PDA

View Full Version : Eisen is a douche, if you didn't know....

Steelgal
09-11-2009, 12:12 AM
If he talks anymore about how the OT rules seem unfair, I'm going to hit the tv. he keeps saying the Titans never got the ball, yada, yada, yada. He's never gotton over the Superbowl XL win, I don't think......

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
To be fair he's always complained about the OT rules.

Leper Friend
09-11-2009, 12:19 AM
To be fair he's always complained about the OT rules.He's still a douche

Steelgal
09-11-2009, 12:21 AM
To be fair he's always complained about the OT rules.

Ya, don't rain on my parade d. We don't have to be fair :Beer

Lonbull
09-11-2009, 03:45 AM
2nd Half -

Fumble
Punt
Punt
Field Goal
Punt

And with 51 seconds left in the game from the 4 yard line they decided to go for the flip of the coin, instead of try and make something happen.

Obviously to most Steeler fans that game shouldn't have gone into Overtime in the first place. Most of us were thinking "game over" when Hines caught the ball and started trucking down the field. You got a gift from the gods Titans and instead of manning up and doing something with it....

:owned

L.B.

Northern_Blitz
09-11-2009, 06:03 AM
I actually agreed with Collingsworth tonight.

I love sudden death.

Defence is part of the team too. If you don't build your team to be ballanced, then you take the risk that in OT you may not get a chance to have a stellar O on the field (general comment, not aimed at the Titan's).

How can you say that the current rules are unfair, when over time you win just as much when you kick as when you receive? I think that, once again, complainers are Fantasy Football players who'd rather their FF studs get at least one more series.

snarky
09-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I like sudden death and I think the only thing unfair about it is the coin flip.

I'd like to see one of the following instead

1. First team to score a touchdown in regulation will get the ball first in OT (if no team has scored a TD, then the first team to score and if no team has scored then the team that won the opening coin flip). This means, for instance, that last night the Titans would have known in regulation that they were not going to get the ball first and they would have probably tried to move the ball with 45 seconds to go.

2. OT coin flip happens before the fourth quarter (same impact as above)

3. OT is not started with a kickoff or a coin flip. Instead the visiting team names the yard-line at which the first drive will start and the home team chooses whether they want the ball or they want to defend from that spot.