PDA

View Full Version : Get Urbik in there

Shoe
09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
If that is a preview of our O-line's play this year (which basically is, more of the same of last year), get the guy in there with the most potential to excel--that is Urbik.

Not that Urbik is Bruce Matthews, but it's just so frustrating to watch this running attack. I have no clue why we locked up so much of this line (Starks, Kemo, Hartwig). You know one of the worst things: these fatboys, where being stout and knocking people off the ball should be our forte, it's our weakness... :wft

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
the fact that urbik isnt out there says something imo. he is obviously not the best player at guard or he would start

Shoe
09-11-2009, 11:48 AM
the fact that urbik isnt out there says something imo. he is obviously not the best player at guard or he would start

You know what frank... you're right. They probably don't trust him yet--but c'mon, if he has any potential, it's gotta be at least comparable to what these guys put out there. Freakin Colon was getting bull-rushed all day. Essex was getting smoked by that guy. Hartwig too. Kemo I'm sure missed his share of blocks. (I'll give Starks a pass--he was serviceable.)

phillyesq
09-11-2009, 12:23 PM

You know what frank... you're right. They probably don't trust him yet--but c'mon, if he has any potential, it's gotta be at least comparable to what these guys put out there. Freakin Colon was getting bull-rushed all day. Essex was getting smoked by that guy. Hartwig too. Kemo I'm sure missed his share of blocks. (I'll give Starks a pass--he was serviceable.)

I thought that Colon actually played a good game -- I think he was the best of the bunch.

Urbik did nothing in camp or during the preseason to push for playing time. He may have potential, but he has a long way to go. Throwing him into the mix now would be foolish, IMO.

I originally thought that if he progressed, he might take over by midseason. It still wouldn't surprise me to see somebody replace Essex, but that somebody could end up being either Legursky or Foster.

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2009, 12:34 PM
I think Urbik and Hills could be the RG and RT of the future, but plugging in inexperienced guys right now is not the immediate answer. They have signed their LT, LG, and C to extensions, so the only changes on the horizon appear to be at RG and RT. Essex is not the long term solution. He's a versatile utiliy o-lineman but is not starter quality for the long term. However, he is better than Urbik right now, so Trai is playing (by default, more or less). Perhaps the rook will be ready in year two, but not now. Colon is certainly better than Hills right now, but Willie may not be in the long term plans with so many other contracts coming up at the same time. Perhaps we are able to keep him for one more year with another RFA tag if there is no CBA (since the requirement for unrestricted free agency would be 6 years instead of 4 in that case).

SidSmythe
09-11-2009, 12:37 PM
obviously Legursky and Foster are better than Urbik at this point b/c they both dressed for the game.

Vindrow
09-11-2009, 01:32 PM
obviously Legursky and Foster are better than Urbik at this point b/c they both dressed for the game.

This...hell take Essex and Kemo out and put in Legursky and Foster and see how things go...they certainly couldn't go any worse than they did last night.