PDA

View Full Version : The Madden Curse

Djfan
09-12-2009, 10:06 PM
2001: Eddie George. No injury, but played well below previous year's output.
2002: Daunte Culpepper(notes). Missed five games, played poorly.
2003: Marshall Faulk(notes). Missed six games. Never ran for 1,000 yards again.
2004: Michael Vick(notes). Broke his leg, missed 11 games.
2005: Ray Lewis(notes). Missed only one game.
2006: Donovan McNabb(notes). Missed last seven games of the season.
2007: Shaun Alexander(notes). Broke his foot, missed six games.
2008: Vince Young(notes). Missed one game. But things didn't go well.
2009: Brett Favre(notes). Missed no games. But did become insufferable.
2010: Troy Polamalu. Out 3-6 weeks with a knee injury.
2010: Larry Fitzgerald: TBD.

Now I really hate the guy.

skyhawk
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
:HeadBanger

DkBlue
09-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Actually, the curse of the towel is the one that worked. Tennessee has been in two big games since those retards stomped the towel and they have lost both.

Djfan
09-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Actually, the curse of the towel is the one that worked. Tennessee has been in two big games since those retards stomped the towel and they have lost both.

Wow, two curses in one game.

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2009, 11:23 PM
The only curse involved with the Polamalu injury was the cursing that Steeler fans did when they found out that he would not be returning to the game and may be out for several weeks.

proudpittsburgher
09-14-2009, 09:39 AM
So, since Troy is uot for 6 weeks, and he split the cover twith Fitz, does that mean Fitz is gonna miss 6 games?

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2009, 09:43 AM
So, since Troy is uot for 6 weeks, and he split the cover twith Fitz, does that mean Fitz is gonna miss 6 games?

No. His punishment is to remain healthy, and therefore to personally experience a bunch of losses to teams like San Francisco (at home nonetheless).

proudpittsburgher
09-14-2009, 10:07 AM

No. His punishment is to remain healthy, and therefore to personally experience a bunch of losses to teams like San Francisco (at home nonetheless).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

calmkiller
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Do you believe now?

Iron Shiek
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Yeah but you forget when they reversed this curse? Remember they had some player on their team do some philanthropic offering and fund raiser for the cause that the Terrible Towel represents, and they suddenly went on to win 6 in a row. I'm just saying.

JAR
01-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I put a curse on each of the teams we needed to win yesterday, that, if they lost, they would be cursed. When Welker went out, I said, well that means the ***s are going to lose, then Charlie Frye went out.... Ochocinco had an mri on his knee...

Don't ever screw with one of my curses!!! :D

skyhawk
01-04-2010, 08:30 PM
I feel it's the curse of Head and Shoulders :lol:

Troy is now Mister Glass.

stlrz d
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Do you believe now?

No. How many big name players were lost this season who weren't on the cover?

Football is a violent game...injuries happen.

Star players are star players because they make a lot of plays, and subsequently, are even more exposed to injury possibilities.

calmkiller
01-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Do you believe now?

Star players are star players because they make a lot of plays, and subsequently, are even more exposed to injury possibilities.

nope its Madden.

stlrz d
01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Do you believe now?

nope its Madden.

Nice work...you've convinced me.

SteelerSal
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
[quote=calmkiller]Do you believe now?

nope its Madden.

Nice work...you've convinced me.[/quote:3m59icdf]

:lol:

I agree. Troy manages to be in about 90% of the plays when on the field. He covers more field per play than any other player on the team.....so his chance of injury is greater.