PDA

View Full Version : 9 catches for 131 yards and a touchdown. Sound familiar?

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Everyone has been talking about how Santonio needs to carry the momentum of his incredible postseason performance last year into the regular season this year.

What better way to do it than to have the exact same stat line in the opening game of the season that you had in your last game, a Super Bowl MVP winning performance?

2-1-09: 9-131-1
9-10-09: 9-131-1

Concidence? Or something more...

:tt2 :tt1

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/45b8eb19-9c63-47e9-a02a-796e41b0ed93.jpg http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/holmes-celeb.jpg

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
thank god i started tone instead of tedd ginn jr. haha sometimes i over think matchups wayyyyyy too much. man holmes is maturing nicely. remember someone on this board said it was a huge mistake moving up to draft holmes? dont mean to call anyone out or anything but even at the time i thought it was humorous

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
thank god i started tone instead of tedd ginn jr. haha sometimes i over think matchups wayyyyyy too much. man holmes is maturing nicely. remember someone on this board said it was a huge mistake moving up to draft holmes? dont mean to call anyone out or anything but even at the time i thought it was humorous

Was that the same guy who said we should have drafted LenDale White? :lol: :lol:

proudpittsburgher
09-11-2009, 02:57 PM

Me too, I switched him into my wr/rb spot at the last second, replacing jonathon stewart. Got twice as many points as toen was projected. :tt2 And I agree, the stats comparison from the super bowl. . . that was just weird.

Mel Blount's G
09-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Good eye on those #'s Ruth. That is actually pretty cool.

Many of us here have been, and are, predicting a big, "break-out" type year for the Tone.