PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Mendy and Willie in the 4th quarter?

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Dissappeared.

And when the Steelers went with a FB on 3rd and SHORT they had the two of the smallest backs on the field and ran the same exact play they always run!! :HeadBanger

I know they couldn't get anything all day on the ground and Moore is much better in the passing game, but still. They stunk (Mendy, Willie, OL).

Snatch98
09-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Dissappeared.

And when the Steelers went with a FB on 3rd and SHORT they had the two of the smallest backs on the field and ran the same exact play they always run!! :HeadBanger

I know they couldn't get anything all day on the ground and Moore is much better in the passing game, but still. They stunk (Mendy, Willie, OL).

Mendenhall had like 5 carries. Willie stunk and the o-line wasn't opening holes. I also won't say Moore is much better in the pass game. Mendenhall is very proficient in that aspect of the game and if Parker continues to falter Mendenhall can be a 3 down back. Write it down. I'm still not sure how anyone can say Mendenhall stunk and I've read it a few times now. He had 5 carries against a stout run D and our offensive line wasn't doing anything.

Northern_Blitz
09-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Dissappeared.

Mendenhall had like 5 carries. Willie stunk and the o-line wasn't opening holes. I also won't say Moore is much better in the pass game. Mendenhall is very proficient in that aspect of the game and if Parker continues to falter Mendenhall can be a 3 down back. Write it down. I'm still not sure how anyone can say Mendenhall stunk and I've read it a few times now. He had 5 carries against a stout run D and our offensive line wasn't doing anything.

Aside from runing into Ben, I think Mendenhall had a good game (for a guy with 5 carries against a good run D). I would like to see him get a lot more carries next week. Parker looked bad last night, but how much of that was blocking? Looking forward to frame by frames on Post Game Heroes.

I wonder if Moore would be worth picking up in PPR Fantasy leagues. I don't usually agree with him, but Dutch at PGH made a case last week (or the week before) that Moore is the best of our backs for the system we run.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Dissappeared.

They disappeared in the fourth? I'm still looking for them from the first three quarters.

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Dissappeared.

They disappeared in the fourth? I'm still looking for them from the first three quarters.

At least I could "see" them in the first three quarters ;)

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Dissappeared.

Aside from runing into Ben, I think Mendenhall had a good game (for a guy with 5 carries against a good run D). I would like to see him get a lot more carries next week. Parker looked bad last night, but how much of that was blocking? Looking forward to frame by frames on Post Game Heroes.

I wonder if Moore would be worth picking up in PPR Fantasy leagues. I don't usually agree with him, but Dutch at PGH made a case last week (or the week before) that Moore is the best of our backs for the system we run.

That was actually Ben's fault...the pulling guard blasted the DT right behind Ben and the hole was wide open...but Ben stuffed it! :D

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Dissappeared.

At least I could "see" them in the first three quarters ;)

You must have been looking in our backfield. :lol: