PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on roster moves

steelerkeylargo
09-12-2009, 10:13 AM
here is what i could see being a distinct possibility. Summers to ps....David Johnson to Fb and Bear Pascoe is signed to replace Johnson at tight end....possibly Pascoe goes to FB and Johnson stays at TE if they like that better. I also wouldnt be shocked to see Spaeth get cut or go to PS.

DrCalculus
09-12-2009, 10:52 AM
here is what i could see being a distinct possibility. Summers to ps....David Johnson to Fb and Bear Pascoe is signed to replace Johnson at tight end....possibly Pascoe goes to FB and Johnson stays at TE if they like that better. I also wouldnt be shocked to see Spaeth get cut or go to PS.

I don't think Spaeth is available for Practice Squad. He's been active for too many games.

Discipline of Steel
09-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I read that article too...Spaeth isnt going anywhere. Eventually he will have his chance to distinguish himself and if he fails, then maybe next year.

ANPSTEEL
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
as has already been stated- Spaeth is not eligible for the practice squad.

In respect to the TE / FB situation....

Arians "the great" :roll: does not have a Full Back in his system. Not sure what system that is- or how it fits with the Steelers' roster... because 44 Frank Summers is clearly listed as the starting FB.

Having said that, Summers clearly has a long way to go in his development as a blocking full back. (personally, i didn't see anything from him during the preseason that made me think he had a whole lot going as a 'running' full back.)

So, if Summers is not the answer as a Blocking FB, your scenario begs the question-
is Johnson viable as a running FB, or for that matter a pass receiving TE???

The question we are really dancing around- is- who is off the roster if Pascoe is signed??

So do you cut a one trick pony: Johnson (blocking TE/FB)
or
The 2x 1/2 trick pony: Summers (sort of run, sort of block)

Here is an idea- if the rumors are true- and the Steelers are really looking at OLine help, in addition to Pascoe...

Both could be gone.