PDA

View Full Version : NFL Commissioner thanks Pittsburgh

fordfixer
09-12-2009, 01:44 AM
NFL Commissioner thanks Pittsburgh

By The Tribune-Review Saturday, September 12, 2009
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 42767.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_642767.html)

Letter from the commish

On behalf of the National Football League, I want to thank the fans and the city of Pittsburgh for helping us kick off the 2009 NFL season in such a memorable fashion.

Nearly 20 million Americans viewed the concert and the game, which ironically was the most-watched sporting event since the Steelers won the Super Bowl last February. Fans around the country were treated to the tremendous passion of Steeler Nation and a taste of your great city.

We could not have showcased these events without your city's support and hospitality. I want to thank Mayor (Luke) Ravenstahl for his leadership and also the numerous city workers who helped stage the week-long activities.

Sincerely,

Roger Goodell

NFL Commissioner

Scarletfire1970
09-12-2009, 08:24 AM
How nice.

I still can't stand Goodell

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Nearly 20 million Americans viewed the concert and the game, which ironically was the most-watched sporting event since the Steelers won the Super Bowl last February.

I don't think that Goodell has a firm grasp the term "irony"...what about that scenario is ironic whatsoever?

Is anyone surprised that the Super Bowl and the first game of NFL season in prime time will have higher TV ratings than any baseball game, the basketball playoffs, the hockey playoffs, any NASCAR race, any tennis event, any golf event, any horse race, etc.? Is it supposed to be ironic that the Steelers were featured in both games? Since the NFL has made it a standard practice this decade to schedule the first game of the season at the home of the Super Bowl champion on prime time Thursday, it is not even coincidental like those Alanis Morrissette lyrics.

Djfan
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM
How nice.

Man, you beat me to it. He sucks, but it is still a nice gesture.

kennyes
09-13-2009, 02:02 AM
How nice.

:lol: