PDA

View Full Version : Key Fox

NorthCoast
09-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Haven't read alot of comments about his game but he finished with a Steelers high 10 tackles. He may not have the coverage skills of Timmons but I am very comfortable with him in there. I see very little drop off with Fox in there for Timmons so no need to rush him back.....(not a Timmons-hater, just a little concerned about his run-stopping.)

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Fox can play the Foote role, and play it well. Timmons, when healthy, will be the force we all expect him to be.

When we let Foote go, I wasn't worried about the starting ILB job, because I know that Timmons would be as good, if not better, than Foote could ever be. At the time, I was worried somewhat about the lack of depth in the LB corps, though. Now that Fox has emerged as more than just a special teams demon, those worries have ceased to exist.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Haven't read alot of comments about his game but he finished with a Steelers high 10 tackles. He may not have the coverage skills of Timmons but I am very comfortable with him in there. I see very little drop off with Fox in there for Timmons so no need to rush him back.....(not a Timmons-hater, just a little concerned about his run-stopping.)

I think that Fox can be steady, but Timmons could be a game changer.

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Fox may not be a game changer with splash plays but he has been Farrioresque in that he makes tackles in the backfield on 3rd and 1.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Fox did have a good game. Heads up play when he picked up the fumble created when Harrison hit their TE. Only thing I noticed was a few plays where we gave up some yardage when he was out of position in coverage....but I would guess that is to be expected in a first real start. Key Fox could end up taking over Farriors spot as he can make the calls for the D.

phillyesq
09-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Even when Timmons comes back, I'd like to see Fox get some plays with the base defense. Let Fox make some hits and take some of the abuse in the running game, and then unleash a fresh Timmons in passing situations.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Even when Timmons comes back, I'd like to see Fox get some plays with the base defense. Let Fox make some hits and take some of the abuse in the running game, and then unleash a fresh Timmons in passing situations.
:Agree Fox can go in on obvious running downs and Timmons can stay a tad bit fresher.

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
So now Timmons, our expected breakout player of the year, is going back to a timeshare arrangement with the ILB position? :stirpot

steelsun7
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
ahhhhhhh yes