PDA

View Full Version : Ben gets his due

Oviedo
09-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Don't know if anyone was listening to Colin Cowherd today but he had Len Pasquiale(sp?) on and both of them pretty much said that anyone who can't see that ben is one of the top 4 QB in the NFL is an idiot. Pretty much ripped on the Fantasy Football geeks who are in love with the "stats accumulators" versus a real winner like Ben.

Pasquiale even said that the game winning pass to Santonio in the Super Bowl was the greatest play in NFL history.

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 03:05 PM
there isnt any other qb i would rather have then ben. we are very very lucky to have him.

Steelgal
09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I didn't hear that part, but at the beginning of his show he talked about 2 'phantom' calls made last night in the game that we b.s.. One was the pass interference call on us. he said the refs are making calls on what they think happened instead of what actually happened. I'm not sure what the 2nd call was he was referencing, I didn't hear all of it.

he also said he was getting a bunch of emails about fans complaining the OT rules and that it's ridiculous. He said this system is better than what they have in college and only the losing fans complain. But he said if their kicker wouldn't have muffed a 37 yard field goal, it would have been a different outcome.

papillon
09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
there isnt any other qb i would rather have then ben. we are very very lucky to have him.

I was talking with a childhood friend last night after the game; we attended games together in the 70s and we both agree that this is the most exciting Steeler football that has ever been played. There is nothing like the adrenaline rush that this team gives me almost every time they step on the field.

I am fully prepared to enjoy Ben's career, because, it may be a short one. I've made the analogy before to a firework, it fires, shines brightly and beautifully and then it's done. I believe that Ben's style of play is going to cause his career to shine brightly, but only briefly, I suggest we all sit back and enjoy the show.

Pappy

Oviedo
09-11-2009, 03:29 PM

I was talking with a childhood friend last night after the game; we attended games together in the 70s and we both agree that this is the most exciting Steeler football that has ever been played. There is nothing like the adrenaline rush that this team gives me almost every time they step on the field.

I am fully prepared to enjoy Ben's career, because, it may be a short one. I've made the analogy before to a firework, it fires, shines brightly and beautifully and then it's done. I believe that Ben's style of play is going to cause his career to shine brightly, but only briefly, I suggest we all sit back and enjoy the show.

Pappy

Are you suggesting we draft Tim Tebow next year?

AngryAsian
09-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Pappy

I would absolutely **** eggrolls, if that were to happen.... but it won't. You don't get to draft a talent like Tebow from the 32nd spot. :wink:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure what the 2nd call was he was referencing, I didn't hear all of it.

I assume that the second was the holding call on Starks. The guy fell on his own to the ground and Starks barely even helped him down. Even worse was a similar phantom hold on the other side of the ball that was let go and I think it was the very next series.

NW Steeler
09-11-2009, 05:32 PM

Pappy

I would absolutely **** eggrolls, if that were to happen.... but it won't. You don't get to draft a talent like Tebow from the 32nd spot. :wink:

That was funny, but now I don't think I can ever eat another eggroll.....

Chachi
09-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Don't know if anyone was listening to Colin Cowherd today but he had Len Pasquiale(sp?) on and both of them pretty much said that anyone who can't see that ben is one of the top 4 QB in the NFL is an idiot. Pretty much ripped on the Fantasy Football geeks who are in love with the "stats accumulators" versus a real winner like Ben.

Pasquiale even said that the game winning pass to Santonio in the Super Bowl was the greatest play in NFL history.

You can go listen to the parts from today at his page...

Scroll down to "Show in Review"

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd

Chachi
09-11-2009, 08:17 PM
It's Sal Paolantonio, not Len P.

Sal says, among other things:

--Tomlin combines Tony Dungy's ability to talk to and connect with players with the passionate veracity for the game of Jon Gruden. Says,"right now", Tomlin is the best coach in the NFL.

--Calls Roethlisberger/Holmes TD in SB XLIII "the best play in superbowl history".

--Basically says Ben is.....legendary. He puts him right up there with.....Johnny Unitas......Bart Starr......Joe Montana......and Tom Brady.

Are we sure Sal Pal isn't from Pittsburgh?

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure what the 2nd call was he was referencing, I didn't hear all of it.

I assume that the second was the holding call on Starks. The guy fell on his own to the ground and Starks barely even helped him down. Even worse was a similar phantom hold on the other side of the ball that was let go and I think it was the very next series.

What's really lame is O linemen are taught to fall on a guy if he goes down, which is what Starks did. And it's legal.

BS call.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-12-2009, 12:19 PM
[quote=Steelgal]I'm not sure what the 2nd call was he was referencing, I didn't hear all of it.

What's really lame is O linemen are taught to fall on a guy if he goes down, which is what Starks did. And it's legal.

BS call.[/quote:2mwq4d2o]

It is funny listening to Michaels without Madden. In SB XL Madden whined about every penalty on Seattle and Michaels agreed. Now, not in the fat man's large shadow, both he and Collinsworth called out the Troy PI call and the Starks holding call.

Coincidentally, the Starks phantom hold negated our best run play of the night.

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
It's Sal Paolantonio, not Len P.

Sal says, among other things:

--Tomlin combines Tony Dungy's ability to talk to and connect with players with the passionate veracity for the game of Jon Gruden. Says,"right now", Tomlin is the best coach in the NFL.

--Calls Roethlisberger/Holmes TD in SB XLIII "the best play in superbowl history".

--Basically says Ben is.....legendary. He puts him right up there with.....Johnny Unitas......Bart Starr......Joe Montana......and Tom Brady.

Are we sure Sal Pal isn't from Pittsburgh?

Dayum...I like me some Steeler Kool-Aid, but even I wouldn't go quite that far.

You get some fools that won't even put Ben among the top 5 in the AFC right now, never mind top 5 all time.

stlrz d
09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Sal Pal is from Philly I believe.

papillon
09-12-2009, 08:55 PM

Pappy

Only to play fullback...

Pappy

stlrz d
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM

Pappy

Only to play fullback...

Pappy

Can he play center?

we do still need one you know.

skyhawk
09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
The next series after Starks holding call, Harrison was hog tied and tackled as he was about to get in Collins' face. No call.

Now THAT was BS.