PDA

View Full Version : Scary but W!!! Poor Hiney he's still the man

feelthesteel
09-10-2009, 11:53 PM
i'll take it

DukieBoy
09-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Yes, and we'll hear alot of whining from those jealous that the can't be like us. In the end, we DID deserve to win this game.

papillon
09-11-2009, 12:46 AM
That was a beautiful game; you don't get graded on style points -- Mike Tomlin

Pappy

Sugar
09-11-2009, 05:51 AM
That was a beautiful game; you don't get graded on style points -- Mike Tomlin

Pappy

Coach's words were true tonight because there were very few style points to be had.

frankthetank1
09-11-2009, 07:50 AM
thank god it was an ugly win and not a loss. i felt so bad for hines but at least we won

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Make a mistake...Make a play. And he did.

Did anyone see the replay of Hines flatening the backside DB on that run play after he fumbled??? That was classic!!! No blindside...Right at the LOS. That was determination to make up for the mistake. Great game Hines!

Iron Shiek
09-11-2009, 08:31 AM
It felt like the Colts playoff game all over again. Hines played the role of Bettis, Bironas played the role of Vanderjagt (that terribly missed fg on his first attempt) and, well, Troy was Troy, with that awesome interception. The refs were their usual selves too.

NC Steeler Fan
09-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Did anyone see the replay of Hines flatening the backside DB on that run play after he fumbled??? That was classic!!! No blindside...Right at the LOS. That was determination to make up for the mistake. Great game Hines!

Aw hell, the announcers even called it!! :lol: I think it was the pencil-neck geek in the booth who said something to the effect of: "Now, watch Hines take out his frustration and desire to make a play on this poor DB!"

I hated seeing that look on Hines' face on the sideline. You know the whole time he was biting his lip he wanted to bust out in tears of frustration and anger at himself.

Some of the overblown egos out there might call that weak, but I see a man who OWNS his game without apologies....

AngryAsian
09-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I'll take Hines for all of what he brings to the table. That competitiveness is what garnished him all the respect and accolades around the league. IMO, he's the greatest and most complete WR to ever wear the black and gold... and that's some pretty stout company. He's clutch and will continue to be thus this season.

Shoe
09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
No Steeler fan will ever have anything but respect for this guy. Anyone who yelled at him for what happened at the time has no respect for what this guy is. Granted, he got greedy when the prudent thing was to get down.

I still don't believe La Canfora didn't have him in the All-Time Steeler Top 20--that is just ludicrous.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":sjkr3wfm]Make a mistake...Make a play. And he did.

Aw hell, the announcers even called it!! :lol: I think it was the pencil-neck geek in the booth who said something to the effect of: "Now, watch Hines take out his frustration and desire to make a play on this poor DB!"

I hated seeing that look on Hines' face on the sideline. You know the whole time he was biting his lip he wanted to bust out in tears of frustration and anger at himself.

Some of the overblown egos out there might call that weak, but I see a man who OWNS his game without apologies....[/quote:sjkr3wfm]
Me too! It isn't the same when Hines isn't smiling running down the field.

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM

There's a 2 page thread on the Rats forum about how he "led with his helmet". :roll:

Hines blocks like a FB...he keeps his arms in and drives through his man. If you block that way the helmet WILL make contact. Watch any FB blowing a guy up and you'll see the same thing...yet no one cries about that.

Pansies are used to seeing WRs running out there to play patty cake with a guy they're supposed to be blocking. Hines doesn't know (thankfully) how to play patty cake.