PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Willie.

LasVegasGuy
09-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Another year and you still suck. 13 carries for 19 yards. I could probably get that on accident. It's a shame we had the holding call on your longest run you could have maybe averaged 2 yards a carry instead of 1.5.

Glad this is his last f'in year on the team. I wish I could say the same thing about Arians too. However, after tonight I like my chances.

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 02:04 AM
Dude, Mendenhall sucked. Moore sucked, too. The OL SUCKED big time. Plus, the Titans are a top defense. Give them some credit too.

LasVegasGuy
09-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Dude, Mendenhall sucked. Moore sucked, too. The OL SUCKED big time. Plus, the Titans are a top defense. Give them some credit too.

Been saying it for years. FWP sucks. We have a pretty good defense too last time I checked. Was Lendale 13 for 19. What about Chris Johnson?

All the excuses we make for Willie is amazing. There is a reason he was undrafted out of college.

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 02:21 AM

Been saying it for years. FWP sucks. We have a pretty good defense too last time I checked. Was Lendale 13 for 19. What about Chris Johnson?

All the excuses we make for Willie is amazing. There is a reason he was undrafted out of college.

Perhaps you are right. Johnson didn't have much running room but he made a great cut-back and picked up 30 yards on one play.

Is Moore suited to be the feature back? He did pretty darn good last year when Willie went down. Mendenhall is still a rookie.

Snatch98
09-11-2009, 02:25 AM

We do have a very good defense but the Titans also have a very stout offensive line and Johnson can make guys miss something Parker doesn't do as often as he should. I'm not going to throw Willie under the bus considering the Titans run defense. If he continue to suck fine but for now I'm happy with the "W" and we'll see how he does against lesser defenses. He still needs the holes and they just werent there....

Starlifter
09-11-2009, 02:34 AM
i don't fault willie for not squeezing through holes that weren't there BUT there were a few occasions when he was open with 1 guy to beat. he went down easy, didn't make anyone miss, didn't have any good cuts, and didn't overpower a DB. that's squarely on WP (formerly FWP).

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Yeah, some middle aged, bloated blow hard could run against 8 and 9 in the box.

:roll:

proudpittsburgher
09-11-2009, 06:53 AM
i don't fault willie for not squeezing through holes that weren't there BUT there were a few occasions when he was open with 1 guy to beat. he went down easy, didn't make anyone miss, didn't have any good cuts, and didn't overpower a DB. that's squarely on WP (formerly FWP).

Starlifter, you said it perfectly, and objectively. LVG, take notes.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-11-2009, 07:07 AM

Perhaps you are right. Johnson didn't have much running room but he made a great cut-back and picked up 30 yards on one play.

Is Moore suited to be the feature back? He did pretty darn good last year when Willie went down. Mendenhall is still a rookie.

I noticed multiple times Parker should have bounced it when there was no hole and he didn't, and when there was a slight hole he would cut the wrong way off a block where he could have gained another 5 or 10 yards. Dude just has horrible field vision and doesn't know when to bounce it. He is supposedly almost as fast as Chris Johnson, but looked about as fast as Frank Summers. Bounce it dude...you used to in a heartbeat and that is what made you good!

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 07:20 AM
its not all fwp's fault. the o-lines run blocking was terrible and like people have said in this thread we played the titans not the lions. they have an excellent run defense. moore didnt do anything and neither did mendy so do they all suck? and i thought arians called a great second half. they didnt totally abandon the run but came close which is what they should of done. they were having no success on the ground so they went pass happy and put the game on ben's shoulders which was the right decision

Starlifter
09-11-2009, 07:22 AM

I'll have to watch the game again today now that i've calmed down but I don't believe they were still stacking the box in the 4th quarter. we had 24 yards total in the second half. i'm thrilled for the win but we still need mucho work with the o-line and our backs.

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 07:30 AM

I noticed multiple times Parker should have bounced it when there was no hole and he didn't, and when there was a slight hole he would cut the wrong way off a block where he could have gained another 5 or 10 yards. Dude just has horrible field vision and doesn't know when to bounce it. He is supposedly almost as fast as Chris Johnson, but looked about as fast as Frank Summers. Bounce it dude...you used to in a heartbeat and that is what made you good!

Did you catch the edge D though? Anytime he tried to bounce it outside someone was there.

The opposition is getting paid to play too.

It didn't matter who was in the backfield...the run blocking was horrid and a lot of that had to do with the Titans' scheme. Yes it was our O line too...we all know that...but the Titans were 6th against the run last year for a reason. Good team and good scheme.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-11-2009, 07:52 AM
[quote=skyhawk]Dude, Mendenhall sucked. Moore sucked, too. The OL SUCKED big time. Plus, the Titans are a top defense. Give them some credit too.

Did you catch the edge D though? Anytime he tried to bounce it outside someone was there.

The opposition is getting paid to play too.

It didn't matter who was in the backfield...the run blocking was horrid and a lot of that had to do with the Titans' scheme. Yes it was our O line too...we all know that...but the Titans were 6th against the run last year for a reason. Good team and good scheme.[/quote:2n690l83]

watch the replay of the game, it is the hesitation that is screwing him. by the time he decides to bounce it someone comes around off the edge but there were plenty of times where he went to where the hole should be, it was clogged, and yet he would jitter step around waiting for it to develop. He was much more effective when he would bounce it to the sideline and take it upfield.

steelz09
09-11-2009, 09:03 AM

LVG,

I actually agree with you on this one. FWP looked terrible last night. Redman, Summers, Mendenhall, Moore, Carey Davis, etc. Any one of them could have had the same results or better than what Parker did last night.

He's not a good inside runner, PERIOD. Never has been, never will be. He should be used for excuslively on outside runes (ala the days when Bettis was primary RB)

Now, I don't know if I'll say that "he sucks" because the offensive line was absolutely terrible in run blocking last now. However, he did have some gaping holes and he missed them. He lacks good vision, we all know this.

What frustrated me more than anything last night about FWP is that he tip toed to the line of scrimmage on several occasions.

proudpittsburgher
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM

LVG,

I actually agree with you on this one. FWP looked terrible last night. Redman, Summers, Mendenhall, Moore, Carey Davis, etc. Any one of them could have had the same results or better than what Parker did last night.

He's not a good inside runner, PERIOD. Never has been, never will be. He should be used for excuslively on outside runes (ala the days when Bettis was primary RB)

Now, I don't know if I'll say that "he sucks" because the offensive line was absolutely terrible in run blocking last now. However, he did have some gaping holes and he missed them. He lacks good vision, we all know this.

What frustrated me more than anything last night about FWP is that he tip toed to the line of scrimmage on several occasions.

My only beef with Willie was the tip-toeing. It's what makes Mendenhall better for last night's game. I really don't think any back was going to break anything more than four yards with that blocking, willie's hesitation cost him the opportunity to gain something, two yards at least, when he was stopped for a loss or no gain. Get something.

LasVegasGuy
09-11-2009, 10:01 AM

Seriously, a..s...s..munch I like my chances to pull out 19 yards on 13 carries. Stop making excuses for this sorry excuse for a running back and just man up and acknowledge he isn't good and the Steelers f'ed up by keeping him around.

LasVegasGuy
09-11-2009, 10:07 AM

LVG,

It's amazing someone else see's it too. I'm not going to throw the line under the bus because aren't these the same guys we extended in the offseason? It is very possible that because Willie is not effective he makes our line look worse then they are. You can't expect the line to keep holes open forever the same way you can't expect them to hold blocks for 5 to 8 seconds while Ben fake pumps the ball 3 times. I really think it all comes down to we don't have a guy that can hit the hole dead on and pick up 4 and 5 yards a consistently.

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM

Seriously, a..s...s..munch I like my chances to pull out 19 yards on 13 carries. Stop making excuses for this sorry excuse for a running back and just man up and acknowledge he isn't good and the Steelers f'ed up by keeping him around.

i dont know about f'ed up. they have won the 2 sb's with fwp starting and havent paid him all that much money. i think fwp is on the decline but when he has blocking like last season's sd playoff game or the pats game he is good. if they paid him a ton of money and won no sb's i would say they f'ed up

NC Steeler Fan
09-11-2009, 10:18 AM

I agreed with Starlifter too, and at least we pulled Willie in the second half...on the other, don't hold your breath.

LasVegasGuy
09-11-2009, 10:18 AM

i dont know about f'ed up. they have won the 2 sb's with fwp starting and havent paid him all that much money. i think fwp is on the decline but when he has blocking like last season's sd playoff game or the pats game he is good. if they paid him a ton of money and won no sb's i would say they f'ed up

Good running backs make things happen even if the O-line isn't clicking. I don't expect running backs to pull off 100 yards games when the o-line is horrendous but I certainly expect a running back to be better then 13 for 19.

proudpittsburgher
09-11-2009, 10:20 AM

I agreed with Starlifter too, and at least we pulled Willie in the second half...on the other, don't hold your breath.

Honestly, I don't know if willie was pulled for his ineffectiveness as much as Moore was put in to catch the ball out of the backfield. By the time Moore was in late in the game, on a regular basis, the Steelers abandoned the running game and they needed Moore's pass catching ability more than willie's running ability.

NC Steeler Fan
09-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Honestly, I don't know if willie was pulled for his ineffectiveness as much as Moore was put in to catch the ball out of the backfield. By the time Moore was in late in the game, on a regular basis, the Steelers abandoned the running game and they needed Moore's pass catching ability more than willie's running ability.

I think it was both. I was so happy to see Moore catching those short passes, I know that...

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 10:30 AM

Good running backs make things happen even if the O-line isn't clicking. I don't expect running backs to pull off 100 yards games when the o-line is horrendous but I certainly expect a running back to be better then 13 for 19.

i agree he did have a bad game. i would have been satisfied with 50 yards or so considering the oline was so bad. moore didnt do anything either though so that says a lot. moore is a good rb too

AngryAsian
09-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Objectively speaking... FWP has lost a step. There were a couple of plays that the old Willie could of bounced it to the outside and yielded something out of nothing. That's what made him special... but it seems his injuries of the past have altered him. I think Mendenhall and Moore should get some more snaps and see what they're able to do. I think Moore is where we should put our money this season.

Fact: Ben and the no-huddle is just too difficult to stop, and we weren't going against a slouchy defense last night.

Fact: With Moore in there, it gives us more viable options both in the run and especially the passing game. I think Moore's ability to be a really sound utility back would be a boom for our offense ala Brian Westbrook.

Just MO.

PlayForBlood
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
A 2 time pro-bowler, a first round pick and a running back that had a few 100 yd games last year all had no success running last night.

So the blame does not fall on one player :roll:

Chris Johnson runs last night
yards
0 -2 32 3 1 -2 -1 7 17 1 0 -1 2 2
If Parker had that stat line you would still say he sucks, so I guess Chris Johnson sucks too.
You have to give some credit to the opposing teams defense snd some blame to our teams o-line.

grotonsteel
09-11-2009, 11:40 AM

:Clap :Agree

Maybe Willie needs to learn few things from Chris Johnson.

Willie is a sprinter who is slowed down by injuries and age. Time to give carries to Mendy and see what he can do.

Starlifter
09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
By the time Moore was in late in the game, on a regular basis, the Steelers abandoned the running game and they needed Moore's pass catching ability more than willie's running ability.

see, i believe that too. having said that we all need to step back and realize what that means. with the game tied and needing to control the clock and drive the field for a go-ahead score - the PITTSBURGH STEELERS ABANDONED THE RUNNING GAME. if that doesn't send shivers down your spine, I don't know what would. yes, it was only the first game. yes, they're a great defense and were stacking the box. Nevertheless, we weren't down by 3 scores and needed to catch up quickly. the game was TIED - and we felt compelled (after earlier failures) to pass on 3rd and 1.

that's some scary $hit for a steelers team. Hope it's just an aberration.

Shoe
09-11-2009, 11:52 AM

If you've been saying it for years, then you were wrong in those years before '08, and you discount the toughness he has shown in his years. The kid is/was tough and resilient, rising from FA to NFL rushing leader status.

But you are right that he is done, and we all see the same thing: his hesitation, his lack of instincts, inability to move the pile. But to say the guy's been a bum "for years" is inaccurate. We ran the tires off this car; I just hope the staff realizes it.

MeetJoeGreene
09-11-2009, 11:58 AM
:Agree

MeetJoeGreene
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
By the time Moore was in late in the game, on a regular basis, the Steelers abandoned the running game and they needed Moore's pass catching ability more than willie's running ability.

see, i believe that too. having said that we all need to step back and realize what that means. with the game tied and needing to control the clock and drive the field for a go-ahead score - the PITTSBURGH STEELERS ABANDONED THE RUNNING GAME. if that doesn't send shivers down your spine, I don't know what would. yes, it was only the first game. yes, they're a great defense and were stacking the box. Nevertheless, we weren't down by 3 scores and needed to catch up quickly. the game was TIED - and we felt compelled (after earlier failures) to pass on 3rd and 1.

I had the same observation ... with a different conclusion.

Maybe they SHOULD abandon the run... if it works with a wide open offense, lets run it.

I would like to see more of Mendy in that package as I believe he can catch (he probably just can't pick of blitzes like Moore).

NC Steeler Fan
09-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry, I hope I'm wrong, but I still don't think highly of Mendenhall nor am I convinced of his potential at this point.

Hell, given that nothing was working in our running game, I would have LOVED to have seen what Redman would have done under those same conditions.

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:15 PM

Maybe they SHOULD abandon the run... if it works with a wide open offense, lets run it.

I would like to see more of Mendy in that package as I believe he can catch (he probably just can't pick of blitzes like Moore).

They shouldn't abandon the run, but if the Steelers show they can consistently put up big numbers in the passing game (like last night) that might help in their running game and keep teams from putting 7-8 players in the box.

feltdizz
09-11-2009, 01:18 PM

If you've been saying it for years, then you were wrong in those years before '08, and you discount the toughness he has shown in his years. The kid is/was tough and resilient, rising from FA to NFL rushing leader status.

But you are right that he is done, and we all see the same thing: his hesitation, his lack of instincts, inability to move the pile. But to say the guy's been a bum "for years" is inaccurate. We ran the tires off this car; I just hope the staff realizes it.

I was a big FWP defender but dude is done.. I don't want my starting RB to need all 11 guys blocked for him to gain yards...

I just don't understand why it takes 12 steps for him to cut back.. effeWP has a bad habit of needing to run into guys to realize a hole isn't there..just bounce outside already...he needs to take some salsa lessons or something..

and shoe.. why were you acting like a child in the chat room signing in and out when the game was on the line? that was lame..

Snatch98
09-11-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry, I hope I'm wrong, but I still don't think highly of Mendenhall nor am I convinced of his potential at this point.

Hell, given that nothing was working in our running game, I would have LOVED to have seen what Redman would have done under those same conditions.

Absolutely nothing is what Redman would have done. Mendenhall needs more carries. We spent a first round pick on him for a reason. Tomlin just doesn't want to throw Willie under the bus for confidence reasons. Also assuming this isn't already obvious to sum but Big Ben is more than capable in those short yardage situations to pick up the necessary yards. As someone else has already pointed out Tom Brady on a 3rd and 1 or 3rd in two 9 times out of 10 is back to pass. We played one game people, against a top AFC team. Let the guys that MADE THE TEAM prove or not prove themselves before we start calling for the scrub warrior.

proudpittsburgher
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM

They shouldn't abandon the run, but if the Steelers show they can consistently put up big numbers in the passing game (like last night) that might help in their running game and keep teams from putting 7-8 players in the box.
That all being said, and I agree with most of it, Ben had very little pressure on any of the successful drives, and most of it was the titans were sitting back and not getting a hand on him. May be a different story if they decided to blitz.

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Funny...people used to whine about Parker wanting to run outside all the time...now they're whining about him not immediately taking every run outside. :roll:

:wft

With the way the Titans schemed last night Bus in his prime wasn't doing squat. They were determined to shut down the run and make Ben beat them...and he did.

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2009, 12:39 PM
A 2 time pro-bowler, a first round pick and a running back that had a few 100 yd games last year all had no success running last night.

yards
If Parker had that stat line you would still say he sucks, so I guess Chris Johnson sucks too.
You have to give some credit to the opposing teams defense snd some blame to our teams o-line.

Yup...I've heard that Chris Johnson is the man and Willie Parker sucks. They both faced tough run defenses in this game, but Johnson had a quality o-line to run behind that included a couple of Pro Bowl talents (Roos, Mawae) while Willie's o-line couldn't get out of their own way.

Johnson had 15 carries for 57 yards.
Parker had 13 carries for 19 yards.

If you take out the 32 yard run and the 17 yard run, Johnson would have had 13 carries for 8 yards. If you took out that 7 yard carry, he would have had 12 carries for 1 yard. Wow...I never tried this "If you take away the big runs" game before, but it sure is fun! :lol:

isonator07
09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Willie isn't right for us....I want to see Redman or Mendy get 25 carries in a game vs. a "run stuffing" D. Mendy or Redman woulda at least doubled the 19 yds. thats a fact! If our speed back cant get to full speed then hes now a slow back that goes down fast.

pittpete
09-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Titans have a very good def.
Titans played the run all night
Our O-line is very sloooow
Matt Spaeth can't block very well
also.....
Thats what happens when you dont play in the preseason
Willie looked very unsure
Willie went down on first contact
Willie braces for each possible hit
Willie doesnt want to get hurt cause his careers' done if he does
If he stays healthy you know some dumb@ss owner will pay him boatloads of cash just because he won 2 Superbowls :2c

DukieBoy
09-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I'd like to see some plays that get Willie to the edge real quick where he can use his speed, maybe on the weak side of the bunch formation where he can outrun or cut back a one-on-one match-up. Just trying to think of something other than what they've been doing with him.

stlrz d
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Willie isn't right for us....I want to see Redman or Mendy get 25 carries in a game vs. a "run stuffing" D. Mendy or Redman woulda at least doubled the 19 yds. thats a fact! If our speed back cant get to full speed then hes now a slow back that goes down fast.

Facts are something that has been proved.

AngryAsian
09-12-2009, 09:49 PM
We run a spread offense and we have great success running the no huddle, both are greatly enhanced when you have someone coming out of the backfield who has soft hands. Willie does not have this attribute. In the spread and no huddle, a pass out in the flat to your RB with the best blocking WRs in the league and a great pulling TE to help with down field blocking... is just as good if not better than a running game. So this Willie Parker debate is moot. Moore is our best back for the job when you are talking about our best formation.... THE NO HUDDLE.

LasVegasGuy
09-12-2009, 11:57 PM

yards

Yup...I've heard that Chris Johnson is the man and Willie Parker sucks. They both faced tough run defenses in this game, but Johnson had a quality o-line to run behind that included a couple of Pro Bowl talents (Roos, Mawae) while Willie's o-line couldn't get out of their own way.

Johnson had 15 carries for 57 yards.
Parker had 13 carries for 19 yards.

If you take out the 32 yard run and the 17 yard run, Johnson would have had 13 carries for 8 yards. If you took out that 7 yard carry, he would have had 12 carries for 1 yard. Wow...I never tried this "If you take away the big runs" game before, but it sure is fun! :lol:

If this was one game your point would be valid. The problem with Willie dates back many, many games. What did he do in the Super Bowl? What did he do in half the games last year? When we need him the most he is nowhere to be found. I don't know if Mendy, Moore, Redman or Summers is the answer but I know Willie is not the guy to lead us anymore.

isonator07
09-13-2009, 07:33 PM

Hey D, Ive noticed a trend on this site. You sit back with a ball-less approach to never come up with ideas on improving anything. Instead you defend why it's being done. I guess we could all have ball-less man love for a RB who isn't effective for us. I guess we could keep trying to shove a square into a round opening. Or we could go a different route and try giving another RB a chance as the feature back.

As for leaving the chat for all the negativity....boohoo....do me a favor and stay off them all year....sorry you werent in a circle jerk with Willie Kordell and Ariens.

stlrz d
09-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Hey D, Ive noticed a trend on this site. You sit back with a ball-less approach to never come up with ideas on improving anything. Instead you defend why it's being done. I guess we could all have ball-less man love for a RB who isn't effective for us. I guess we could keep trying to shove a square into a round opening. Or we could go a different route and try giving another RB a chance as the feature back.

As for leaving the chat for all the negativity....boohoo....do me a favor and stay off them all year....sorry you werent in a circle jerk with Willie Kordell and Ariens.

You haven't noticed anything. I'm always discussing how the team can get better. You see, I'm not a negative, whining crybaby who is only happy when he has something to complain about. And I also don't make statements like "that's a fact" for something that has not been proved to be a fact. If I were going to post something that hasn't been proved to be a fact I am intelligent enough to post that "it is my opinion"...because that's all it is.

If you don't like Parker that's fine...you're entitled to your opinion...but to insist that it is fact that someone else would have done better is simply foolish.

As for the chat, I'll leave it to the crybabies...the game was much more enjoyable once all the whining, crying and constant yammering about how terrible we are was gone. Have fun being miserable...I'll have fun enjoying watching my team play football without all the debbie downers on my screen.

Oh, and what's truly "ball-less" is calling someone "ball-less" on the internet.

DukieBoy
09-13-2009, 09:06 PM
[quote=isonator07]Willie isn't right for us....I want to see Redman or Mendy get 25 carries in a game vs. a "run stuffing" D. Mendy or Redman woulda at least doubled the 19 yds. thats a fact! If our speed back cant get to full speed then hes now a slow back that goes down fast.

You haven't noticed anything. I'm always discussing how the team can get better. You see, I'm not a negative, whining crybaby who is only happy when he has something to complain about. And I also don't make statements like "that's a fact" for something that has not been proved to be a fact. If I were going to post something that hasn't been proved to be a fact I am intelligent enough to post that "it is my opinion"...because that's all it is.

If you don't like Parker that's fine...you're entitled to your opinion...but to insist that it is fact that someone else would have done better is simply foolish.

As for the chat, I'll leave it to the crybabies...the game was much more enjoyable once all the whining, crying and constant yammering about how terrible we are was gone. Have fun being miserable...I'll have fun enjoying watching my team play football without all the debbie downers on my screen.

Oh, and what's truly "ball-less" is calling someone "ball-less" on the internet.[/quote:kxospy80]

http://udothedishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ethug_572.jpg

isonator07
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Sometimes people will use a statement with sarcasm as a way to display frustration. From now on i'll be straight to the point.

Number one I pray you don't join anymore of the chats. I enjoyed the chats more once you left....it was much better "in my opinion".

Number two I called you ball-less on the internet because its the only form of contact I have with you, and honestly thats perfectly fine with me.

Number three Who do you think is the best fit at RB for our offense? Let everyone know because I think it would be nice to hear you say before the fact who would be the most successful. Anyone can say James Harrison is a stud now.

birtikidis
09-13-2009, 11:36 PM
the FACT is when given the opportunity to showcase himself REDMAN wanted OFF the field. THE FACT IS that MENDY nor MOORE did SQUAT against Tennessee. THE FACT is during the preseason MENDY still showed that he can't hold onto the ball. THE FACT is that our offensive line was getting beat by FOUR rushers at most FIVE. THE FACT IS that if our o-line doesn't get better our rushing statistics will not get better.

grotonsteel
09-14-2009, 12:46 AM
the FACT is when given the opportunity to showcase himself REDMAN wanted OFF the field. THE FACT IS that MENDY nor MOORE did SQUAT against Tennessee. THE FACT is during the preseason MENDY still showed that he can't hold onto the ball. THE FACT is that our offensive line was getting beat by FOUR rushers at most FIVE. THE FACT IS that if our o-line doesn't get better our rushing statistics will not get better.

Mendy got what 4 carries throughout the game. How can one say Mendy did nothing against Tennesse.

Mendy ran with heart on those 4 carries. Willie could not even beat Tenn D 1-on-1. Willie is no more an home run hitter. He is a sprinter without speed.

Mendy should be the starting RB against Chicago. Looking at Chicago Run Defense we don't want another 20 yard performance from Willie. I am pretty sure Mendy can get more than 20 yards from 13 carries.

birtikidis
09-14-2009, 12:54 AM
until mendy can prove that he can hold onto the football, he stays where he's at.
I can say mendy did nothing against tennessee because he did nothing.
and you know willie is no longer fast how? seriously, you guys all say "if he bounces it outside", do you really think that Colon and starks had the edges sealed? do you think bouncing it outside was the gameplan? give me a break. we attacked the middle of the line at the beginning of the game, and throughout the game because our coaches felt that the hole that was left when haynesworth went to washington was an advantage for our running game. (and we all know arians will never adjust a game plan after his is shown to be retarded).