. We NEVER tired to go deep. Also Chris Henry who was having a great preseason was on the bench the majority of the game.

Every time Henry did come in they put Champ Bailey on him, so you knew that the Broncos were worried about Henry. The problem is that Henry only played in about 8 snaps. It was pathetic.

With the short passes though I thought Carson did fine. Coles unfortunately dropped 3 passes, two that were very catchable balls that would have gotten us a 1st down. But ended up in punts.

It was an odd game to see. I means the offense didn't really have a lot of 3 and outs. We moved the ball but just couldn't score. Which I think can be fixed by firing Bob Brat or putting Henry on the field more. Preferably both...

proudpittsburgher
09-14-2009, 08:48 AM

Oh stop it. It was a heady play. As I said earlier, you don't want him to do it, then friggen chase him into the end zone. You play to win the game, and leaving time on the clock gives cincy a chance to score.

Oviedo
09-14-2009, 09:14 AM

So I was at the game and I can tell you at least one of the following is true:

1. There is something wrong with Carson's arm/elbow/shoulder.

2. Bob Bratkowski is the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL.

I'm leaning towards #2. The reason I say that is because none of the routes that were run, were deep routes. We NEVER tired to go deep. Also Chris Henry who was having a great preseason was on the bench the majority of the game.

Every time Henry did come in they put Champ Bailey on him, so you knew that the Broncos were worried about Henry. The problem is that Henry only played in about 8 snaps. It was pathetic.

With the short passes though I thought Carson did fine. Coles unfortunately dropped 3 passes, two that were very catchable balls that would have gotten us a 1st down. But ended up in punts.

It was an odd game to see. I means the offense didn't really have a lot of 3 and outs. We moved the ball but just couldn't score. Which I think can be fixed by firing Bob Brat or putting Henry on the field more. Preferably both...

Jom--you really need to become a Steelers fan. You meet criteria #1...blame the offensive coordinator versus the players executing the plays.

Everyone outside of Cinci has known for years that palmer while capable is hardly the elite QB he was sold to be. He had elite WRs which made him look much better than he was.

My condolences and remember I actually deluded myself into thinking that the Bumgals would overtake the Ravens for #2 in the AFC North. Boy I feel silly.

Jom112
09-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Jom--you really need to become a Steelers fan. You meet criteria #1...blame the offensive coordinator versus the players executing the plays.

Everyone outside of Cinci has known for years that palmer while capable is hardly the elite QB he was sold to be. He had elite WRs which made him look much better than he was.

My condolences and remember I actually deluded myself into thinking that the Bumgals would overtake the Ravens for #2 in the AFC North. Boy I feel silly.

While it's understandable why you would think I was blame the OC instead of Carson. Here are some 'tweets' from Willie Anderson, from a conversation I had with him back in August:

The following quote was a response when someone asked him about the 'new playbook' that our O.C. was touting.

2 words Same Coaches! Don't be fool!
3:14 PM Aug 3rd from txt

Another reason I hate Mike Brown:

Like I said couple weeks ago. Marvin wanted to fire all offensive coaches. So did Carson, but couldn't. Gon be rough for that side
3:22 PM Aug 3rd from txt

The following tweet from Willie was in response to me asking him how Hue Jackson (Our old WR coach) would do as the O.C.

That's who Marvin and Carson wanted. Hugh Jackson can relate, teach and motivate players. Your coach has to be able to do that.
11:46 PM Aug 3rd from txt

And here is a recent one from after the game on Sunday:

Bad Coaching by Bengals not playing Chris Henry! Coaches Fault! Play that Kid!

Believe me it's coaching. I never put Carson in the 'elite' category but he's definitely not as bad as you make him out to be. Put in a new O.C. and watch the offense improve dramatically...

Oviedo
09-14-2009, 09:35 AM
[quote=Oviedo]

While it's understandable why you would think I was blame the OC instead of Carson. Here are some 'tweets' from Willie Anderson, from a conversation I had with him back in August:

The following quote was a response when someone asked him about the 'new playbook' that our O.C. was touting.

2 words Same Coaches! Don't be fool!
3:14 PM Aug 3rd from txt

Another reason I hate Mike Brown:

Like I said couple weeks ago. Marvin wanted to fire all offensive coaches. So did Carson, but couldn't. Gon be rough for that side
3:22 PM Aug 3rd from txt

The following tweet from Willie was in response to me asking him how Hue Jackson (Our old WR coach) would do as the O.C.

That's who Marvin and Carson wanted. Hugh Jackson can relate, teach and motivate players. Your coach has to be able to do that.
11:46 PM Aug 3rd from txt

And here is a recent one from after the game on Sunday:

Bad Coaching by Bengals not playing Chris Henry! Coaches Fault! Play that Kid!

Believe me it's coaching. I never put Carson in the 'elite' category but he's definitely not as bad as you make him out to be. Put in a new O.C. and watch the offense improve dramatically...[/quote:3w4nm5u6]

Never said Carson was "bad" just he is on the higher end of the middle of the pack if NFL QBs. Grouped with better than average guys like Matt Hasselback, Chad Pennington.

Jom112
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Never said Carson was "bad" just he is on the higher end of the middle of the pack if NFL QBs. Grouped with better than average guys like Matt Hasselback, Chad Pennington.

Top half of the league is where I would put him as well as this point.

I'll just say this: We can win with Carson but we can't win with Bob Bratkowski...

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
brandon stokley is such a smart player, to run along the goal line to kill clock is such a smart thing to do and i have always wanted someone to do that, of course he did it last year he saved the broncos a 15 yd penalty when he held up brandon marshall from acting in a selfish manner to do some kind of prop thing after a td