PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda

Jigawatts
09-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I know there's not too many of these kind of posters around here anymore, but does
anyone still think this guy is a wasted 4th round pick?

I think we should set up a charity where people can donate money to send a
super model masseuse to Sepulveda's house three times a week to rub his ACL.

Oviedo
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Only stupid people who don't understand the importnace of field position in a football game. Sepulveda forced the Titans into long fields all night long. The guy is a weapon. Like I have said before, he will have the ball in his hands for more critical plays than most anyone on the team every single game. That is well worth a 4th round draft pick.

SteelerNation1
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Only stupid people who don't understand the importnace of field position in a football game.
Ed Bouchette? :lol:

Oviedo
09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Only stupid people who don't understand the importnace of field position in a football game.
Ed Bouchette? :lol:

He usually fits the criteria. If not for access to "inside" information he would be dumber than some of the posters on this board :wink:

Mel Blount's G
09-11-2009, 02:58 PM
The punter did his job last night. Nothing really over the top about it imo except for the fact that us Steeler fans thought anything over 30 yards was a good punt last year. There are quite a few non-4th round (or higher) punters in this league that also do their job. It was a great start to the season for Sepulverizer though and I'm sure he, as well as the team, benefited from the boost in confidence after wearing Duce Staley's sweat suit for a year

Tomlinator
09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Of course he sucks!

Forget the booming punts, he's built like a linebacker and needs to play like one!

Until he can kick it 50 yards and go down and make the hit, he's a wasted 4th round pick!

Or something like that. :D

Hey, we only won by 3 points. No one should escape the Steeler Nation Inquisition.

Tomlinator
09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Of course he sucks!

Forget the booming punts, he's built like a linebacker and needs to play like one!

Until he can kick it 50 yards and go down and make the hit, he's a wasted 4th round pick!

Or something like that. :D

Hey, we only won by 3 points. No one should escape the Steeler Nation Inquisition.

Lonbull
09-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I know there's not too many of these kind of posters around here anymore, but does

It's slightly unclear - do you think he was a wasted 4th round pick?

And if so - why?

For example - I'd be interested in hearing what player(s) you would have preferred in that draft - or in what direction you would have liked the Steelers to go.

Also how would you have handled the punting void without Sepulveda?

Inquiring minds......

L.B.

SidSmythe
09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I never had a problem w/ Sepulveda in the 4th round.

We've taken much worse players in earlier rounds, might as well take a slam dunk in the 4th

anjang86
09-12-2009, 12:37 AM
I like the pick. Not only because he's a heck of a punter, but he's also a good special teams player. Who else should we have taken at that point? I really don't think you'll see much more success from a 4th round pick.

Slapstick
09-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Uhh...that was Hentrich who shanked a punt at a crucial point in the game, not Sepulveda...Sepulveda averaged 40+ net per punt and dropped 4 of them inside the 20...

What exactly are you looking for?

Jooser
09-12-2009, 09:40 AM
It is sooo nice to have Dan back this year, he kicks like a mule and then some!

Jigawatts
09-12-2009, 11:32 AM

It's slightly unclear - do you think he was a wasted 4th round pick?

And if so - why?

For example - I'd be interested in hearing what player(s) you would have preferred in that draft - or in what direction you would have liked the Steelers to go.

Also how would you have handled the punting void without Sepulveda?

Inquiring minds......

L.B.

No L.B., I never thought Sepulveda was a wasted pick. I was actually hoping we'd pick
him. Although I didn't think we'd draft him as high as we did, I've been defending that
decision since the Trib days. It seems like some people just don't get the importance
of field position. I'm sure you can remember a few of those posters names. :wink:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Not just a fourth...but a fourth and sixth because we used the sixth to trade up for him. :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Not just a fourth...but a fourth and sixth because we used the sixth to trade up for him. :stirpot

A 4th and a 6th ain't much for a field position weapon on our team for a decade or more.

Those 4th and 6th round picks could have been the likes of:

Orien Harris and Marvin Philip
Matthias Nkwenti and Roger Knight
Danny Farmer and Chris Combs
Carlos King and Ryan Olsen
Jahine Arnold and Spence Fischer
Donta Jones and Barron Miles

I'd rather have Sepulveda than all 12 of those 4th and 6th round picks combined!