PDA

View Full Version : Waaa....Titan Crybaby

Iron Shiek
09-11-2009, 10:57 AM
What a puss...this is football douche...I don't care how long you've been playing. Quit crying.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/11/scaife-unhappy-with-harrison-hit/

Scaife unhappy with Harrison hit
Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2009 8:49 AM ET
Count Titans tight end Bo Scaife among the NFL players who agree with Maurice Jones-Drew's recent tirade regarding low hits.

Of course, Scaife might not have cared much about the issue before Thursday night. But after he took a low hit on Thursday night from Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Scaife is singing a different tune.

"He dove at my leg," Scaife said, per the Tennessean. "It was a cheap shot."

At first, we thought Scaife was whining over a clean tackle that left him "badly limping" in the locker room. But after re-reviewing the play, we see his point.

Scaife ran a short out route to the left side of the field. Harrison, after disrupting slot receiver Justin Gage's pattern with a quick bump, covered the short zone into which Scaife hand entered.

As Scaife caught the ball, Harrison assumed full-blown torpedo mode, even though Harrison could have blown up Scaife, who had his back turned while catching the pass, at pad level.

The end result? Harrison went head first into Scaife's lower extremities, clamping onto his left ankle and apparently causing a hyperextension of the knee.

"I have been playing my whole life and no one has ever hit me like that," Scaife said. "So I know when it is real and when it is not real. So it was a cheap shot and I don't care if that gets back to him either.''

Harrison likely doesn't care about what Scaife thinks. It was a clean hit within the letter of the rules. But, still, it wasn't necessary for Harrison to go low in that specific case.

Low hits are a fact of life in football. In some circumstances, however, there's no need to aim for the joints most responsible for the player's ability to earn a living.

Permalink 51 Comments RSS feed for comments Latest stories in: Injuries, Latest News and Rumors, NFL Mobile Exclusives - Injuries, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories

Oviedo
09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Just as cheap as diving on Troy's knee which was no where near the ball.

papillon
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Boo-f'ing-Hoo... :Binky :Binky

Pappy

Northern_Blitz
09-11-2009, 11:08 AM
That's a text book tackle. You are supposed to wrap up a guys legs.

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
That's a text book tackle. You are supposed to wrap up a guys legs.

it is text book and to use the phrase "cheap shot" is very irresponsible. what a little beeeyotch

NWNewell
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
What a puss...this is football douche...I don't care how long you've been playing. Quit crying.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/11/scaife-unhappy-with-harrison-hit/

Count Titans tight end Bo Scaife among the NFL players who agree with Maurice Jones-Drew's recent tirade regarding low hits.

Of course, Scaife might not have cared much about the issue before Thursday night. But after he took a low hit on Thursday night from Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Scaife is singing a different tune.

"He dove at my leg," Scaife said, per the Tennessean. "It was a cheap shot."

At first, we thought Scaife was whining over a clean tackle that left him "badly limping" in the locker room. But after re-reviewing the play, we see his point.

Scaife ran a short out route to the left side of the field. Harrison, after disrupting slot receiver Justin Gage's pattern with a quick bump, covered the short zone into which Scaife hand entered.

As Scaife caught the ball, Harrison assumed full-blown torpedo mode, even though Harrison could have blown up Scaife, who had his back turned while catching the pass, at pad level.

The end result? Harrison went head first into Scaife's lower extremities, clamping onto his left ankle and apparently causing a hyperextension of the knee.

"I have been playing my whole life and no one has ever hit me like that," Scaife said. "So I know when it is real and when it is not real. So it was a cheap shot and I don't care if that gets back to him either.''

Harrison likely doesn't care about what Scaife thinks. It was a clean hit within the letter of the rules. But, still, it wasn't necessary for Harrison to go low in that specific case.

Low hits are a fact of life in football. In some circumstances, however, there's no need to aim for the joints most responsible for the player's ability to earn a living.

Permalink 51 Comments RSS feed for comments Latest stories in: Injuries, Latest News and Rumors, NFL Mobile Exclusives - Injuries, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories

It's called a tackle, jack. 90% of open field tackles are made at the legs.

It was unfortunate that he got hurt, but that's football. **** happens.

Suck it up and move on. Tennessee is suppose to be a tough team, but it seems they'ed rather play flag football.

papillon
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
He reminds of Jeremy Stevens from the Seahawks just a tad whiny. Not only does Silverback not care, but, I'm sure Silverback would like to run into him again just for some laughs for old times sake. :P

Pappy

phillyesq
09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
He is a big guy. He almost certainly outweighs Silverback. When Troy hit him high, Troy got taken for a bit of a ride. With a big guy, you hit him low.

I don't seem to recall defenders lining up to hit Bettis around should level. Same thing here.

He is just trying to make an excuse for fumbling.

Mel Blount's G
09-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Wow. That statement is absolutely classless. If the Tits were half the org the we are, someone on that team would step up in the media and say publicly that Beau was out of line saying that and he should be much more worried about not handing the ball to the other team when he gets tackled and feels a little boo boo. That hurt the team waaay more than Harrison's low tackle. If they had any kind of leadership on that team, THAT's what would be said next in the media from the tittie org.

And by the way, ironically, I know some very close people who are die-hard SD fans that feel quite strongly that Jeff Fisher called for the shot to Shaun Merriman's knees, which ended his season and may have derailed his career, after merriman apparently hurt Vince Young with a late hit during a dolts/titty game. Obviously I don't buy that (or care for that matter) but there are a few charger zealots who firmly believe it.

Shoe
09-11-2009, 11:57 AM

Who is this douche to say what is necessary and what is not?! You are gaught in innumerable body positions in a football game. If you're going for a tackle, and you stumble just a bit, or you hesitate for a split second, it's gonna throw your momentum off--if that happens, you won't make a form tackle. To say that it wasn't necessary implies that he deliberately went for the knee--which is BULL$HIT.

Now on Scaife's POV, I can see being upset. (Truthfully, I'd be pissed too.) Doesn't make it dirty though.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
So...you can't tackle by the back of the shoulder pads. Can't tackle when your face is driven into a player like we were all taught in pee wee football, can't hit the guy in the head at all, can't hit the guy when he isn't looking, can't hit the guy below the knee.....so you have to now tackle everyone between the shoulder pads and belly button or it is a cheap shot. :nono

What a nancy-girl! :roll:

fezziwig
09-11-2009, 12:26 PM
If Greenbay is on their schedule, maybe they can then get some cheese for that Whine ?

proudpittsburgher
09-11-2009, 12:31 PM
James Harriason and Bo in a back alley. Wanna settle it, Bo? Go for it.

SidSmythe
09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
You gotta be kidding me.

When it comes to tackling, you do what you can to get a guy down. If you wanna see a textbook tackle, don't move.

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Certainly an awkward tackle. I don't think it was a cheap shot. Chump luck for him.

Landing on Troy's knee was also not a cheap shot. Sucks. But it happens.

This reminds me of when Hines hurt his knee last year when someone dragged him backwards and his knee got caught up and sprained. Did he complain?

Vindrow
09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
WTF!!! So, according to Bo boy its a dirty shot to tackle someone by their legs or dive at them....If thats the case then I guess every defensive player is a dirty player since they all do that...saw some Titans players do it last night as well.

Bo boy need to stop crying and play football if he can't then get out of the game.

BOO HOO.

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:42 PM
WTF!!! So, according to Bo boy its a dirty shot to tackle someone by their legs or dive at them....If thats the case then I guess every defensive player is a dirty player since they all do that...saw some Titans players do it last night as well.

Bo boy need to stop crying and play football if he can't then get out of the game.

BOO HOO.

Hot avatar pic :P

Mel Blount's G
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Certainly an awkward tackle. I don't think it was a cheap shot. Chump luck for him.

Landing on Troy's knee was also not a cheap shot. Sucks. But it happens.

This reminds me of when Hines hurt his knee last year when someone dragged him backwards and his knee got caught up and sprained. Did he complain?
No, because the Steelers are football players, not synchronized swimmers, and they know it. And if he'd a whined about it to the media, saying he got tackled improperly and that it was cheap, the steeler org, from Tomlin down to Jeff Reed down to us fans, would have tore him a new one and pointed out that he was being a sissy in a man's game. I insist that this episode of Beau's taints that whole titan organization unless someone, a coach, FO guy, player, etc.. rebukes Baby Beau publicly for his childish outburst. Hell, would you pop warner coaches even approve if your kids were crying "cheap shot" due to an injury from this type of legal low tackle? I also suggest this poor attitude comes from the top down. We try to emulate our leaders, football teams their coaches. For example, Tomlin = professional, courteous, classy yet very little bs with the press. Our current steeler team = very much the same. Fisher? Must be a whining, classless b!tch like his followers Beau and LenWhale

Honestly, this is for Titty FANS to whine about on their message boards. And nothing more.

feltdizz
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
move your legs if you don't want to get hit low...

bring out the flags already...

Steel Life
09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
FYI...Fisher had no problem with the tackle..."Fisher was asked Friday if he agreed with Scaife's assessment. The coach's answer was short: No."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... z0Qr9IBXID (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/11/titans.scaife.ap/index.html#ixzz0Qr9IBXID)

buckeyehoppy
09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
BOO-HOO Scaife...

:wft game does this little panty waist think he's playing? Freaking hopscotch? What a freaking pu$$y!!!

Do a little of this, BOO-Hoo Scaife... :Binky :Binky :Binky

:owned :owned :owned

buckeyehoppy
09-12-2009, 12:11 AM
FYI...Fisher had no problem with the tackle..."Fisher was asked Friday if he agreed with Scaife's assessment. The coach's answer was short: No."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... z0Qr9IBXID (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/11/titans.scaife.ap/index.html#ixzz0Qr9IBXID)

That's because:
a) Fisher has class, unlike some of his players. And...
b) Fisher was a no-nonsense, lay-the-wood player when he played.

Too bad Fisher's style of play doesn't rub off on his cream puff players...he'd probably have a SB ring by now. Tough luck happens, Bucko!

Jooser
09-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I guess the alternative would've been Jimmy Hate hitting him helmet to helmet, in which case we'd have had to start a R.I.P. Bo Scaife thread.... :D