PDA

View Full Version : Raven Shredding Chiefs...

Flasteel
09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
...but stil losing 14-10 in the 3rd.
Baltimore seems to be going with nothing but the no-huddle and they have nearly 350 yards of offense so far. A pick by Flacco was returned deep into Baltimore territory to set up one Chief TD, while they had a punt return for another. Aside from those not so small plays, it has been a total woodshed beating.

Let's hope the freak plays keep coming for the Chiefs and they somehow pull this out.

Ooops...The rats just scored to take the lead again. Damn.

birtikidis
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
well the browns are getting a beatdown. not sure if KC can come back though. :ratsuck :brownssuck

stlrz d
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Flacco is staring down his receivers and even throwing the ball high when they are wide open...I like it.

birtikidis
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
i'm stuck watching joey porter and the dolphins do absolutely nothing against the falcons. i did see that KC tied it up though.

Flasteel
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Well it looks like the Chiefs got another anomalous play (50 yard reception) and it leads to a 53 yard FG.

Tied at 17

C'mon Chiefs!

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Go Chiefs!!! HaHa :ratsuck

AngryAsian
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM
What's scares me is the Rice/McClain tandem. This could pound us this season. Glad we don't get them until later into the year, gives us time to heal up a bit. I'm really not worried about Bert... Woodley and Harrison will plant him several times this season.

Flasteel
09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
KC down again but driving. Now on the Baltimore 19...C'mon KC...C'mon.

Flasteel
09-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah baby! KC ties this thing up again. Although they were aided by a roughing call, their offense seems like they are starting to heat up finally. I'm only able to follow on NFL.com, so I can't get a great idea of how things are unfolding, but I'll take the tie at this point.

Flasteel
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Well 2 minute warning and the Rats have taken the lead on yet another Bert passing TD. I don't like KC's chances at all now.

birtikidis
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
did you see the end of the bengals game WOW that was awesome!!!

birtikidis
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
deflected pass then brandon stokely goes 85 yds for the td.. wow

birtikidis
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM
brandon marshall is an absolute waste. he has no heart and is extremely selfish. on the 2pt conversion he didn't even TRY to catch the ball. it was there too.

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
did you see the end of the bengals game WOW that was awesome!!!

My condolences to Jom. That was pitiful. Orton gets lucky after doing nothing all game and McDaniels gets his first win on a play that happens once every 40 years.

stlrz d
09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
I watched the Ravens game from mid-second quarter on and the Ravens offense put up big numbers against a very mediocre defense. The Chiefs got their hands on many Flacco passes due to him locking on to his intended receiver. Their running game looked good, but really only when they had gaping holes.

I know it's only the first game of the season for them, but as of this time they didn't look all that impressive playing against a Chiefs team (at home) that is not good.

Oh yeah...their FG kicker missed a very makeable FG today too...wait'll he has to attempt one at our house. :D

:ratsuck

steelsnis
09-13-2009, 05:20 PM
What was with the Ravens going for it on 4th & goal from the 1 yard line at the end of the game (less than a minute left), up by 7??? A field goal puts the game out of reach. Gannon and Ian Eagle were both shocked that they went for it.

Running it up against the Chiefs???

stlrz d
09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
What was with the Ravens going for it on 4th & goal from the 1 yard line at the end of the game (less than a minute left), up by 7??? A field goal puts the game out of reach. Gannon and Ian Eagle were both shocked that they went for it.

Running it up against the Chiefs???

Pretty much. Their fans (the same ones who complained about the Pasterisks doing it 2 years ago) "justified" it by saying that it was safer than attempting a FG that was actually nothing more than an XP.

Apparently they didn't see the Steelers/Colts playoff game from '05.

rpmpit
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
What's scares me is the Rice/McClain tandem. This could pound us this season. Glad we don't get them until later into the year, gives us time to heal up a bit. I'm really not worried about Bert... Woodley and Harrison will plant him several times this season.

Last I saw, I think he got the brows waxed. We'll have to come up with a new nickname!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

frankthetank1
09-14-2009, 08:45 AM
its funny to me some of the upsets and close games. makes me wonder how some people on this board would feel if the steelers played the chiefs close up untill the end of the game or if the steelers lost to the 49'ers. a lot of people panic when the steelers go down to the wire with one of the best teams in the nfl.

HardlinerKC
09-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Where to begin? I know you want to hear about the Ravens' overall curious poor play in allowing a bottom feeder team like the Chiefs to hang around until late in the game but, that wasn't really the case. Baltimore was sort of playing down to their level of competition all game but still dominating sort of like a cat playing with a mouse before finally tiring of the game, then ending it.

LB Mike Vrabel said it best in his postgame comments: "A moral victory??? What's moral about giving up 500 yards of offense to them? That sucks as did this effort."

True enough. The Chiefs are deeply mired into their second 'dark ages' with the first of those being the dreaded '75-'88 era where the team totally lost their way. Anyway, the Ravens are a tough, well rounded team but I think most of you already knew that.

The Chiefs? It's a tough time to be a Chief's fan but I'm hanging in there with them although I still see no proverbial light at the end of the dark tunnel. FYI

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2009, 06:49 PM

Last I saw, I think he got the brows waxed. We'll have to come up with a new nickname!

I was looking at his picture closely the other day and I thought he kind of looked like Mr. Rogers.

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM

I was looking at his picture closely the other day and I thought he kind of looked like Mr. Rogers.

If he thinks the Ravens will supplant the Steelers as AFC North Champs, then he is living in the Land of Make Believe. :lol:

stlrz d
09-14-2009, 07:05 PM

If he thinks the Ravens will supplant the Steelers as AFC North Champs, then he is living in the Land of Make Believe. :lol:

Rumor has it he's got a thing for Lady Elaine Fairchilde.

http://thehostess.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/elaine.jpg

Btw, Lady Elaine's a drinker...you can tell by the red nose and cheeks.

Just as an aside, yinz knew Fred was almost a Burgher, right? He was born in Latrobe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers).

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":1sttxow5]I was looking at his picture closely the other day and I thought he kind of looked like Mr. Rogers.

Just as an aside, yinz knew Fred was almost a Burgher, right? He was born in Latrobe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers).[/quote:1sttxow5]

Didnt Mr. Rogers have a marionette called RayRay? :D

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM

Just as an aside, yinz knew Fred was almost a Burgher, right? He was born in Latrobe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers).

My favorite beer, Rolling Rock, comes from Latrobe too. What an important little town :!:

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
[quote=ASIAN]What's scares me is the Rice/McClain tandem. This could pound us this season. Glad we don't get them until later into the year, gives us time to heal up a bit. I'm really not worried about Bert... Woodley and Harrison will plant him several times this season.

Just as an aside, yinz knew Fred was almost a Burgher, right? He was born in Latrobe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers).[/quote:1gimnukb]

Yes...I knew this. A few years ago I when I took my son to a Steeler game at Heinz for the first time, we also went to the zoo and the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh that weekend. There is a an exhibit there with a whole bunch of the stuff from the set of the original TV show.

stlrz d
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
And don't forget that Arnold Palmtree (of Flintstones fame) was also from Latrobe...rock. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
[quote="stlrz d":9wxozcxu]

My favorite beer, Rolling Rock, comes from Latrobe too. What an important little town :!:[/quote:9wxozcxu]

When Anheiser-Busch bought Rolling Rock, they shut down the Latrobe brewery. Rolling Rock is now brewed in New Freaking Jersey.

JTP53609
09-16-2009, 03:59 PM
i dont want to be down on mendy, he may turn out to be good, and gosh knows he does not have a line to run behind, but i was wanting rice to be picked and we passed, that may hurt us down the line, i always like him at rutgers...

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 08:08 AM
that game was killing me, i wanted them to lose so badly, flacco is the real deal unfortunately for us....he will be good for years to come, he is no big ben but he is the best thing to ever happen for the crap city of baltiwhore