PDA

View Full Version : Post game positives

jj28west
09-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I am trying to stay grounded but that catch by the rookie Wallace was more tham clutch. Collinsworth commented that he found a spot and sat right in the zone which is amazing from a kid that was not from a pass happy offense in college and being in his first game.

You sometimes hear about a player having "it" well I think this kid has this sense. I know, I know it was one catch and am talking him up like he should be the #1 receiver but a lot of you guys must also be feeling that same vibe after watching hundreds of Steeler games when someone is separating himself and may be something special.

The Oline gave Ben time to throw for the most part. A couple of sacks were either on good coverage by the Titans or Ben holding the ball too long. I am such a geek but when the Titans were coming with four I used a stopwatch and got several 5 + second readings. Maybe they should blow a horn @ practice @ three seconds to force Ben to release quicker.

After a couple broken plays on the touchdown drive I thought Mundy and Carter did respectably well and made some solid tackes.

The negatives were obvious and not worth even regurgitating.

Steelgal
09-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Holmes looked great. He and Ben have continued their great chemistry from last post-season.

Logan flashed in the beginning of the game. I think he'll break one in the next few games. Gotta get rid of the nerves first and adjust to game speed in the NFL.

Special teams in general MUCH better this year, than last. Hope Sepulveda stays healthy all year.

Mewelde had a good game too, I thought. Better than Parker, but that's not saying a lot....

SidSmythe
09-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Holmes looked great. He and Ben have continued their great chemistry from last post-season.

Logan flashed in the beginning of the game. I think he'll break one in the next few games. Gotta get rid of the nerves first and adjust to game speed in the NFL.

Special teams in general MUCH better this year, than last. Hope Sepulveda stays healthy all year.

Mewelde had a good game too, I thought. Better than Parker, but that's not saying a lot....

Right now, Mewelde Moore is our best RB.

Lebsteel
09-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I am trying to stay grounded but that catch by the rookie Wallace was more tham clutch. Collinsworth commented that he found a spot and sat right in the zone which is amazing from a kid that was not from a pass happy offense in college and being in his first game.

You sometimes hear about a player having "it" well I think this kid has this sense. I know, I know it was one catch and am talking him up like he should be the #1 receiver but a lot of you guys must also be feeling that same vibe after watching hundreds of Steeler games when someone is separating himself and may be something special.

The Oline gave Ben time to throw for the most part. A couple of sacks were either on good coverage by the Titans or Ben holding the ball too long. I am such a geek but when the Titans were coming with four I used a stopwatch and got several 5 + second readings. Maybe they should blow a horn @ practice @ three seconds to force Ben to release quicker.

After a couple broken plays on the touchdown drive I thought Mundy and Carter did respectably well and made some solid tackes.

Totally agree with the Wallace comment. He did not look like a rookie running his routes tonight. He was almost hit simultaneously with the ball arriving and still hung on to it. That was a very good catch.

Once again, the O-Line seemed to do their job when it mattered, but man what happened to Colon on the sack by Kearse?

Obviously we need to improve our running game in a big way. Frank Summers looked horrible when he tried to block. He barely was able to touch the man he was supposed to knock back two yards. That can't continue. I would rather see David Johnson as our fullback and bring up Isaac Redman. That may be a little "knee-jerk" but man I was disappointed in Summers. He has never impressed me, while Redman looked great in preseason.

All in all, it was a great game and Ben, Holmes and Ward were very good along with the defense.

papillon
09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
We thought Sepulveda would be a weapon and he was. He pinned them a few times with great punts.

Pappy

birtikidis
09-11-2009, 12:33 AM
hell wallace would have had a td if ben wouldn't have underthrown that deep ball. wallace is gonna be a stud.

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM

Right now, Mewelde Moore is our best RB.

Because the only time the offense did anything was in 2 minute no-huddle drills, and Moore happens to be the guy that is Ben's sidecar from the shotgun in those situations.

NorthCoast
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Totally agree with the Wallace comment. He did not look like a rookie running his routes tonight. He was almost hit simultaneously with the ball arriving and still hung on to it. That was a very good catch.

Once again, the O-Line seemed to do their job when it mattered, but man what happened to Colon on the sack by Kearse?

Obviously we need to improve our running game in a big way. Frank Summers looked horrible when he tried to block. He barely was able to touch the man he was supposed to knock back two yards. That can't continue. I would rather see David Johnson as our fullback and bring up Isaac Redman. That may be a little "knee-jerk" but man I was disappointed in Summers. He has never impressed me, while Redman looked great in preseason.

All in all, it was a great game and Ben, Holmes and Ward were very good along with the defense.

Count me in the Wallace fan club as well. That catch is going to do wonders for his confidence (and Ben's AND Tomlin's confidence in him.) Make no mistake, the contact by the DB was simultaneous with the catch and Wallace had complete body control to cradle the ball. Think about it, his first catch was basically the game winner against a very good defense. Wallace and McDonald could be #2s on many other teams. We are very lucky to have these two.

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2009, 07:39 PM

Count me in the Wallace fan club as well. That catch is going to do wonders for his confidence (and Ben's AND Tomlin's confidence in him.) Make no mistake, the contact by the DB was simultaneous with the catch and Wallace had complete body control to cradle the ball. Think about it, his first catch was basically the game winner against a very good defense. Wallace and McDonald could be #2s on many other teams. We are very lucky to have these two.

Actually, Wallace's game winner was his 3rd catch. His first catch was a quick WR screen. I asked my father why you throw such a pass to Wallace (who has elite straight-line vertical deep speed) vs. someone like Logan instead (who has quick moves and can make people miss in space).

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 09:20 PM
We thought Sepulveda would be a weapon and he was. He pinned them a few times with great punts.

Pappy

Man I went round and round with some folks about that last season. :HeadBanger

Sugar
09-11-2009, 10:07 PM

Pappy

Man I went round and round with some folks about that last season. :HeadBanger

Yeah, you did. You were right then too!